Fast Lane Question

jtmorningview

There is a huge demand for Fast Lane. It's not going away in the foreseeable future.

Many guests can't choose the day(s) they visit, yet they are willing to pay a huge premium to ensure their timely access to popular attractions. Fast Lane is a reason that some of them visit a Cedar Fair park at all. There's plenty of competition for entertainment dollars.

When properly administered, the regular guest experience shouldn't suffer significantly. In fact, the revenue from Fast Lane is likely to contribute to higher overall ride capacity over time, making up for the impact of re-riders.

Im probably going to catch a lot of flack for this but I don't see it as being that big of a deal to let someone else have your band if you're leaving the park and not charging anything for it. I've stated in another thread I've been to over two hundred concerts. If it is a seated venue I am always front and center. There are times where I'll leave before the headliner and on my way out I'll find someone with a lawn ticket or a seat way up high and let them have my ticket since im leaving. making someone else's day that may not be able to afford or have the ability to do such things.

Fast Lane is a revocable license for one person to use Fast Lane queues for one day. Like park admission tickets, they may only be used by one natural person. Any other use constitutes fraud, which is likely to be prosecuted.

Terms for concert tickets are not the same. You're renting space (a seat, or a spot on the lawn) for the duration of the event. Nevertheless, transferring a (used) venue ticket is almost certainly going to render it void, per the terms listed on the ticket.

(EDIT: To clarify, I am not an expert on law in any way. I'm just trying to offer an explanation of how one ticket is different from another type of ticket. If I'm wrong, by all means correct me.)

• Like 4

How can you reuse the wristband when they have to be broken to be taken off?

I've seen teenagers use what I think was Scotch tape do it right out in broad daylight in front of DB.

These topics are usually best to avoid discussing.

Why? You don't watch your nightly news much, do you? Nobody said it was the right thing to do, and I've seen teenagers do much,much worse, still doesn't make it right. Your not a lawyer, you just play one on T.V? Scratch that, on this forum?

• Like 4

Why? You don't watch your nightly news much, do you? Nobody said it was the right thing to do, and I've seen teenagers do much,much worse, still doesn't make it right.

Unfortunately, some people are dishonest and/or senseless. A few might even read this forum. We don't want them getting ideas about defrauding Kings Island from Kings Island Central.

Hence why I mentioned that it's probably a topic best avoided.

Your not a lawyer, you just play one on T.V? Scratch that, on this forum?

I added that because I was (attempting to) explain the terms of the ticket being discussed. Of course, I'm not qualified (at all) to give any legal opinions or advice. I don't want anyone to think otherwise.

Edited above to clarify.

• Like 6

Easiest way to prevent the defrauding of the bands is to make them bar code associated with a quick photo image that can be taken at point of purchase. It can then be scanned before the individual enters the queue revealing the customers face.....send in the magic wrist bands to make that job easier.

• Like 2

Easiest way to prevent the defrauding of the bands is to make them bar code associated with a quick photo image that can be taken at point of purchase. It can then be scanned before the individual enters the queue revealing the customers face.....send in the magic wrist bands to make that job easier.

I believe Kings Island is doing that on any plans/discounts associated with season passes (examples being the season long dining plan and the 10% gold pass discount). I may be wrong, but I recall the photo of the passholder appearing when the pass is scanned.

• Like 2

I like the bar code idea - that would slow Fast Lane down tremendously! Anyone ride the train at the zoo - they scan every pass and it takes some time to board.

Unfortunately, I do not see Cedar Fair at the moment spending any more than they have to in order to accept the cash cow from Fast Lane. Heck, on several occasions, I have witnessed employers not even looking or acknowledging if someone indeed had a wrist-band. I watched The Beast employee just motion folks right in and I watched his eyes - they never left head level as he was simply counting folks he was letting through. I saw several go through with no wrist-band. Watched this for a good 20min+ as I saw 2 regular line get through with the rest Fast Lane during every cycle, thus preventing me from riding before the nightly stoppage for the fireworks.

I do agree with malem - this thread should be avoided/disappear as it is giving folks ideas on how to re-use the wrist-bands (copy cat villians if you will). Someone wasn't smart enough to think about using tape to piece it back together, but now from an above post, they now do.

• Like 2

How can you reuse the wristband when they have to be broken to be taken off?

I've seen teenagers use what I think was Scotch tape do it right out in broad daylight in front of DB.
I've seen park police in Sandusky use a rather clever method to catch individuals who attempt to steal services. I'm sure that their counterparts at KI are on top of it as well. These topics are usually best to avoid discussing.Morality aside, how anyone can think that getting a few rides on a roller coaster is worth potentially earning a criminal record is beyond my understanding.

You aren't a enthusiast until you've caught a charge for the love of thrill rides!

• Like 2

Dalefan, I realize that discrepancies will happen, and I'm generally pretty cool with others using Fast Lane passes. What I really hated was the single rider line abuse on Diamondback. People would show up in matching tee shirts, get into the single rider line, and would sometimes get on together. I had a huge argument with a worker on one particularly hot summer weekend day. She was sending 6-10 single riders at a time! It wasn't a good thing. :)

• Like 2

Ape Fastlane at cedrpoint is different than Kings Isand. Your wait will be a least of 20 minutes. Except for maverick, the fastlane line mergers before the top of the station. On busy days the fastlane wait can be 1 hour.

For the guy who is planning to go on 4th of july, PICK ANOTHER DAY. You have know idea what is is like up there on a busy day, not fun. It can take hours just to get into and out of the park. See the attached article for proof.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2013/10/cedar_point_vows_parking_probl.html

Which makes it a luxury the way KI is centered between two major highway entrances/exits, plus 2 non-highway exits to go west.

Its nice to be able to turn out of KI and go right onto a high way.

Now imagine if Kings Island Drive was closed in both directions just south of the park but north of Western Row Road, all of the traffic would have to head north and that would be a nightmare.

Don't get me wrong fastlane is great. With that said, if i am going to shell out close to $100 for fastlane, I don't want to wait a hour to get on one the major roller coasters. They need to limit the number of pass per day. It hardly ever sells out. Just don't go on a busy day, buy fastlane and you will have a great time

Don't get me wrong fastlane is great. With that said, if i am going to shell out close to $100 for fastlane, I don't want to wait a hour to get on one the major roller coasters. They need to limit the number of pass per day. It hardly ever sells out. Just don't go on a busy day, buy fastlane and you will have a great time

I always go through the week, I've never had to buy Fast Lane. For the most part the wait times are minimal and usually its more of a walk on status.

• Like 1

For the guy who is planning to go on 4th of july, PICK ANOTHER DAY.

Thanks for the advice but the wife and I always have stayed at CP or KI ( not last year do to pregnancy) during the Fourth of July and always have a blast and never any issues with crowds, then again it's our weekend away from screaming kids, so even if it gets crowded, it's nothing a Fastlane Plus, hotel room, and a cold beverage can't offset. B)

• Like 4

Fast Lane is a registered service mark/trademark or whatever of Cedar Fair... As such it should always be capitalized.

• Like 2

For the guy who is planning to go on 4th of july, PICK ANOTHER DAY.

Thanks for the advice but the wife and I always have stayed at CP or KI ( not last year do to pregnancy) during the Fourth of July and always have a blast and never any issues with crowds, then again it's our weekend away from screaming kids, so even if it gets crowded, it's nothing a Fastlane Plus, hotel room, and a cold beverage can't offset. B)

You got to have at least one weekend away from the screaming kids! No need to say anymore!