Scream Like a Banshee

JAHill

Hello there,

I haven't been around KIC for a good while now, but that doesn't mean I still don't keep up with the park. Kings Island is a place I've known very well for a good portion of my life thus far, so needless to say, I was excited as pretty much everyone else when Banshee opened to the public this past weekend. As a final project in my digital field production course for class, I was prompted to create a short documentary. And at this point in the year, why not create a short documentary about Banshee? I would like to share it with everyone here.

It's titled "Scream Like a Banshee". It’s not perfect by any means, but I think it effectively demonstrates the pride behind the ride and the excitement for its opening. If you like it, if you don’t mind sharing it, that’d be great. Thank you to everyone involved in making it.

YouTube Link:

Enjoy the video, and here's to a great 2014 operating season!

• Like 25

Jordan,

I saw this a little while ago as Avatar linked this on Facebook. Absolutely impressive- I thoroughly enjoyed the video.

And you took the video with a T4i...wow! I've been looking at DSLR's for awhile. May have to splurge here soon.

A week in Georgia with buddies and a day with Bart Kinzel and the Flying Eagles comes first money wise! Saving those nickels!

• Like 7

I agree with the shots towards the end of the sunrise is stunning. my favorite is the one with the flame as there is tons of metal everywhere, really creepy in a good way. I also like how the camera did move during several of the shots it really added dimension. Impressed!

• Like 4

Hello there,

I haven't been around KIC for a good while now, but that doesn't mean I still don't keep up with the park. Kings Island is a place I've known very well for a good portion of my life thus far, so needless to say, I was excited as pretty much everyone else when Banshee opened to the public this past weekend. As a final project in my digital field production course for class, I was prompted to create a short documentary. And at this point in the year, why not create a short documentary about Banshee? I would like to share it with everyone here.

It's titled "Scream Like a Banshee". It’s not perfect by any means, but I think it effectively demonstrates the pride behind the ride and the excitement for its opening. If you like it, if you don’t mind sharing it, that’d be great. Thank you to everyone involved in making it.

YouTube Link:

Enjoy the video, and here's to a great 2014 operating season!

Very nice documentary!!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the comments! Again, it's far from perfect, but I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out.

Your comments mean a lot. They keep me going when certain goals seem difficult or otherwise unattainable. Discouragement doesn't last long when I read these. I really, really do appreciate them.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...