Fast Lane Question

jtmorningview

Ape Fastlane at cedrpoint is different than Kings Isand. Your wait will be a least of 20 minutes. Except for maverick, the fastlane line mergers before the top of the station. On busy days the fastlane wait can be 1 hour.

For the guy who is planning to go on 4th of july, PICK ANOTHER DAY. You have know idea what is is like up there on a busy day, not fun. It can take hours just to get into and out of the park. See the attached article for proof.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2013/10/cedar_point_vows_parking_probl.html

+1 on that ^^ -- we were there at CP on a Saturday at the end of the season, the day crowds were incredible - shoulder-to-shoulder over the entire park (including the midway over toward Wicked Twister). They left, and the Haunt crowd came in even thicker! Definitely NOT a fun day.

• Like 1

Im probably going to catch a lot of flack for this but I don't see it as being that big of a deal to let someone else have your band if you're leaving the park and not charging anything for it. I've stated in another thread I've been to over two hundred concerts. If it is a seated venue I am always front and center. There are times where I'll leave before the headliner and on my way out I'll find someone with a lawn ticket or a seat way up high and let them have my ticket since im leaving. making someone else's day that may not be able to afford or have the ability to do such things.

Well said. I know it's illegal and I'm not condoning it in any way, but I would think that if you gave out a Fast Lane pass to someone after you were finished using it and the person receiving it really enjoyed it and appreciated the benefit of it, then maybe they would be a Fast Lane purchaser in the future, and/or the people they told their experience to. Could actually potentially be free advertising for the park. Again, not recommending that anyone should do it (please don't -- you'll be violating the terms of service!), but I agree with you.

• Like 2

I agree with you with the folks in the place using your concert/reds ticket. Heck I was on my way out of a Reds game last season and this dad and son were watching from standing room only. I asked if they planned to stay the rest of the game (my son was getting tired so we left, at the time he was 5 months?), they said yes. So I gave them my tickets. I wish I would have traded (11Ks that night) but I agree with you.

I think thats the rub. I can see why its wrong because you are taking your pass that you paid for and used then giving it to someone else who didnt pay for it. In a perfect world, it wouldnt matter, but the park wants their money.

There is no difference between riding one of the Fastlane rides getting off then handing the wrist pass to a friend to ride next and doing so several times through out the day as to using the Fastlane pass for a period of time going out the gate and handing to someone or selling it to a friend or stranger. The moment they used it it IS stealing plain and simple.

• Like 4

Im probably going to catch a lot of flack for this but I don't see it as being that big of a deal to let someone else have your band if you're leaving the park and not charging anything for it. I've stated in another thread I've been to over two hundred concerts. If it is a seated venue I am always front and center. There are times where I'll leave before the headliner and on my way out I'll find someone with a lawn ticket or a seat way up high and let them have my ticket since im leaving. making someone else's day that may not be able to afford or have the ability to do such things.

Well said. I know it's illegal and I'm not condoning it in any way, but I would think that if you gave out a Fast Lane pass to someone after you were finished using it and the person receiving it really enjoyed it and appreciated the benefit of it, then maybe they would be a Fast Lane purchaser in the future, and/or the people they told their experience to. Could actually potentially be free advertising for the park. Again, not recommending that anyone should do it (please don't -- you'll be violating the terms of service!), but I agree with you.

If the park wished people to become frequent buyers, they would introduce a promotion at a lower price, in order to entice people to buy, not just take off a few bucks the more you buy in one transaction. I have also seen situations where 4 or more random people will band together to try and get the 'group' discount on the FL passes, then try to pay for each seperately. That also isn't the park's intent. If you want the group discount, the park expects only one form of payment from one person for the whole group.

Im not saying I've done it or plan on doing it. I am saying personally I don't see it as being a problem. We don't have to agree and the park doesn't have to agree. And yes I see a difference not just a plain and simple stealing.

• Like 1

That's fine, but if they're paying seperately, it defeats the purpose. No matter how many passes are bought, only one form of payment is to be used to puchase all of them (I suppose the easiest way around this would be to give cash to the 'payor', but CC are a different story.

Im not saying I've done it or plan on doing it. I am saying personally I don't see it as being a problem. We don't have to agree and the park doesn't have to agree. And yes I see a difference not just a plain and simple stealing.

Once again, well said! I too am not condoning it and I don't think anyone should do it, but I've seen people time and time again post comments that are essentially along the lines of saying "stealing is stealing", which I disagree with. There are VASTLY varying degrees of breaking the terms that you agree to when purchasing a ticket, and some I just personally don't morally have a problem with. I'm sorry, but saying that giving (for free) someone who was not going to purchase a Fast Lane pass your Fast Lane pass as you leave the park a couple hours before it closes is not equivalent to "helping yourself to the cash register" as someone claimed earlier. That's completely absurd.

Again, no one should ever do this, because it's against the rules. But let's not be ridiculous here.

^ I agree that there are varying degrees of breaking terms and stealing. As they say in those anti-piracy commercials, "You wouldn't steal a car, so why steal a movie?" Well...if I could download a car for free, I just might. That being said, if the Fast Lane pass has already been paid for, there are no more for sale, and it's the end of the day, why would it be wrong to give your pass to someone else? It could result in that person becoming a fan and buying future passes. I don't know. I think it's a gray area.

You're buying a license for one person to use Fast Lane queues on one day. Transferring a wristband is like sharing one all-you-can-eat buffet meal or transferring an admission handstamp. It's fraud; there is no gray area.

Committing fraud is much more serious than simply violating the terms on the ticket (eg. line jumping). The latter generally results in the ticket/pass being revoked, whereas the former can result in being banned from the premises and/or being charged criminally.

• Like 7

You're buying a license for one person to use Fast Lane queues on one day. Transferring a wristband is like sharing one all-you-can-eat buffet meal or transferring an admission handstamp. It's fraud; there is no gray area.

Committing fraud is much more serious than simply violating the terms on the ticket (eg. line jumping). The latter generally results in the ticket/pass being revoked, whereas the former can result in being banned from the premises and/or being charged criminally.

Exactly. If it's ok to give your Fast Lane ticket to someone else why not just hand your part ticket itself to someone else. Maybe sometime in the future they'd want to buy an actual ticket and pay to go to the park then.

• Like 3

Last year I bought Fast Pass and they gave me one extra, didnt realize it until we was walking away. To be honest I didnt want to return it, I felt as if I would at any other business, example at Mcdonalds if they give me more food that I ordered, I eat it. So I never once thought what happened was me stealing, nor do I believe it was. Their mistake, my gain. What we ended up doing with it, I felt was a good thing. We got to talking with this older couple who had took their grandson to KI for his birthday and it was his first trip there. The older couple was not riding and was there so the kid could ride. We gave them the extra band and felt like we did a good thing with it. I didnt try and sell it, I didnt try and use it another day. Judge me if you want but I dont regret what I did.

• Like 1

My first big job out of High School I was a bank teller. A couple months in but still under the 90 day probationary period I accidentally gave a older gentlemen an extra $100. That evening when we balanced out I of course was short. We called the operation center to see if the work we sent in had an error and there wasn't, the branch manager had to count my drawer with another teller and I knew if it was short I would be fired. As they were about half way through we heard a tap on the front door and there was the older gentleman I gave the extra money to, he explained when he got home and contend his money he knew I made a mistake and knew I was new (in the 80's everything wasn't so electronic and we seen our customers regularly) so he drove back to try to catch us before we left. The manager was very nice about it but told me I was a very lucky young man and hope I understood fully what that gentlemen did for me.

I was happy to still have a job with benefits and I knew that mans honesty is what saved me. I admired him for his character and vowed that I would try to earn that kind of character for myself because I knew somebody was going to appreciate the honesty more than I could ever appreciate someone else's error. Since then I am convinced Karma has given back in a bigger way. I am glad I learned that one early in life.

True Story.

• Like 14

I never thought though that anyone could had got in trouble or that there was any accountability on the passes. Knowing that someone could had got in trouble I would had returned it. Come on its a bracelet made of paper. They pull out stacks of it and its seems as if its not being tracked. I thought they would never miss it. I really thought I had done the right thing, by not selling it and giving it to this kid. Had it back i would had never gave it away now I would had returned it.

The question asked in the OP has been answered (in post #2, in fact), and the continuing discussion/argument/whatever has done nothing but circle back to and repeat the same answer over and over again, and will continue to do nothing but that because there is no other correct answer to the subject of discussion.

Is it time to lock this thread?

The saying goes something like it only takes one person to make change happen - maybe this thread will be the one that re-aligns the moral and ethical compass of those who got out of alignment.

What a great story Avatar - so many people don't realize the consequence of a simple mistake like accidentally being given back too much change. As Terp pointed out - folks are quick to make a scene and point out if McDonald's shorts them some food, but get an extra Big Mac or a $10 instead of a $1 in change and these same folks can't get out of the parking lot fast enough!

• Like 4