All new rumours!

DegenRider

One of my sources in entertainment has dropped these rumours for me.

1. No parade next year it has not gone over well.

2. Magic of the movies will stay the same

3. No more fear fest. its done in 2004

4. No more horrid singing. karaoke is not returning

5. Star Trek Earth tour!

Also uniforms may change. Some say the new look will be more of a hollywood type with the "cast" helping out. Jeans and T-shirts to give employees a stage hand look.

the end of "zones" is near.......

Hollywood Blvd Here we come (hint hint)

1. I would be surprised if there is no parade next year. To me, it seems to have been a big hit at the parks. It is a wonderful opportunity for kids to see their favorite cartoon characters come to life.

2. I would be surprised, based on the poor performance I witnessed when I attended Magic of the Movies if it returned in the same form next season.

3. Additionally, I would be surprised if FearFest ended after this season. Last season with free admission, the park was packed. I would imagine that they had large food and games profits last season during Fear Fest and I bet they will have similar results this season with free admission to Fear Fest.

I for one would not like it if they make jeans part of the uniform. It would not seem very professional to have workers running rides wearing jeans and a t-shirt. While it may fit the theme of stagehands, I think it would lower the professionalism of the workers to have a uniform of that nature.

I certainly hope that you are not infering that themed areas at PKI may be no more and that the entire park will just be one giant area. While it may happen, especially with the theming and recent push of the park as a Hollywood entertainment park. The park might be turning into a Disney MGM studios type park, where the entire park is themed to movies. I would not like that to happen as the park would be forgetting about part of their past. Also, if that happens, the park would loose a part of its individuality that it had and all five Paramount parks would really begin to feel the same way.

I do forsee International Street becoming Hollywood Boulevard at some point in the future. Besides the Eiffel Tower, and Mandarin Cuisine, there is nothing International about International Street anymore. It is not like they still refer to the buildings as the Swiss building, the German building, etc.

Overall I think, the only rumor that will come to fruition would be the last two. Especially the Hollywood Boulevard rumor. I would be disapointed if the park removed the "zones" and had just one big themed park. Although, there is no congruent theming to the themed areas anymore like there used to be. Times change and the park will never be what it used to be. The park is changing and will be different in 10 years. Just like the park today is different than it was 10 years ago. We are finally seeing the push toward movie based attractions that were imagined when Paramount purchased the parks back in 1993. Like it or not this is the direction the park is going in. I`m sure modern thrill rides and large coasters will still be a part of the package, but they will be farther apart and more heavily themed. I think I`ve said enough for now.

Can anyone back me on the thought of the Hollywood theme going a little over the top? I mean if thats the marketing plan so be it.. But, I think it might desperatly change the feel of PKI you know? .. If I wanted Disney , Id go to Orlando and not Cincinnatti. Butttttt then again.. Rumors, Rumors , Rumors!

On the part about FearFest being Droped. Way back in 1992 PKI decited to end Winterfest so the park could stay open till the end of october. (It closed at the begining of October to allow time to set up Winterfest.) So This is Really 2 rumers coming together. If they Do Restart Winterfest They will have to close the park early in order to have time to get ready. So the choice is WinterFest or FearFest, and it looks as if they might have chosen...

I`m sure the park could get things ready for Winterfest in a month if they wanted to have it. I don`t foresee them closing early in October to prepare for it though. From last year, I would say they raked in pretty good money in October. I think Winterfest would be popular if they decided to bring it back. We`ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Paramount's Kings Island will never be like Kings Island as far as themeing experience goes, but if PKI keeps going in the same direction, the overall experience could become just as good as in the old days. I don't really have an opinion on zones verses no-zones, just as long as more themeing is brought in and old themeing is kept in perfect working order, which of course, PKI isn't exactly known for.

1. No parade next year it has not gone over well.

2. Magic of the movies will stay the same

3. No more fear fest. its done in 2004

4. No more horrid singing. karaoke is not returning

5. Star Trek Earth tour!

Well for me........

1.I think the parade is really a good idea for kids who love Nickelodeon and Nick jr........... it also has alot of performers in it.....I don't think they would just drop all them..but I don't know, they might not even want to work there next year

2. cool

3.I hope thats not true...I really like FearFest! and I think ALOT of people do...I hope thats not true plus it's part of the publicity and all...

4. I don't know what I think about that really I meen It DOSE get old watching reeeeeally bad singers sing but then again there are some reeeeeeeeeaally good singers there too! I wish they would have to Audition for like the star search thing so then there all just good singers...that would be more entertaining for me. although no more singing.....that dosen't meen the 'Tuned In' show too dose it? (because there good singers anyway)

5.Awesome!

Personally, I would hate to see the zones go. The zones help us in merch when guests ask for directions to a specific ride or eatery.

The parade soundtrack did provide a nice break in the movie music during the day. I know the shops around the parade route got slammed every day after the parade passed by. Plus it was fun to watch.

Star Search Live was definately a bad idea. Its ok to hear a song once in a while but when four out of five contestants sing "Proud to be an American" It gets old really quick.

The parade was too big of a hit with the kids.....I belive it will come back stronger next year.

Magic of the Movies....not so sure. Even the other parks (Universal and MGM are slowly drifting to a PKI style of park with coasters and other rides because nearly everyone that has visited those parks knows now how movies are made.

Fearfest....not going away, but possibly spreading to other locations in the park. Since it was centered around the International street when it opened, it has expanded north. Now is the time to include Rivertown.

Karaoke singing. Seems popular to me. Try walking through the area when it's showing. I don't care if it stays or goes.

Star Trek? They tried the characters once, unless they build a ride like the one in Vegas, not so sure it would go over.

International Street "Hollywoodized".... this is a really good possibility, I think it should be totally revamped to be like Universal City Walk. This area could be a great after hours hang out with top notch restaraunts and perhaps an in park movie theater built in the administrative parking area to the right of the main gates. All they would have to do is gate the theme area entrances as "one way" after the park closes, with gates like the one to the Paramount Story park near the tower. The Paramount City Walk (for lack of a better name) could stay open all year round and bring in more money. Especially since Mason lacks many restaurant locations.

I seem to recall a rumor a long time ago about making I-Street a separate part of the park with the shops and restaraunts open year round. There is one problem with doing an entertainment district on I-Street. It would make walking about the park very difficult. Say for example you were over in the Action Zone and wanted to go to The Beast. You would walk down I-Street and behind the tower into Rivertown. I don`t think logistically that would work. However, I do think they might do some retheming to International Street and make it like a Hollywood Boulevard at some point in the future. Didn`t PGA do that to there entrance plaza this season?

I believe I've also said something like this in another thread a few weeks ago...

Hollywoodizing International Street would make that area a great place to spend actual time in. I for one pretty much use International Street as a main park zone connector; and it works WELL. Just think what the park could do if they could get people like me to stop and spend time and money there...

I am not too sure where you got your rumors from but I can tell you this much for SURE:

1) The parade will be returning next year, It will be bigger, and "better" Plus it will be around for an additional 2 weeks.

2) Magic of the Movies is NOT returning to our park next year. We have dropped the contract with the company that made the show and we will not be getting the renovation of it next year.

3) Karaoke (StarSearch) will return next year.....it is too popular with the people and costs next-to-nothing to run it, Why would they cut it????

4) I "think" that we will see more of the hollywood theming on I-street next year.....but then again I said that about this year as well.

5) I don't foresee FearFest ending this year.....but It may be scaled down a little bit next year if Winterfest makes a return.

My family took a vacation to orlando last year, and not that mason is orlando, but they have an area that made me think of international when i walked down it, only it was outside of Islands of Advenure, but u had to pay the parks parking and go thru the metal detectors to get in, and when the park closed, nearly half of everyone who was inside went to one of the variety of restaraunts they had to offer, and if my memory serves, they had two seperate cinemas, wich had lines to buy tickets, much like the ones i waited in for the rides.

If Kings Island did this they could make a tun of money from businesses buying property, they could move the ticket gates back to where u would take a path to go to an area of the park, maybe build an overpass walking bridge by the ticket area from Action Zone to kiddie land to connect the park again, and the way all the shops on the Action Zones side are conneced, they could have ppl who have paid park admission stamped at this door and they can go in and out as they please through any gates

But as you said Mason is not Orlando. Mason does not have near as many tourists as Orlando. Not to mention parks like IOA, USO, and WDW can stay open year round. If they did try to develop some attractions around the park there would be little benefit to the businesses after the park closes for the season.

I am not saying it is a bad idea for the park, it would be hard to get businesses to bite on the idea.

Downtown Cincinnati is all but dead. The locals from around the 275 loop would jump at the idea of having a one stop restaurant, shopping location (with a few rides tossed in) provided it has unique stores and foods.....and isn't a mall. Maybe they are trying to become a vacation destination with everything rolled into one ball.

I think Jeff may have alluded to this last year at the BB walkback. He hinted, jokingly, that the next thing would be to keep the park open all year round. Shortly thereafter there was a survey that asked questions like:

Would you ride The Beast in the winter?

Would you ride the (indoor rides) if the park was open year round

etc.

It might have been directly geared towards Winterfest, but who really knows what they have in store.

Jeff gives you hints when he talks....he's a master at leading you the opposite way to protect the parks ideas while telling you a little bit of true park info.