LoraX 2014 trip reports

LoraX

Probably should start my own topic but I love hijacking LoraX threads :)

Debating on Beach Bend or Indiana Beach later this summer. Incredibly the drive distance is almost exactly the same. Visited IB as a child....never been to BB. Love the thoughts of flats at IB but very intrigue by the woodie at BB.

Thoughts??

• Like 1

I've never been to Beech Bend. I love Indiana Beach. It's tiny and quaint. I would like to visit Beech Bend too. Have to gone to Sticker's Grove? I would really like to go there when it's open this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I always do the second Sunday in October. Last year we had a pretty large group of KICers meet up. Definitely a fun time.

I agree, last time (which was also my first time) at Stricker's was awesome! I plan on going again this year and if I do end up going, I'd like to organize mini-golfing like I did last year :)

• Like 4

I've never been to Beech Bend. I love Indiana Beach. It's tiny and quaint. I would like to visit Beech Bend too. Have to gone to Sticker's Grove? I would really like to go there when it's open this year.

When/If you go to Stricker's make sure to make it known on here that you're going! Stricker's is even closer to my house than Kings Island, and I would happily come by after work to join anyone on this site who wants to go on one of the days they're open.

• Like 3

June 1 - I have zero will power.

We arrived at the park about 5:15 and it was busy, but manageable. Before we got in the front gates, we ran into Melanie and Melissa. Melissa had no idea we were going to be there (it's likely she's the only one who would be shocked about us showing up.)

They tell us that Brad and his son are over by Beast. So while we are in that area, we ride Beast. We only waited about 20 minutes which was not horrible.

We went to BBOBH because my daughters purpose at Kings Island is to beat Zach's score. It's not happened yet.

Once we exited the ride, Andrew met up with us and Brad and his son were going to go home after a ride or two.

The group of us made our way to Cirque Imagine. As the clowns descended to the auditorium, one sat right behind my daughter (who knew where they would drop down so she could get a selfie with one of them - again.)

9atagyte.jpg

Sadly, this young man was injured to some degree and they stopped the show. I hate seeing a performance stopped for any reason. It shows that they really are doing stunts that can really hurt them. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Just a few other shots from the show.

4ubumupe.jpg

qy7epaqu.jpg

8y9ytu7u.jpg

I really enjoy this show.

We rode Banshee, Racer, Dodgem - and then it started to lightening so all rides were shut down.

asuda3yj.jpg

de9uju9u.jpg

yde8e2ev.jpg

tetanyte.jpg

We ended the night by having two back to back rides on Beast and got to see the fireworks from Banshee. For a short visit, it was eventful.

• Like 4