stashua123's Trip Reports for 2014 Thread

stashua123

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late trip report but here!

April 25th, 2014

So today was the first time I had been to KI since KIC Day, September 8th, 2013. I left at around 3:30 P.M due to my brother being slow to get to his car. I got their at around 3:50 P.M and we left the car to go to the front gate. I really love the new look and feel to the front gate. I also love how there are no more turnstiles blocking the way. Our first ride was Diamondback. I got on one of the first trains of the day on DB and was very surprised to hear that Diamondback had seatbelts now. I adjusted quickly to the change though. The seatbelts were very lose and non retractable so it sort of felt extremely unnecessary. The ride itself was very good and was not as rattly as the time I rode it last. 9.5/10. Me and my brother Jake then got on The Beast which had absolutely no wait. I then got on and we where off. I have to admit, the first part of the ride from the first turn to the brakeshed was ALOT slower than the last time on it. However the rest of the ride was faster and smoother. 9.6/10. Me and Jacob went on The Racer next. I rode on Blue and its a very good ride. There are trims on the turnaround but they do not grab as much as Red Racer's trim on the turnaround does so we won! After Racer we went on Banshee. Me and Jacob only waited 10 minutes to ride it and it was awesome. The ride never lets up! Also it took me two minutes to get clear headed again due to how intense it was but it was very re-ridable. 9.8/10. After this me and Jacob left KI to get a bite to eat since the food prices are a lot more expensive this year than recent memory. We went to McDonald's and went back to the park to eat in the car. Jacob then left the car on accelerator, locked it, and closed the door....with the key still in it! Jake called everyone but they said to go to security. Since my bros car is a 2000 Toyota Corolla with everything manual, windows, locks, trunk it was a bad situation. So we went to guest services signed paperwork and security was their in 5 minutes at our car. They air pumped the door and opened it CIA style. We where so glad that this happened at a theme park and not a Gas station or something like that. So me and Jake entered the park again and rode The Bat. The Bat was very cool and even though it looked the same it sure was faster, smoother and squeakier due to the new wheels. 8.7/10. After getting on The Bat, we got on Vortex. Vortex was a lot more intense than last year but also a little rougher. But since I am about 6 '1 I did not get headbanging. My brother Jacob did not ride it since he was 6'5 and it would be very uncomfortable for him to ride it. 8.0/10. We then went on the Eiffel Tower took great pictures and went back down. At this moment I wanted to ride Banshee at night so I left Jake defiantly. But I changed my mind and went to the parking lot to see my brother leave! But he was just finding a better spot and after running frantically to get him I finally got to him. So after that we left at around 8:45 P.M It was a great visit and a very great day! 9.6/10 I still have only one con from the trip and that is how expensive everything is this year. Everything is at least a dollar or more expensive than it was last year. Have a great day and thanks for reading.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

July 22nd, 2014

This trip has a two differences than the last times I have been here

1. Only brought three dollars with me

2. First time at Kings Island by myself.

Now you know these differences I will now start the report.

So I got dropped off at Kings Island at 10:30 A.M and entered the park. This was the first time I had been to Kings Island in about a month. So as per usual my first ride was Diamondback. The line was only 5 minutes long. The operations while they where stacking at first have greatly improved since the last time I was their. It seems they have gotten used to the seatbelts. The ride was amazing as usual with lots of airtime. 9.8/10. After this I walked backed to The Beast. I noticed they had gotten the frame done for the new haunt building(IMO its a disappointment) and that the line was a one train wait. I got 2-1. The ride was great and smooth but with a little bit of wooden roughness added in. Great ride. 10/10. After The Beast I checked the line for BLSC. Way to long so I headed to Vortex. I saw Shake Rattle & Roll disassembled and took a picture of it.I love that ride and would hate to see it go. Then I was taking a picture of WindSeeker when my Sony Cybershot slipped out of my hands and fell onto the pathway. The lens was now stuck and I was unable to take anymore pictures :( . I then walked on to Vortex 7-2. Vortex was very rough back there and also had great airtime in the back. 7.0/10. I saw WindSeeker was closed so I headed down to Racer. At this point the park was getting very crowded, even more so than usual that made it feel like a Friday. Racer was a 25 minute wait because they where only running one side. Right when I got to the station they opened up Red and I got on the first train of the day! However Red Racer was rough and jackhammering must have chosen the wrong seat. 6.5/10. Next I got on Adventure Express which was a 10 minute wait. It was a good ride even though some of the effects where not working. 7.5/10. I then got to Action Zone and at this point I was becoming very exhausted and hot. I checked Congo Falls. It was down. I checked The Bat's line and I geusstimate it was around 25-30 minutes so I made a very very long trek to White Water Canyon from the edge of Action Zone to the Backwoods of Rivertown due to me being very hot and exhausted. White Water Canyon had a 10 minute wait but it was worth it. I got sort of drenched but not as much as the other people in my raft and it cooled me down. 8.5/10. I then went on Race For Your Life Charlie Brown(Or short Log Flume). It had a 10 minute wait also. It was a good ride an I got a little bit wet from it. 7.5/10. I then exchanged my quarters for dollars at the Diamondback Gift Shop and went to ride the Grand Carousel. The restored Wultzer Band Organ sounded great and the ride was great only if I was not sitting next to troublemakers. One guy was just standing on the Carousel floor and hanging on the the horse. <_< .8.0/10. I then bought a locker for two hours and tried to get on Banshee but it was down but testing. So to pass time I went to Congo Falls with a 10 minute wait! :blink:

I witnessed another weird thing when some young black girl line jumped to (I geuss) her older sister since she needed to change into her swimsuit right in front of me. I did not say anything but a 40-50 something woman in line started a fight with the young black girl and older sister. She yelled at those black girls and they yelled back then she yelled to me and said Sir these two line jumped. I did not want to say anything because it was none of my business and I would be the bad guy in either situation. Employees handled it just fine but the fight had a bunch of cuss words I wish not repeat here. She was held up at line until her younger sister came and I got onto the ride. Since the boat was completely full the ride splashed a lot more than usual and I got drenched. 8.0/10. After Congo Falls I saw Banshee had reopened and also since the line was short I got on. The ride was awesome. 10/10. I then said to myself "Since I have my stuff in my locker why dont I ride Firehawk. I walked all the way to their and saw the line was at least 90-120 minutes so I decided against it and went to the Zephyr. The ride was cool. 7.5/10. I went on line checking mode and most of the rides had long lines except Banshee. So I rode Banshee two times in a row with a five minute wait. I rode in the front and the back row and it was awesome! 10/10. After this I chose my last ride of the day would be The Bat so I got my stuff out of the locker and rode The Bat. It was a great ride. 8.0/10. I then left Kings Island at 4:00 P.M. It was a great day at KI and I wish to come back very soon. 9.8/10.

things i noticed

KI was more busy than usual

Operations where not good at first but got better.

Should have brought my swim trunks.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 2