LoraX 2014 trip reports

LoraX

I have a few things to he caught up on.

May 3, 2014 my daughter was in Shrek the Musical. Thank you to Melanie (momofbeastie1980) for meeting me in Richmond so we could take Melissa to see Shrek!

I love you Katie and Melissa, but these are necessary.

6yme4e6y.jpg

7ube4a5u.jpg

bejehusy.jpg

gy8y3ahe.jpg

Thank you to some KICers that came to see Shrek. It truly means so much to me that you all came to support my daughter. We could not ask for a better group of people to call friends, but so much more like family.

de7e5evy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

^Like I said before: glad you had fun seeing Shrek. :)

Had I not had my performances of Beauty & The Beast that same weekend (and known more about Shrek as well) I may have thought of seeing it.

LoraX, I don't want to sound like I'm nagging or anything, but whenever you bring up the topic of Shrek, I keep holding on to the thought "I wish some KICers had come to see my show..." But I know they're both over now, so I should just let the thought go.

Carry on...:)

May 4, 2014

Long story short, Shrek ended at 10:00 or so. Katie had to do tear down. Zach, Melissa and I ate a late dinner at Taco Bell then dropped off food to Katie at school.

The plan was to go to Kings Island the next morning. We drop Zach off at Dee and Rick's for the night. Melissa and I went on a little tour if Greenfield including the Armed Forces Memorial. I will eventually get pics of this place.

We then went back to wait at Katie's school and waited for Katie to finish. We waited and waited and waited. Katie came out to the car after 2:00 in the morning.

One wonderful thing that happened was Melissa and I talked the entire time. I know people say teens are difficult to talk to. However, I think adults just fail to talk and ask questions that engage them enough to talk.

We get up to go to Kings Island at 7:00 I think. We go pick up my friend Diane then head to the Chickens house to pick up Zach. Our plan was to follow them out to Kings Island. However, if you do not know this - we have yet to do anything without something going off course. It's almost comical to me.

The Wednesday before Media Day Rick had to drive us back to Greenfield to get Katie's ID.

On May 4, Rick forgot his wallet at home (we were not far from their house). Then we lost them because they forgot the tickets for Dee's grand kids.

We meet up with Devan, Lindzey and Lindzey's friend Emily. Devan bought 6 rides on Xtreme Skyflyer. The first trip was Devan, Lindzey and Emily. I tried to video tape it, but unfortunately I must have hit stop. I was able to get pics.

y6asubav.jpg

Melanie, Malem, Lucas showed up and several others throughout the day. This was to celebrate Melissa's birthday.

Our 1 hour 45 minute dinner at Reds Hall of Fame Grille.

Melissa drew My Little Pony drawings on most of the party hats.

synu8e7y.jpg

jemunepa.jpg

The natives get a bit restless.

ybezudyj.jpg

5egava8a.jpg

a7uta6yh.jpg

I want to say a huge thank you to the guys (specifically the males in the group). Thank you all for being so willing wear the party hats. It may seem like nothing to some and silly to others, but it made Melissa very happy. It's not as difficult to get gals to do something like this - thank you all too.

• Like 6

I have only done a few videos so maybe I should look into doing a few. I will have to think about that. :). Thanks to you and OhioColt for putting that thought in my head.

• Like 2

Friday May 9, 2014.

I left work at 11:00, picked up Zach and Katie and headed to the park. Our plan was to get there early enough to see the Gabriel Taylor statue unveiling, but we did not get there until 2:15.

I had the privilege of meeting Gabriel's mom. My heart broke for her. I cannot imagine losing a child. I would think this statue would be a mix of joy and sadness and all kinds of emotions. I hugged her because where words fail, hugs fit.

eba2uja5.jpg

eguma9y5.jpg

We also had the privilege to meet and speak with the artist Gavin Bruce. What a really nice man. I had emailed him to make sure he was going to be at the unveiling because Katie is really into sculpting. He said he would be and would gladly meet her.

When we were talking to him, he told her about the process of how he made the statue. He gave her suggestions of things to learn like welding to help open different techniques. He even gave her his business card so she could ask questions because he knew she was put on the spot.

I really appreciate him taking the time to talk to her.

We ran into several KICers at the park. So I do not offend someone by forgetting them I won't name names. :)

Zach, Katie and I marathoned Banshee. I ended up with 12 rides on Banshee, 3 of which were front row.

We left the park and had lunch at Taco Bell and met up with Melanie and Melissa. I love that they will drive down to meet us! Even if it rained or stormed. We were going to meet just to hang out.

I know people suggest I password protect my phone. However I would miss shots like these

qyve5uda.jpg

5ama6e7y.jpg

A few KICers saving a road from being stomped.

atu4y2eg.jpg

New Bat logo on trains looks sharp!

9ubagu5a.jpg

azehy7eq.jpg

• Like 5

Nice TR, once again! Judging by those photos, everyone looks to be having a good time!

Seriously, there has to be a time where I can meet with the group as well! I have not been with a KIC group since Media Day, so it's long overdue! :D

My mom and I are thinking of heading to the park on the evening of the 16th. Hope we all can meet together then! :)

• Like 2

^Like I said before: glad you had fun seeing Shrek. :)

Had I not had my performances of Beauty & The Beast that same weekend (and known more about Shrek as well) I may have thought of seeing it.

LoraX, I don't want to sound like I'm nagging or anything, but whenever you bring up the topic of Shrek, I keep holding on to the thought "I wish some KICers had come to see my show..." But I know they're both over now, so I should just let the thought go.

Carry on...:)

Are you going to be in another play or musical any time soon? If so, please post and we will do our best to go. We (my daughter Katie and I) really enjoy seeing plays and musicals. I know we are planning to see Tarzan June 7 in the Dayton area that beastie1980 is in. We wanted to go see Wizard of Oz a month or so ago near Cincinnati that Gator was in, but we had plans to help my mom.

• Like 1

It's June 6, 7 and 8th at 7:00. It's at Van Buren Middle School in Kettering. Tickets are $10 adults and $7 for children (not sure age for the children).

Beastie1980 should be there on the 16th too later in the evening after practice. She will bring a card for you with the information on it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We made it to the park today around 10:15. It's been a bit more crowded than the past few years during the week.

I was wrong, it's my sons first visit since 2007. He loved Banshee, but not a huge fan of Diamondback. More later.

anu5yret.jpg

• Like 6

May 23, 2014 Kings Island trip.

Katie, Zach and I left Greenfield after Katie got out of school. Drove over and picked up Lucas for a few hours at Kings Island. We mainly went so we could pick up Melissa so she could go to Indiana Beach with us on Saturday. The Park was packed.

Lucas, Katie and I had the opportunity to see the sneak peak of the new Kings Island show "Cirque Imagine". I really like the show. It brings the variety I think Kings Island really needs. (I have to admit I still miss Ed Alonzo!) I can say I am very happy with the show. I don't want to spoil too much of the show, but there is some humor, athleticism and sheer talent.

dy5a9upu.jpg

I really liked the set design. Kudos to the crew for making set changes so quick and flawless.

e8eme2uh.jpg

u7aze9a5.jpg

We met up with Melanie, Melissa and Zach and headed to The Bat. y4emy2e9.jpg

Apparently a stuffed animal met it's demise along the exit to The Bat. If you weren't aware, you cannot take us any where without us acting a little silly.

u8utabu4.jpg

atase8up.jpg

We then headed to Banshee. I love this ride still. I am at 50+ rides and have yet to have a bad ride. Banshee was down for a little bit, but we ran into VortexBBF and her parents. Unfortunately we did not get to hang out too long. As always, it's great seeing you in the park.

I know I have said this before, but I enjoy being around the teens I have met through this site. We have a wonderful group here.

We rode BBOBH then opted to head for Beast and got the last ride for the night.

Got home and watched the mediocre meteor shower until about 4:00 in the morning.

• Like 6

May 24, 2014

Indiana Beach

This was my first trip to Indiana Beach.

7any3uvy.jpg

e9ubure7.jpg

8eve2uda.jpg

First ride was Falling Star. Loved this flat ride. One thing I really enjoyed most about Indiana Beach is the wonderful flats and long cycles.

3ube6ujy.jpg

Steel Hawg was probably my least favorite coaster. Not because the ride is bad, but I do not like the neck rest at all.

aqu2y3yz.jpg

e7udejez.jpg

Air Crow - love it!

arute6e5.jpg

y6ygumez.jpg

pahy9uvy.jpg

Love Cornball Express. My favorite at Indiana Beach.

8u2yzyze.jpg

• Like 4

This is too funny to not share. The Giant Gondola Wheel. Two girls scared on this ride. Haha

bavanutu.jpg

aru2enus.jpg

5u8uge6a.jpg

Last but not least, Melissa and I had just rode Cornball Express and went to meet Katie and Zach at Falling Star. I decided to be a falling (non) star and proved gravity does indeed work at Indiana Beach.

5y6anavy.jpg

• Like 4

It has 5 coasters, 4 of which were running. The Cornball Express was my favorite.

The park is almost like stepping back into the 1950's (not that I was alive in the 1950's) and has many flat rides that I really wish were at Kings Island. I think my favorite is Falling Star and Giant Gondola Wheel.

• Like 1

You should have read my posts asking about IB last week and asked if you could go. You could have also asked if we would be interested in going if you were considering going. :-p

• Like 1

Was not able to get on KIC much last week. Had a person no call no show all week, so was doing the job of 2 people never saw it. Sorry! I wanted to go up there , but did not want to have 2 kids with me and not be able to watch them very easily and not ride with Korbin on anything.

Ya that's when you find a baby sitter and have them do something fun with her like the zoo or something. Nothing wrong with just daddy/son time. When Cody and Katie were both little I had a friend that would go and help me at the park. She liked going to the park but not riding. She'd even keep Katie while I took Cody and her two boys around the park. I have to admit I am happy I don't have to worry about that now.

• Like 3

I really enjoyed it. I think Cornball Express is a great coaster. The others were not terrible though. I love the selection of flats they have though. They were probably my favorite part of it. I wish KI would get a Falling Star type ride.

• Like 2