Tique's re-opening in Nick Central in 2006?

Screwball

Just read the following on Screamscape.

2006 - Nick Central Expansion - Rumor - (8/18/04) In the wake of the news that the Antique Cars were being removed from PKI for the Italian Job we’ve now heard a rumor that the cars may return in a new location in Nick Central as a possible expansion of that area in 2006. If the cars return, they could be given a new Nick Toons theme and called the NickToons ToonPike

I don't think I've heard this rumour anywhere on PKIU yet, and it seems like a good idea for the Tique's. With some fresh theming, and some themed attractions around the track it would be a sure fire hit for kids and familes alike. It also hints that Nick Central may get a whole another area, and that could include more rides beyond the Tique's.

Good grief!

All this got started when I said on another board that I could forsee PKI possibly re-installing the 'tiques in a future season, possibly with a Nick theme. The rumor mongers took it from there.

It is all moot at this point. Don't count on it.

Shaggy

You also said the same exact thing about the Anitque Cars removal too. Besides, rumors are supposed to be fun speculation and you're trying to take all the fun out of it. You also make the assumption that this all started because of what you said. I guess you think you were the only one that thought that they might be relocated somewhere else. Wrong, it was part of the speculation that went along with the removal. Get over yourself. Ok, so now I guess it is time to get rid of the rumors section since this is obviously frowned upon.

"You also said the same exact thing about the Anitque Cars removal too."

What I said about the Antiques was simply that people needed to ride them prior to mid season. It was good advice, no? Also what I said about Antiques, as well as any rumor, is that they are simply rumor until the park announces something officially.

"Besides, rumors are supposed to be fun speculation and you're trying to take all the fun out of it."

No, I am trying to prevent assumptions that consistantly get made about PKI. Too many times I have seen rumors about the park taken as gospel, then those persons that believe them later complain on boards about the park not installing what they "promised."

Sure speculating is fun, but it has to be presented as such. Statements such as your post "From what I have heard, Antique Cars will become Nickelodeon Toonpike" lead folks to believe that it is set in stone.

You also make the assumption that this all started because of what you said.

It did.

I guess you think you were the only one that thought that they might be relocated somewhere else.

No, of course not. But it's funny how posts appeared on this and other PKI boards only minutes after I made my post about possibilities.

Get over yourself.

Tough talk, but can you back up your insults? I can, but then I don't insult people.

Ok, so now I guess it is time to get rid of the rumors section since this is obviously frowned upon.

But this rumor is not being regulated to the rumors section. You have already been posting this as semi-fact in other forums...

You seem awfully sensitive about all of this. Could you possibly be the one that submitted the rumor to Screamscape? Maybe, maybe not.... Eh, it's moot anyway.

Shaggy... conversation.... done....

Shaggy I was the one who took what you said abou the cars being removed and made it gospel pretty quick. Course I had other infromants backing me up on it when i did so. Plus you were wrong its the end of "full seaon" we will be in "post season in a week or so"

This thread definately took the wrong direction, not what I intended at all.

Regardless of where it came from, whose opinion it is, whether it has a shred of truth or not, it's a rumour. Let's just have some fun, and enjoy the rumour mongering.

Half the fun is trying to predict what will happen in the future. 95% of the time rumours are wrong, but it's still fun to discuss regardless.

With IJST going in for 2005, I wouldn't be surprised to see another movie/TV-esk installation for next year; maybe a Star Trek-themed ride or experience for 2006. Mission: Space seems to be a big hit at Epcot; I think if PKI put in some type of an "experience" ride like this (though high in cost), attendance figures could expedite to a notable level.

With IJST going in for 2005, I wouldn't be surprised to see another movie/TV-esk installation for next year; maybe a Star Trek-themed ride or experience for 2006. Mission: Space seems to be a big hit at Epcot; I think if PKI put in some type of an "experience" ride like this (though high in cost), attendance figures could expedite to a notable level.

Though I doubt we'll see anything of that sort in 2006, I think we could definetly see a Mission Space like ride somewhere in PKI's future, since Disney didn't actually come up with the idea for the ride system or manufacture it, they just worked with the company to produce the visual and audio aspects of the ride, and time the movements. Also Mission Space costs alot because of the theming, post show, use of (can't remember his name)for the preshow and ride, and the fact that for capacity reasons they purchased, I believe, 3 of these wonderful little machines. I'm not sure though, since the ride is split into 3 actual ride areas, each designated by a team color, I would assume this would mean there are 3 actual rides, but each team could have more than one ride, I only got to ride it once, and didn't pay too much attention in the ride bay(which wasn't themed whatsoever, as I remember). But anyways, yeah, if PKI only purchased one of them, they could probably afford it, especially if several Paramount Parks put them in simultaneously. They would probably work well with a Star Trek theme. But in 2006 it'll probably be a Nick Central expansion, with the Meet & Greet being demolished and that area and possibly part of the Picnic Grove being used for Nick rides. It seems to me that there are quite a few Nick Central rides that other Paramount Parks have that we don't, such as the NickToon Pike and Spongebob's Boatmobiles. I'd personally rather see the Tiques return with a non-kiddy theme though, like Sleepy Hollow or something, but since it's mostly kids that ride Tiques anyways maybe Nick is best.

• 2 weeks later...