Small things that need changed at Kings Island.

OpSonofBeast

My wife walked around pregnant all last summer complaining why there wasn't any cool mist areas. Yes, I do know alternatives and yes Banshee's sign pumps out a little cool mist, but a large cool mist zone would be really nice! Especially for pregnant women and those who suffer in the heat!

Maybe they could build a mist area like in the smokestacks area in center field in Great American.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

As far as charging your phone at the park goes, get a portable cell phone charger. They're readily available on Amazon for around $30 depending on brand and capacity. I bought a Jackery Bar and love it. It fits nicely in my pocket and keeps my phone charged while I'm in the park.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My wife walked around pregnant all last summer complaining why there wasn't any cool mist areas. Yes, I do know alternatives and yes Banshee's sign pumps out a little cool mist, but a large cool mist zone would be really nice! Especially for pregnant women and those who suffer in the heat!

Maybe they could build a mist area like in the smokestacks area in center field in Great American.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was thinking what they have at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

I mentioned it in the fudge thread but I would like to see some diabetic friendly treats. They have included some Gluten Free options it would not be difficult to have a no sugar added or sugar free. I would love to sit an eat an ice cream with my daughter instead of just watching her eat one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I may be in the minority here but I actually thought Snoopys Starlight Spectacular was a great thing to have in the park. That area at night (when maintained) looked great to me and added some much needed quality seen in Disney and whatnot. It's really a shame they couldn't keep that up and running, and chose to remove it.

Maybe it was axed to free up budget elsewhere for Fun TV or something? I do like the flat screens around the park, it adds a nice touch to queues.

Sent from my Windows Phone

• Like 1

Starlight Spectacular looked great the first year or so, although it was a bit confusing as to when the actual "show" part of it was. The problem is it wasn't maintained. LEDs weren't replaced when they went out, etc. By last season it had become a joke and an eyesore.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not exactly a change at Kings Island but more of their YouTube page. I notice that they don't have a profile picture and only a couple really old POVs. I would love to see new POVs on every roller coaster at Kings Island this year. We have a new Beast and obiously Banshee but I'd love to see an updated POV for rides like Vortex and Diamondback which look old. Diamondback's has no sound and looks like it was recorded in the early 2000s.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority here but I actually thought Snoopys Starlight Spectacular was a great thing to have in the park. That area at night (when maintained) looked great to me and added some much needed quality seen in Disney and whatnot. It's really a shame they couldn't keep that up and running, and chose to remove it.

Maybe it was axed to free up budget elsewhere for Fun TV or something? I do like the flat screens around the park, it adds a nice touch to queues.

Sent from my Windows Phone

I don't think you'd be in the minority on that. A lot of people thought it was good and looked nice when it first opened. The problem was that it wasn't maintained and became more of an eyesore. I'd have been for keeping it if it was kept up but it wasn't and they seemed to have no intention of every restoring it so I'd rather have it taken out.

• Like 2

Yeah that's exactly what I was getting at when I said "when maintained". I guess what I was trying to say might have been confusing. I agree if it is going to be half a**ed then I'm all for taking it out. But my "small thing that needs changed" would be to better maintain it in the first place so they don't have to get in a situation where it's better to take it out.

For now, I am hoping that all workers on each ride are trained in that particular ride's rules. For example, on Banshee, some of the line workers would let people with backpacks go through if the people said they were switching bags with their fellow riders. "Me and my husband will hold the bags while the kids ride, then we will switch." At other times, the line workers would say in no uncertain terms that bags WERE NOT permitted in the line. Although this really doesn't affect my family (we have one with vertigo problems so she stays with the bags), it can cause problems.

• Like 4

Definitely need restrooms by Firehawk and Flight of Fear-never could understand the lack of facilities in that area. Also, after 35 years, I don't feel that it would be a bad idea to give The Beast queue a little TLC in the way of a facelift-maybe bring back the refreshment stand with smiling, live people selling fresh pretzels and cold drinks? ( A person can dream can't they?}

• Like 6

I think they once had real live folks and soft drinks/refills at the beginning of the queue for Beast, but I'm not sure I liked it. People either blocked the queue while they were being served, or wanted to 'catch up with their group' after they got whatever they were after, which is a little like encouraging line-jumping to some. Some would re-join the line at the point where the refreshment line was, which usually was ok with everybody, but it's probably better to keep all that prior to the queue line. :)

• Like 4

I'd go for that fountain in a second over Snoopy's Splash Dance, which is an abomination of a design. Lets see, kid goes in one side of the attraction, comes out on the completely opposite side, probably 99% of the time before the parent could ever hope to get to the other side, and if the parent does decide to walk around to the exit, which way do they walk, what if their kid goes the oppossite direction? What could possibly go wrong? We don't let our 5 year go thru that unless we are both there.

• Like 2

Kings Island once had something similar in Coney Mall. First it was fenced, then it was turned off. Last I looked, a large urn stood in the area.

You haven't looked very recently then. Since 2011, when all of Coney Mall was given pavers, the urn has been removed and there's a small floral patch there now.

Personally, I think one of the fountains like zomebieninja linked to would be perfect in that circular spot.

• Like 2

Here is my list of little things from two trips this year (full disclosure, I have had nothing but two awesome trips this year, the park seems like such a happier place):

Trees, trees, and more trees. I love natural shade. In many places it just gets scortchin hot!

When putting temporary picnic tables out, add umbrellas to help beat the heat.

More characters walking around. I get that we have the Peanuts gang, but lets see them walking around the park, not just in Planet Snoopy.

Walking side shows, similar to the Jazz band. Maybe a juggler or stilt walker, etc. Just something to help add a fun experience while walking through the midways.

A few hydration stations, either misters or water or something.

And lastly, a unique feature that is recognizable to our park. KD has the mushrooms, Universal has the singing fountain, could we get something that could help create memories?