Fast Lane Question

jtmorningview

So I came across a user on a Facebook fanpage for Kings Island saying:

For everyone that goes to Kings Island and buys Fast Lane passes. Don't leave early and try to give them away and be nice because they have undercover cops that try to tell you that your not allowed and will try to arrest you.. what a joke.

Anyone ever hear anything like this? It just sounds odd and doesn't seem legit.

Fast Lane (not Fast Pass) is an exclusive right to faster line access at a Cedar Fair park for the original purchaser. Reusing it by giving it (or selling it), once it has been used or worn, to another is defrauding the park. It really is little different than helping yourself to the cash register, sneaking in the park or shoplifting LaRosa's Pizza. Wrong is wrong.

• Like 7

What I would like to see, is the prices of Season Passes increased and that ridiculous program eliminated. Id be HAPPY to pay $250, even $300 for my CF Platinum Pass to offset the income created by Fast LAME. Many people have said that the Gold and Platinum passes are grossly underpriced for what they provide, and I agree with that statement. Another member of this Forum and I have video taken with his phone, of the separator at Diamondback at approx 6pm EST on opening day, allowing 28... yes 28... Fast Lamers into DBs station after allowing only 6 "lesser" people who paid nothing but their regular admission fee. Until we replace the humans with computer scanners that control the flow of people, it will never be done fairly. Now that Ive gotten that rant off my chest, as Interperter said it is HIGHLY illegal to sell or buy a wristband to or from another individual after its been bought from the park. Its already been prosecuted once, and resulted in very negative consequence.

• Like 10

Qbot is the way to go. It schedules the ride and you can't use it anywhere else until you've either met your scheduled time for your group for the ride you've chosen or you've cancelled your ride time. You can't skip through the park freely cutting to the front of every line at whim as many times as you like.

Last night we waited in a half full queue line for Diamondback for nearly 2 hours while we watched groups of 30+ people parade past us to ride the ride over and over and over...the same people by the way. Not until near the end of the shift did they do a 50/50 from each line. the line for Fastlane backed up beyond the stairs leading down below the lift track at one point.

Over the course of 12 hours we were in the park we rode 5 RIDES.... can't imagine a single day ticket holders experience.

All I know is my experience SUCKED. I WON'T DO ANYMORE FULL DAY WEEKEND VISITS....EVER. I'll just happily do my ERT, (as long as ERT exists) and leave for the day.

• Like 2

All I know is my experience SUCKED. I WON'T DO ANYMORE FULL DAY WEEKEND VISITS....EVER. I'll just happily do my ERT, (as long as ERT exists) and leave for the day.

There should be weekends when it's easy to do a lot more than 5 rides. Yesterday's weather was perfect, and there were extra crowds because of the park being closed today (Sunday). Also, once the waterpark opens, some crowds will head there during the day.

If Fast Lane is significantly increasing the regular wait time, they need to get better with maintaining a good balance. If the Fast Lane queues get too long with a reasonable split, they should either lower the quantity available or (more likely) raise the price for those days.

To their credit, this is only weekend #2.

• Like 1

If the Fast Lane queues get too long with a reasonable split, they should either lower the quantity available or (more likely) raise the price. If they are keeping Fast Lane a walk-on when the regular queue is 2 hours, they need to get better with maintaining a good balance. Fast Lane isn't supposed to significantly affect the regular guest experience.

To their credit, this is only weekend #2.

I'm not completely against Fast Lane, but I definitely think there could be a better way to benefit both the park and the Fast Lane buyers without making us regular schmucks feel like third class citizens.

But, like you said, it's only the second week of operation. Already, I've spent time in certain line queues that properly balanced the two lines, making Fast Lane less of an inconvenience for the rest of us.

I haven't used Fastlane Plus yet this season, but when I do, I prefer Banshee. Sorry, It just popped in my small brain. Having had Fastlane passes in the past, I don't mind it at all anymore, it makes for such an awesome day in the park that I tend to forget how much money I just shelled out. I plan on buying it once this season at either KI or CP for the Fourth of July and I will gladly watch everyone ditch me in the meantime knowing my day is coming!

• Like 1

Hopefully they'll get the issues with Fast Lane worked out soon, or it will only get worse as the season progresses. The easiest way to resolve the issue though is to go through Guest Services - the complaints will go directly to the appropriate people, and they will take note of the fact that they're getting a lot of complaints about a particular issue (I would imagine the park has some way of tracking complaints and look for trends among departments/areas).

Since I live just 30 minutes from the park, I don't see a need for Fast Lane - especially when I can use the money I saved by not buying one to use toward a trip to another park this summer (I still want to get to Holiday World this year, and possibly make a return trip to Camden and/or Beech Bend as well).

• Like 5

Hopefully they'll get the issues with Fast Lane worked out soon, or it will only get worse as the season progresses. The easiest way to resolve the issue though is to go through Guest Services - the complaints will go directly to the appropriate people, and they will take note of the fact that they're getting a lot of complaints about a particular issue (I would imagine the park has some way of tracking complaints and look for trends among departments/areas).

Typically, the park has you fill out a small piece of paperwork that allows you to specify the department, ride, restaurant, etc to which your comments (positive or negative) pertain.

I have filled out those sheets many times, but not always because I have a complaint. If something is done really well that day, I always fill out a comment card. I figure not many people think to comment on the good things, so maybe I can help offset the stream of complaints.

• Like 9

IBEW, raising the price of the season passes is not the way to go. You have to think about the people who have families if 2,3,4 or 5 that get them. No one will pay 500.00 or more for passes if they only go to the 2 Cedar Fair owned parks in Ohio. Some families can barely afford what the parks charge now. The fastlane thing is just extra money for the park.

• Like 6

We rode 9 rides yesterday during our 11 hour stay. The first two rides were during that half-hour for gold pass holders. Regarding Fast Lane passes, in principle, I don't have a problem with them. BUT I think KI should have a standard ratio set across the board as to the number of Fast Lane: Regular Riders. The Beast was pretty good. It seemed like 1 Fast Lane Pass to every 4 Regular Riders. Diamondback was 1:1. Firehawk was "always let FLP go first." Each ride and operator is sooooo different.

• Like 2

Back to topic please. You all will fuss over anything that isn't perfect...

But regarding the original post, has anyone heard stories of people being arrested or questioned by cops because of someone trying to give away Fast Lane to someone else?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

IBEW, raising the price of the season passes is not the way to go. You have to think about the people who have families if 2,3,4 or 5 that get them. No one will pay 500.00 or more for passes if they only go to the 2 Cedar Fair owned parks in Ohio. Some families can barely afford what the parks charge now. The fastlane thing is just extra money for the park.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

How can you reuse the wristband when they have to be broken to be taken off?

I've seen teenagers use what I think was Scotch tape do it right out in broad daylight in front of DB.

• Like 2

How can you reuse the wristband when they have to be broken to be taken off?

I've seen teenagers use what I think was Scotch tape do it right out in broad daylight in front of DB.

I've seen park police in Sandusky use a rather clever method to catch individuals who attempt to steal services. I'm sure that their counterparts at KI are on top of it as well. These topics are usually best to avoid discussing.

Morality aside, how anyone can think that getting a few rides on a roller coaster is worth potentially earning a criminal record is beyond my understanding.

• Like 3

Have not seen it done, but it happens. Hate to say it but increasing season passes would off set the loss of sales from Fast Lane. Disney you pay for the Fast Pass when you buy your ticket. Same at Holiday World your ticket coast includes drinks, sun screen and tubes for the water park.

I have to find it but at one time Disney did give out passes for the boats, monorail, buses. The coast was included in the hotel stay.

• Like 4

Im probably going to catch a lot of flack for this but I don't see it as being that big of a deal to let someone else have your band if you're leaving the park and not charging anything for it. I've stated in another thread I've been to over two hundred concerts. If it is a seated venue I am always front and center. There are times where I'll leave before the headliner and on my way out I'll find someone with a lawn ticket or a seat way up high and let them have my ticket since im leaving. making someone else's day that may not be able to afford or have the ability to do such things.

• Like 8