Small things that need changed at Kings Island.

OpSonofBeast

I had a great time on opening day but the thing that bothered me was The Racer was not racing! Both sides were running but they would not release at the same time. We called it the big racing wooden coaster that doesn't race for the rest of the day.

It was racing when we rode it around 3:30/3:45 on opening day. Blue crew was moving faster than Red, so Blue was always waiting for them. That is until my train, when the Blue crew had to do something with a restraint towards the back of the train, Red waited a while for Blue to be done but then went ahead and dispatched the ride. So by the time we got to the bottom of the lift hill, Red was at the top of the lift. My first ride on Racer for the year was a just a qualifying lap, not a race.

• Like 6

Sorry if forums like this (very quick search had nothing) but I was at

[*]The Beast's que is very crammed. I don't know how but it would be nice to have a new que for The Beast.

The Beast queue is very narrow! especially compared to newer attractions like Delirium and Diamondback. It's especially noticeable when you have to leave the queue midway through waiting, and have almost no means of getting around or through the other guests.

The Beast's queue was built well before ADA laws required a specific width for accessibility. The queue width had everything to do with making the most use out of the space. There's been no need to change it since Beast loads accessible riders via the exit.

Also, at the time, obesity and general size of riders was much less... not meant as a derrogatory statement, rather a general fact.

Finally, most don't realize this, but The Beast originally had 4 queue houses - long lines necessitated it back in the day. As lines decreased over time, the 4th queue was removed. It currently has 3. The remnants of the former queue can be seen by the keen eye.

• Like 14

To me, the thing that looks neglected is the Wall of Fame tucked in a nook beside the KI Theatre. For as much as the park makes of the inductions every year, could they at least move it to a more prominent locale? Also, I noticed at the info booth there were two monitors that had a heading of 'ride info'. Did these ever display wait times? Is Banshee going to get an estimated wait time sign like DB has?

Maybe retheme Boo Blasters/Scooby Doo/Phantom Theater/Enchanted Voyage/Smurfs to something Peanuts related

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Its almost sad to think that KI had a pair of classic rides and chose to dismantle. Enchanted Voyage and Phantom Theater were great classic dark rides (though unfortunately in the same building). I'm just not a fan of the whole black-light and florescent scenery.

Both of the aforementioned attractions were build specifically for KI and were designer originals. Neither exist anymore.

• Like 14

Sorry if forums like this (very quick search had nothing) but I was at

[*]The Beast's que is very crammed. I don't know how but it would be nice to have a new que for The Beast.

The Beast queue is very narrow! especially compared to newer attractions like Delirium and Diamondback. It's especially noticeable when you have to leave the queue midway through waiting, and have almost no means of getting around or through the other guests.

The Beast's queue was built well before ADA laws required a specific width for accessibility. The queue width had everything to do with making the most use out of the space. There's been no need to change it since Beast loads accessible riders via the exit.

Also, at the time, obesity and general size of riders was much less... not meant as a derrogatory statement, rather a general fact.

Finally, most don't realize this, but The Beast originally had 4 queue houses - long lines necessitated it back in the day. As lines decreased over time, the 4th queue was removed. It currently has 3. The remnants of the former queue can be seen by the keen eye.

Where would a keen eye have to look to see these remnants, exactly? I'm intrigued now.

• Like 6

I like the little flaws. The little glitches that have always been there make the park feel more like a home park. It's not Disney. Not everything has to be polished and sparking :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take Disney-like polished theming and upkeep over a "home park" feel.

• Like 2

In fairness, the amount of work done this off-season has really been remarkable. Not only a brand new, world class coaster, but a TON of new pavement, from the front entrance to Action Zone, a new shade area/dining area in Action Zone, a new restaurant, two new patio areas behind Festhaus, removal of most of the Snoopy Spectacular (which never was), a heavily updated front gate, FunTV thru the whole park, and, I'm sure that I am missing things...

Seems to me that more work was done this off-season than any that I can remember in the past 20 years.

Hopefully a sign of things to come with the current management team. The future is bright.

• Like 19

I would love it if they changed from offering a refillable souvenir cup to a drink plan linked to a card or season pass. Same basic deal but instead of having to carry around a souvenir cup everywhere you'd get a drink in a disposable paper cup for 99 cents after day of purchase. This would be especially nice now with Banshee being absolutely no loose articles.

• Like 16

My wife walked around pregnant all last summer complaining why there wasn't any cool mist areas. Yes, I do know alternatives and yes Banshee's sign pumps out a little cool mist, but a large cool mist zone would be really nice! Especially for pregnant women and those who suffer in the heat!

• Like 12

Lets not forget ONE detail, RiverTown. It DESPERATELY needs brightened up. With only 2 coasters there, and only 4 rides total? That area needs love. There is plenty of room to expand it into the woods between the train, and the Queue and exit of WWC

Oktoberfest only has one coaster (which is not remotely German) and two flats (also not remotely German).

I think it could use some attention too.

• Like 4

There's also that big box thingy in Rivertown that needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but that's not a small thing. I also don't understand why so many are always talking about removing it? Don said it wasn't going any where, and why would it? It's used for storage and a Haunt attraction, who knows what else could go inside it one day down the road, they have all the space in the world, why tear it down?

• Like 6

Lets not forget ONE detail, RiverTown. It DESPERATELY needs brightened up. With only 2 coasters there, and only 4 rides total? That area needs love. There is plenty of room to expand it into the woods between the train, and the Queue and exit of WWC

Oktoberfest only has one coaster (which is not remotely German) and two flats (also not remotely German).

I think it could use some attention too.

But.....but....the Vikings were a Germanic tribe?
  • Like 2

Do you remember the lights that are on the bottom of WindSeeker's seats? They were working in its inaugural season (2011) but have not since 2012. In contrast, the ones on Cedar Point's WindSeeker were still working when I was there on September 15 last year (2013) and I wouldn't be surprised if they're still working now.

I really miss seeing those lights lit!! If Cedar Point can keep them going on their WindSeeker, then Kings Island can too. :)

• Like 2

^ I honestly don't see them doing this, as they have the newer "keyless" lockers both by Banshee and by Flight of Fear and Firehawk.

If you think about it $1 for an hour isn't that bad, especially if you put your belongings in the locker just to ride that ride and go from there...

In my opinion putting boxes/bins in the Firehawk and Banshee stations would greatly slow down the capacity of the rides. Firehawk is slow enough to load and Banshee on it's opening season would really not be good.

By the way--- I heard a few people complaining about having to get a locker for their stuff while riding Banshee. Basically it was "why weren't we told about this earlier" after being informed by a KI police/security officer about 100 feet from the que entrance.

Later,

Mark

• Like 9

I'm just happy to see The Racer lockers still present and still not upgraded to the electronic ones. They are very handy if you want to keep something stored away for the duration of the visit, but available if needed in an emergency. Many times I have left my cell phone in there. For $2, I put my stuff in it and it's there for me in an emergency, otherwise, I can keep it there all day long for just the initial $2.

• Like 6