Small things that need changed at Kings Island.

OpSonofBeast

One time at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (excited to see it coming back!) my phone was running low on battery and was please to find a charging station that was like $1 for a 1/2 charge (which can get a phone a descent charge) it would be nice of KI had some of these..maybe in the restaurants...Playing games in line can diminish your battery it would be nice to have a place to go sit, eat, charge your phone, then go ride more rides!

CbgbFDP.jpg

this kinda thing!

Edited by OpSonofBeast
  • Like 8

LOWER PRICES to merchandise & food, It's a business, not a charity.

did I mention lower prices on food & merchandise? again not a charity, business has to make money to build rides and make improvements.

I understand KI is a business, but I agree with the statement about the food prices. I was there Friday night with my wife and my niece and we were walking through Planet Snoopy looking at food prices because my niece was hungry. $13 for a hotdog kids meal! $13? That's not business, that's robbery. Since it was close to closing time anyway, we ended up leaving and getting food outside of the park.

Now merchandise doesn't seem to be too bad. My wife bought a t-shirt with a vintage KI logo on it and it was $12.99 plus 10% off with her gold pass. Not too bad really.

You know, for years we've heard that inflation was right around the corner some day- and it appears to have hit the Kings Island food kiosks, FIRST! I agree, with rates that high, I am doubtful to spend money on food in the park... ever.

One time at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (excited to see it coming back!) my phone was running low on battery and was please to find a charging station that was like $1 for a 1/2 charge (which can get a phone a descent charge) it would be nice of KI had some of these..maybe in the restaurants...Playing games in line can diminish your battery it would be nice to have a place to go sit, eat, charge your phone, then go ride more rides!

CbgbFDP.jpg

this kinda thing!

playing games while in line??? here's a novel idea- talk with the friends that came with you instead of dunking your head in your electronic devise. Saves battery life and increases social interaction at the same time. Two birds, one stone.

• Like 9

Better yet, bring a small rechargeable battery charger (battery pack with 5V USB output) if your phone battery won't last the entire day. No upcharge, and you're not tethered to a wall.

I'm sure that Terp's phone battery lasts all day when he's at an amusement park.

^What if you go to the park alone?

I've had some very interesting conversations with complete strangers in queues.

Or you can post in the meetups forum and find someone else from here in the park.

• Like 7

Better yet, bring a small rechargeable battery charger (battery pack with 5V USB output) if your phone battery won't last the entire day. No upcharge, and you're not tethered to a wall.

I'm sure that Terp's phone battery lasts all day when he's at an amusement park.

I've had some very interesting conversations with complete strangers in queues.

Or you can post in the meetups forum and find someone else from here in the park.

I did that at DisneyLand as a kid, went alone first thing in the morning, caught, and one time missed, the last bus at night. I met people from allover the world, and some people were kind enough to give me their leftover ride tickets, a lot of E tickets were had that day.

• Like 4

Did that a lot as a kid at places like Disney too. I would always go to the parks fromt he moment they opened until they closed and my family would never make it all day. So i'd catch the busses out tot he parks and then meet up with them later in the day. Then go ride more after fireworks when they left. Would chat with random people in the lines and sometimes meet other people there by themselves and hang out riding rides together for the day.

• Like 1

Going alone is fun because you get to choose the rides and nobody says "Hey can we NOT ride Diamondback ten times in a row?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This! When I go to the park alone, the people I'm with don't have problems with marathoning Adventure Express till the cows come home.
  • Like 6

To go back a little further in this topic, yes, there are some scary things that do happen in the world and someone with a lot of motivation sometimes can pull off a tragic event, but yours truly spent a few years at the park making sure this would never happen and I promise that there are a lot of good people keeping the park safe right now. If you see something suspicious at the park, please make the nearest employee aware of the situation so it can be addressed, but also relax and have fun! You are in good hands at the park!

• Like 4

CbgbFDP.jpg

this kinda thing!

playing games while in line??? here's a novel idea- talk with the friends that came with you instead of dunking your head in your electronic devise. Saves battery life and increases social interaction at the same time. Two birds, one stone.

Meanwhile, the forward-thinkers at the Mouse have installed charging lockers at 2 locations in TL for guest use. There are 20 lockers total spread out over two locations. Each locker features a simple USB charger (Android), the old Apple 30-pin and the new Apple "Lightning" charger, so I'd say 99% of phones are covered. The cost is free! Just swipe your MagicBand or CC, which acts as your 'key'. This is a test for now and may be rolled out further (at a nominal cost) in the future.

• Like 2

Going alone is fun because you get to choose the rides and nobody says "Hey can we NOT ride Diamondback ten times in a row?"

This! When I go to the park alone, the people I'm with don't have problems with marathoning Adventure Express till the cows come home.

"I can't believe we waited three hours...for just THAT."

Yeah, definitely going ALONE next opening day.

• Like 4

Also, you can rent a locker that can charge your phone near the front gate. Ask the person in charge of those lockers for details (the same place as wheelchair rentals)

I wasn't aware of that (I tend to quickly go to the rides once I get in:p) still..that's a hassle...I don't want to have to stand by a locker to charge my phone. I want to eat some tasty (overpriced) LaRosa's pizza and charge my phone in the festhaus! lol

Also, you can rent a locker that can charge your phone near the front gate. Ask the person in charge of those lockers for details (the same place as wheelchair rentals)

I wasn't aware of that (I tend to quickly go to the rides once I get in:p) still..that's a hassle...I don't want to have to stand by a locker to charge my phone. I want to eat some tasty (overpriced) LaRosa's pizza and charge my phone in the festhaus! lol

Plus, IIRC, at least as of last year the charging lockers at KI are ONLY available as an all-day rental (you CANNOT rent them by the hour), and they are more expensive than regular all-day lockers ($16.00 the last time I checked, which was last year). As long as they remain that way, they are really only for the truly rich, dumb, or desperate.

• Like 1

Also, you can stop when you like.

However, I have three rules when I visit with a group of people.

1. No zig zagging. We ride when we get to a ride. (No Diamondback to Banshee to Beast to FOF crap.)

2. One stops, we all stop. One goes, we all go. (Restroom, drinks, food, ride I dislike, etc.) Everyone gets to do what they want when they are with me. I may not like your ride, but I will ride it with you. I expect the same in return.

3. Even numbers. So no one get's left out.

If you go to a park using these 3 rules you will have a great day.

• Like 3

I'm guilty of zig-zagging. Sometimes I take friends who have to "work their way up" to Diamondback instead of going straight there as the gates open. So we'll go from AE to BLSC to Bat before doing anything else.

I could (and did) ride Diamondback at 7:30-8 in the morning so I don't get the "working your way up" thing.

• Like 6

I'm guilty of zig-zagging. Sometimes I take friends who have to "work their way up" to Diamondback instead of going straight there as the gates open. So we'll go from AE to BLSC to Bat before doing anything else.

I could (and did) ride Diamondback at 7:30-8 in the morning so I don't get the "working your way up" thing.

The best way to start the day is with a huge first drop imo. Feels the best.

• Like 5

I was at the park last Saturday by myself.

Waited over an hour for Diamondback.

Had the time of my life in line.

• Like 5

I like breaking all three rules.

I do try to follow the even numbers rule, as I agree that it's no fun leaving an odd man out.

Plus, if we made a habit of leaving the odd man out, most of the male users of this site (myself included) would never get to ride anything.

Just take care not to leave the same odd man out on successive rides. If you have a variable group, odd numbers can be hard to avoid.

No zig zagging.

Depending on crowd flow, zig zagging can be quite beneficial.

And it's a lot better than standing around debating what to ride.

One stops, we all stop. One goes, we all go. (Restroom, drinks, food, ride I dislike, etc.) Everyone gets to do what they want when they are with me. I may not like your ride, but I will ride it with you. I expect the same in return.

If everyone always stops and waits, no one would get much done.

There's nothing wrong with splitting into smaller groups or having people meet up again later.

• Like 5

True story..One and only day I got voluntold to be a sweep was hell. Rainstorm (we actually swept rain), hot, cruddy uniform (old hot epaulet uniform), guests, and lots of walking. Laying down after a 12 hour day like that, oh fantastic. Being a ride sup was a much better gig.

I'll run around a train or ride plat and clear/dispatch all day.

• Like 3