Giant noodle at the park this weekend

jcgoble3

You could say the park is Krafting up something cheesy! :D

Almost as bad as the "Knott" fiasco several days ago! :lol:

Theme park puns are Knott Berry funny, and frankly, I don't Cedar Point. I don't think anyone would make any such puns (Perhaps Kennywood, but I don't really Carowinds)

This is awesomely hilarious! :D

• Like 6

Because it baffles my mind that they're going to let that... thing sit on the midway for three months. I know I'm going to get tired of looking at that gaudy thing before too long. Hell, I may be tired of looking at it by the time I leave tomorrow. At that point, it becomes an eyesore.

JC please keep in mind that enthusiast especially KI enthusiast are a small minority to the overall attendance over the season. I agree I may tire in seeing it sitting in front of the tower long before the once a year guest has an opportunity to see it and those are the people they are trying to reach out to. It may be more than marketing and I don't know anything but it could be about food contracts.

I wish International Street got a big make over one of these years, basically redo the front gate, side buildings to house more restaurants, specialty shops but keep the Royal Fountains in place but with a much needed make over of water feature and lights. I know it is me but I wish at minimum that half the trees get removed.

• Like 9

Forget Tower Drinks, let's get a group photo in front of the giant noodle. :)

KI has had various nods to sponsors over the years. Allowing Kraft Foods to install a temporary sculpture is a lot more tasteful than most forms of advertising, in my opinion at least.

• Like 14

Also keep in mind that there was a certain target market in mind while deciding to place this noodle. While the target market in mind could be a very broad and wide range of people, it is always there.

This large noodle will bring in revenue for both Kings Island and Kraft, which is the point of placing it in the park.

• Like 3

Ahhh come on I wanted a spaghetti coaster with meatball trains and track made out of noodles lol. Don't see an issue except great advertisement for Kraft Mac n Cheese, just like the cars and lawn equipment we see from time to time. Wasn't there above ground pools advertisement set up by The Beast years ago

• Like 4

Just walking past it will probably be more than enough for me.

Then don't look at it.

Is it something really pretty? No. Is it ugly? No. Is it generating revenue? I'd assume yes.

The thing that bothers me most is taking a picture of the fountains and Tower will include this. Still, not a big deal.

• Like 5

This thread just gave me a great idea, take the kids to KI tomorrow night, cookout some brats and Kraft Velveeta Mac N Cheese Saturday afternoon. I haven't even seen the Noodle yet, but thanks to your posts it seems to be working. " Honey, will you take a picture of me and the kids with our favorite Noodle".. :D Say Cheese!

• Like 9

JULY THIRTY-FIRST?!?!?

I can understand one or two weekends. But three full months?! Sheesh.

Either Kings Island or Kraft has lost their minds here. I'm not sure which. Maybe both.

I don't know... I'm starting to not be able to imagine a Kings Island without a giant noodle now...
  • Like 13

Yes, I have had and even baked several styles of mac n chz, and I usually dump shredded sharp or whatever cheddar is in our fridge in with it as well. It's hard to go wrong with any Mac n Chz.

Just don't ever buy the Maruchan Cheddar Cheese Instant Lunch. The only way I can describe the taste is "Dorito Soup".

• Like 1

Actually, I like it. The shape and color and font tells you what you need to know. That's great advertising, and it's in an amusement park, where there are big-headed toony children and dogs that consistently walk on their hind legs. I see nothing wrong with this at all, in fact, for a giant, cheesy macaroni, I think it's tastefully done.

Edit to add: after reading the dimensions of it, I MUST get a picture of it, with an average joe for size scale. It's orca sized.

• Like 6

JULY THIRTY-FIRST?!?!?

I can understand one or two weekends. But three full months?! Sheesh.

Either Kings Island or Kraft has lost their minds here. I'm not sure which. Maybe both.

Well, it seems like someone doesn't want to be touched by his noodly appendage.

It's a large noodle where I usually just pass by, do I care? No, in fact I find it quite amusing to be frank. (pun intended) Just keep calm and carry on, hey for alls that we know, you could turn out to like it!

• Like 1