Giant noodle at the park this weekend

jcgoble3

From Kings Island's Facebook page:

1622281_10152737302233368_71384529357804

A giant yellow macaroni noodle sculpture has landed by the Eiffel Tower at Kings Island. The noodle, emblazoned with the Kraft macaroni and cheese slogan, You know you love it, is made of fiberglass and measures 20 feet long, nine feet high and weighs 2,000 pounds. Have your camera ready to snap a selfie in front of the big noodle this Friday (4:00-10:00pm) and Saturday (10:00am-10:00pm).

My only response: ...why?

• Like 13

I'm never quite sure about why so many people are surprised when Kings Island brings in things that are "commercialized" from other companies. This is actually very nostalgic and closely mirrors how Kings Island started out...take a look through this 1974 brochure and count how many things are brought in from outside entities: http://KICentral.com/history/photos/thumbnails.php?album=8

• Like 10

Waste of money.

A waste of who's money?

KI's? Because I highly doubt they paid anything to bring it to the park.

Kraft's? Because I think it's a good, unique way to promote their brand, much like the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile as silver2005 said above.

Now I want hot dogs and mac & cheese for dinner... Hey, I guess it worked as intended!

• Like 16

Would be awesome if a prize was given away this weekend. One random winner at #kingsmacncheese gets a year supply of Kraft Mac n Cheese.

On break I saw this and I went over and asked my Macaroni & Cheese guy about it; he said "Well, dang, I should have gotten my picture taken with it!"

EDIT - I see it's this weekend. He'll be happy. :lol:

Is a Macaroni and Cheese guy your company version of the Dippin' Dots guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Id much rather have this than having Kraft Mac n' Cheese, Snickers, Coca-Cola and other products all over the coaster trains in the park like Six Flags. I think its a very creative way to advertise. Think of how many people are going to take pictures of it and with it. Great move by Kraft and Kings Island in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I can't believe this is a thread, who cares about the big yellow noodle.

You might as well believe it, I'm sure it's really there. And as for who cares? KI's Accountants, and Krafts PR department. It helps the park make some extra cash, that deflects costs being sent to the consumer. At that point, I care to, wheel in the Weinermobile next to it and call it lunch land !!

• Like 9

I hope he will bust through a wall and say "OH Yea!"....wait wrong huge walking ad.

Same company, though. ;)

Is a Macaroni and Cheese guy your company version of the Dippin' Dots guy?

LOL! He's also our Stuffing guy, so if I referred to him as the Stuffing guy, maybe it would be our version of good ol' DDG!

• Like 4

You could say the park is Krafting up something cheesy! :D

Almost as bad as the "Knott" fiasco several days ago! :lol:

Theme park puns are Knott Berry funny, and frankly, I don't Cedar Point. I don't think anyone would make any such puns (Perhaps Kennywood, but I don't really Carowinds)

• Like 19