LoraX 2014 trip reports

LoraX

I was going to do a full report, but so many people have done that. Hope you enjoy this regardless.

First off, I so appreciate Kings Island opening up Media Day to enthusiasts. I can say this was an amazing experience.

gadujypa.jpg

Despite how cold it was, it was truly a great event.

She's a beauty!

8ydujahu.jpg

Love the sign.

. u9apu3a2.jpg

I also appreciate being able to participate in the Scream For A Kid Again fundraiser. I am very thankful that my friends Amber and KK can reap the benefits of a wonderful organization.

6u3eru2y.jpg

Photo was taken at the event. According to the information it was from EasleyBlessed.com

I know there are others from this site who participated in this event and I wish we could have all met that night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

There is one thing that just becomes more obvious, people do not understand enthusiasts. People do not understand how we can go to Kings Island so frequently. They don't understand why it could continue to be fun year after year and visit after visit.

It's a happy place. It's a place to make friends. It's a place that bridges all sorts of gaps from age to financial status and more. I never would have thought some of the people I have as friends would be 20 years or more younger than me.

People I've known a short time have quickly become friends and some more like family.

It builds stronger relationships with parents and children (and their children's friends.) I can hang out with my daughter and know what she's doing and we have fun.

Here's a few pics of some wonderful friends.

qe8apavu.jpg

uzy6yzaj.jpg

This is my friend Tonya, her husband Paul and the miracle baby Liam. Last time I had seen Tonya was October 2011. She was slow moving and not feeling well. Long story short - she was 37 weeks pregnant. Surprise!

T had been told since she was 16, she'd never have a baby. Due to excessive circumstances and serious health related issues she never should have never been able to have a baby. Liam is a miracle. Opening day was the first time I was able to see Liam in person.

8uqyzupe.jpg

ujaququt.jpg

uturymeq.jpg

9u6ebery.jpg

ebyqejym.jpg

aruqu8y5.jpg

ynynuse9.jpg

ruva3ubu.jpg

• Like 9

Yes, I honestly think that if it were not for KIC and meeting people on here and making new friends, I may not have a season pass this year. I tend to go through phases, and this is about the longest I have ever stuck with a particular pastime.

uturymeq.jpg

As usual, my mouth is hanging open. *sigh* :P

jcgoble3, wondering if there even exists anywhere on this planet a picture of himself with his mouth closed

• Like 2

I will try to get a pic of you with your pie hole shut.

Devan, it's always fun hanging out with you. You have no idea how much my daughter adores you. You treat her just like her own brother does and that is a great thing. She's going to miss you once you move.

• Like 5

darn I'm hot bahahaha :P

It was an absolute blast hanging out with y'all that weekend. Dunno which was better, Media Day or..DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN

Devan you are such a big brother!! You are so "mean" to me!! And just so you know it's spelled wrong, it's Dillon. :P But both days were fun, I wouldn't trade any of the times we gotten to spend together, you are like a big brother to me too, I'll miss you when you're gone.

• Like 5

Wish I wasn't such an introvert when it comes to meeting new people :(

Based off the pictures I recognized many of you on Media Day but failed at introducing myself. Heck, pretty sure I waited in line with LoraX at one point in the morning. Trust me....I'm not a douchbag (IMO) for not speaking just terribly backwards in those type of situations.

So please, if any of you see me at the park come up and introduce yourself.

• Like 5

I'm talking about a picture of me with my upper lip and lower lip touching. :)

Ok, then, here's one: http://belle.zzxc.net/fun/anderson-goble.jpg
Allow me to clarify further: I'm talking about a candid photo. Not a posed shot where I'm clearly unhappy to be in the picture. :P:)

How could you be upset next to YoungStud?!

It sounds like you had an amazing time Laura! I look forward to more PTRs by you!

Thanks for posting!

• Like 2

Thank you BB1.

Just a brief report. With the park opening late, I was hoping for light crowds which is exactly what we got! It was another awesome trip. It's been such a great way to shake off the off season by having a lot of rides in pretty quickly to kick off the 2014 season.

This is technically my 5th time in the park since opening day. Media Day, Scream For A Kid Again (same day, completely separate event several hours apart), opening day, Easter and today. Every new season should start this way!

We (the chickens, UnrealNightmare and I) arrived at the park we headed to Banshee.

This ride is wonderful and beautiful from every angle.

asera7uv.jpg

I wondered who all would be at Kings Island today. First person was Manis Man and his wife in line for Banshee. They walked with us to Diamondback. On the way we stopped and took a pic of the orange noodle.

yqyvetug.jpg

I had it set in my head it would be between Royal Fountain and the Eiffel Tower, but it's not. It faces Planet Snoopy.

We go to Diamondback and they have installed the seatbelts.

qavazyda.jpg

My Glamor Shot model Zach demonstrating how long the seatbelts are.

y9e3azum.jpg

Just to help a bit, when getting buckled in properly, the belt needs to go like this:

ega5ujy5.jpg

(Thank you random kid who thought I was weird for taking the pic but said ok.)

The belts do night tighten up. They are stretchy and retract. Aside from taking more time to get secured in the seat, I did not notice any change in airtime or thrill of the ride. The belts are at least 3 feet long if pulled out completely.

Malem and JCGoble were in the park and we met up with them at the exit of The Bat. Dee and I are determined to get them warmed up to hugs. However, these are hilariously awkward:

ry8e6y3a.jpg

vu8era4e.jpg

We were able to get a free sample of the funnel cake with maple and bacon. Dee and I loved it, some felt it was too sweet.

4u7y2eve.jpg

The longest line in the park was at Starbucks. We waited and watched people.

So happy they made the trip down to hang out with us! Thank you for bringing me a jacket!

myrubu4y.jpg

I think I have lost track of the rides I have rode this season already. Tonight I was very happy to get to ride Firehawk. It's one ride I really won't wait too long to ride. Very happy Zach and I got front row on it since I've never rode front row. Also had two rides on FoF. Beast twice, Diamondback twice, Racer once, Adventure Express twice - thanks to Skylar for suggesting a night ride on it. I forgot how great that ride is at night, plus it was great seeing the textured lighting on Banshee.

Final ride of the night was Banshee at night. It's pretty sweet seeing the fireworks upside down. We also ran into Duncan and Matt (I forget your name on here) he will hopefully post his experience on Banshee - he's super excited about it!

• Like 8

I want to go today. I wish I could. You should see the blister on my foot though. Ouchy!

I did not mention from the Media Day portion of my report that we had arrived at our hotel Wednesday night. We went over to the park to make sure our passes worked. While we were there, Devan asked if we all had our ID's. My daughter left hers at home. This made us travel from Mason, home and back to Mason. Thank you Rick for driving us without complaining and to Devan for mentioning it. Dee even patiently waited to dig into my birthday cake until we got back.

During the trip to get her ID, Katie read I think 200 pages of a book. I am happy she loves to read, but reading in the hotel would have worked well. Lol.

• Like 3

Perhaps she can take that as an early lesson to simply carry her ID on her at all times, not just when she thinks she'll need it. When she becomes an adult, she'll need it all the time because you never know when you'll have to show it (credit card purchase, check purchase, traffic stop, etc.). Now would be a good time to start getting into the habit of always carrying ID. :)

• Like 1