Small things that need changed at Kings Island.

OpSonofBeast

Sorry if forums like this (very quick search had nothing) but I was at the park the other day and several small things bugged me at KI.

• Invertigo's sign is still Red and yellow. Small, easy to fix thing yet it still hasn't been done.
  • The area between the tower and international showplace is very dark at night. During the haunt it's dark and foggy. Simple lights will fix this.
  • I hope next on the list for paint jobs is Diamondbacks supports (5 years of fading) it's not as pretty.
  • The Beast's que is very crammed. I don't know how but it would be nice to have a new que for The Beast.
  • Walking in DA some of the dinos didn't have their sound on. Idk if this is because it's early in the year but I already hate the idea of DA why give me one more reason to hate it?
  • Does anyone care for Congo Falls anymore? A new flat would be nice. *cough* flying eagles *cough*. (not small but still)
  • I didn't look but is the flower clock is there? Does it work? If no to either please fix.

I know some of these things may sound dumb but we all know nothing BIG is going to happen for 2015 so why not have some minor improvements to the park!

• Like 6

Sorry if forums like this (very quick search had nothing) but I was at the park the other day and several small things bugged me at KI.

• Invertigo's sign is still Red and yellow. Small, easy to fix thing yet it still hasn't been done.
  • The area between the tower and international showplace is very dark at night. During the haunt it's dark and foggy. Simple lights will fix this.
  • I hope next on the list for paint jobs is Diamondbacks supports (5 years of fading) it's not as pretty.
  • The Beast's que is very crammed. I don't know how but it would be nice to have a new que for The Beast.
  • Walking in DA some of the dinos didn't have their sound on. Idk if this is because it's early in the year but I already hate the idea of DA why give me one more reason to hate it?
  • Does anyone care for Congo Falls anymore? A new flat would be nice. *cough* flying eagles *cough*. (not small but still)
  • I didn't look but is the flower clock is there? Does it work? If no to either please fix.

I know some of these things may sound dumb but we all know nothing BIG is going to happen for 2015 so why not have some minor improvements to the park!

With my scant experience, and I'm sure some will correct me:

- Don't know about Invertigo. The area around Banshee has been done so incredibly well that I have to believe that the aforementioned coaster will receive some retheming next year.

- Couldn't help but notice that even though the night light show (whatever it was called) is over... lights remain in the trees.

- Agree about Diamondback

- Beast's que has always been crammed... perhaps better "covering" in the event of rain.

- no input on DA

- Congo falls could use some "Journey to Atlantis" treatment... and for the record, Flying Eagles wouldn't be a new attraction; or fit in that area.

- Flower clock is still there- albeit without flowers. but if memory serves correct the flowers get put in sometime in May.

• Like 4

In general, the park looks fantastic. These are small things that should be fixed. Remember though, they do things in cycles. The park can't afford to make changes all at once.

As far as Diamondback's supports- they look fine to me. 5 years is not enough for a ride to be repainted.

• Like 3

*pardon ze double post*

As for me, I'm probably most picky about the park map.

Ex:

13961132112_cb1f4f461b_o.png

The entrance to Viking Fury is on the side nearest the Festhaus. This might confuse some guests unfamiliar with the park.

and:

13984287023_63e880ed5c_o.png

We all know what's wrong here... ;)

As for the park itself, I hate the way blacktop looks in a park. I think the newly poured concrete in AZ and Oktoberfest looks phenomenal. Also I think the park should do something about Action Theater, I haven't had any desire whatsoever to go back there since Spongebob's 4D adventure-thingy was there.

• Like 6

One thing that bothers me is that half the time i ride AE the sounds are all turned off and/or the door in the final tunnel has been left open. I want to hear "you have disturbed..." not squeak squeak as the arms go up and down lol

• Like 8

As many times as I've ridden Adventure Express and Racer, I have not experienced either of those above issues. (Pre 2013, yes Adventure Express was squeaky, but that is now gone) also I have never heard of Racer repeadetly not racing. In fact I usually get annoyed when one side says "station ready" and you have to wait for the other side. However in the mornings, and later at night they usually seem to have just one side going because of staffing.

To be fair, the park did spend a significant amount of money in upgrades over the winter. Upgrade of entrance plaza, paving parts of the parking lot, the area around Banshee. There are some oddities that seem to be prevalent on a somewhat consistent basis- but because of all of the TLC that was given, I'll give the others a "pass" because I sense that these will be addressed in time. The new CEO has an emphasis on guest experience; this will take a few years to completely address.

• Like 11

I feel they should move the place where they launch the nightly fireworks to somewhere else. Where they have it now, they always have to close Beast 15 minutes prior and nearly 10-15 minutes after to keep the area clear for the show. There has to be some other clearing somewhere that won't interfere with Beast's operations at night.

• Like 4

Does anyone care for Congo Falls anymore? Yes this guy. At the start of last season, our then 4 year old was in that wierd height range 46" until shortly after his 5th birthday when he finally hit 48" and gained access to The Beast, Vortex, Racers, etc.. In was in those first few months of the operating season that I was re-introduced to KI's 2 46" mark rides, WWC & Congo Falls. I probably had not been on either ride in nearly 15-20 years (how long has Congo Falls been around?) and had forgotten the experience of each.

Congo Falls provides proably the most air time of any ride in the park, nothing to hold you back but gravity as you fall down the hill. My son and I had a blast riding that thing many times. Then on top of that, as I'm sure many parents can attest, there is no way to completely describe the joy you get watching your 4/5 year old standing on the bridge waiting to be drenched by the splash and the look on their little faces of pure joy. Those moments are far more important to me than anything I've experienced on an actual ride inside the park.

• Like 27

Sorry if forums like this (very quick search had nothing) but I was at

[*]The Beast's que is very crammed. I don't know how but it would be nice to have a new que for The Beast.

The Beast queue is very narrow! especially compared to newer attractions like Delirium and Diamondback. It's especially noticeable when you have to leave the queue midway through waiting, and have almost no means of getting around or through the other guests.

how long has Congo Falls been around?

Opened in 1988 as Amazon Falls, renamed in 1999 to Congo Falls.

• Like 2

Banshee standing at a cool 24 million doesn't have as big of a price tag as some of Cedar Fairs recent B&M additions. (Gatekeeper 30million, Leviathan 28million) Kings Island ended up with a litter extra cap, for upgrading and refurbishing.