Fast Lane Question

jtmorningview

So what about people who buy a CD, then let's a friend rip said CD on their computer and they burn a copy. Is that stealing?

Yes, it is. The owner of the CD has the right to rip the tracks for their own personal use, and that's it. Making copies of the ripped music to share with others, or letting someone else rip their own copy off of your own CD, is theft of intellectual property, also known as copyright infringement.

• Like 3

So what about people who buy a CD, then let's a friend rip said CD on their computer and they burn a copy. Is that stealing?

Yes, it is. The owner of the CD has the right to rip the tracks for their own personal use, and that's it. Making copies of the ripped music to share with others, or letting someone else rip their own copy off of your own CD, is theft of intellectual property, also known as copyright infringement.

Not to mention, because people do the latter, companies have, at times, implemented Draconian copy-protection schemes that often prevent the actual owner of the material from doing the former. This is another topic entirely, though, and I won't get into it in detail. Suffice it to say that I despise DRM, as it does little to stop the wrongdoers and in many cases, dramatically worsens the experience for the paying customer.

Thankfully the music industry has realized this and has largely backed off. I can only hope Hollywood follows suit, but I am not holding my breath...

• Like 2

Last year I bought Fast Pass and they gave me one extra, didnt realize it until we was walking away. To be honest I didnt want to return it, I felt as if I would at any other business, example at Mcdonalds if they give me more food that I ordered, I eat it. So I never once thought what happened was me stealing, nor do I believe it was. Their mistake, my gain. What we ended up doing with it, I felt was a good thing. We got to talking with this older couple who had took their grandson to KI for his birthday and it was his first trip there. The older couple was not riding and was there so the kid could ride. We gave them the extra band and felt like we did a good thing with it. I didnt try and sell it, I didnt try and use it another day. Judge me if you want but I dont regret what I did.

Just wondering how they gave you an extra wristband? Don't they attach the wristband for you? I know at Cedar Point they do!

While I skimmed through this topic, I would like to point out that people complain about the $45 admission price, they certainly would not like the prices of the Florida parks.

$90 for Busch Gardens or SeaWorld or a single park at Universal. (all 4 charge for their Q-Bots)

$100 at WDW per park unless you get a Park Hopper Pass.

Kings Island and Cedar Point should charge a lot more for admission than they do.

Fast Lane, Fast Pass, Flash Pass, etc are optional, not a requirement to enjoy the park. There is also a lot more than just rides at the park. Just walk around and check things out. There were times I went in 2013 and didn't ride anything, but still had an absolute blast.

• Like 4

Last year I bought Fast Pass and they gave me one extra, didnt realize it until we was walking away. To be honest I didnt want to return it, I felt as if I would at any other business, example at Mcdonalds if they give me more food that I ordered, I eat it. So I never once thought what happened was me stealing, nor do I believe it was. Their mistake, my gain. What we ended up doing with it, I felt was a good thing. We got to talking with this older couple who had took their grandson to KI for his birthday and it was his first trip there. The older couple was not riding and was there so the kid could ride. We gave them the extra band and felt like we did a good thing with it. I didnt try and sell it, I didnt try and use it another day. Judge me if you want but I dont regret what I did.

Just wondering how they gave you an extra wristband? Don't they attach the wristband for you? I know at Cedar Point they do!

For a few times they would just hand you the bands and you put it on yourself.

So to the people that have used the Cedar Point Fast Lane did you like it and would you buy again?

We loved it! Bought it on a Mom and Dad only weekend! It was during a Halloweekend Saturday, so of course it was busy! We only bought the regular Fast Lane since we accumulated quite the stock of Plinko line skippies!

The flat rides and other smaller rides that were on Fast Lane were pretty much a cycle wait. The bigger coasters had a minimum of 10 minutes (Maverick was always 20 or more minimum), it just depends on when you get in line. Raptor's Fast Lane was usually mobbed right away, but was short there after. Millennium Force usually had a 20+ wait, sometimes longer!

We splurged for the kids to have it during another Halloweekend Saturday. They enjoyed it of course!

We will definitely buy it again for our "alone" weekend!

If you have any questions about Fast Lane at Cedar Point, just ask! Can't wait to see if Fast Lane Plus eases the Maverick line at all...

• Like 1

While I skimmed through this topic, I would like to point out that people complain about the $45 admission price, they certainly would not like the prices of the Florida parks.

$90 for Busch Gardens or SeaWorld or a single park at Universal. (all 4 charge for their Q-Bots)

Kings Island and Cedar Point should charge a lot more for admission than they do.

Fast Lane, Fast Pass, Flash Pass, etc are optional, not a requirement to enjoy the park. There is also a lot more than just rides at the park. Just walk around and check things out. There were times I went in 2013 and didn't ride anything, but still had an absolute blast.

Shhhhh, dont give them any ideas.

• Like 1

Well, actually everyone entering the gates at Disney World pays for Fastpass (it's hidden in the cost and available to all guests.)

i've been do Disney World.......when was this implemented, and how does that actually work?

There is no extra charge. However at $90 + per person to ONE park at WDW, you are basically paying for it. ( I think WDW is actually $100+ for one park. They want people to Park Hop). In the past you walked up to a ticket kiosk, pressed a button, and it gave you a time to return. It was basically the same thing as Q-Bot systems at other parks. The difference is, is that it is available to EVERYONE, and not an extra charge. WDW has done this for years, nothing new, really.

• Like 1

Shhhhh, dont give them any ideas.

Actually as one who has visited all these parks mentioned several times I can tell you when you add it all up as a whole they all cost about the same. Cedar Fair seems to run on a model of get them in the gate with affordable admissions and then up charge for food, attractions, lockers, Fast Lane, $4.29 Cokes and such. I am not dissing Cedar Fair just saying in the end they all cost the same. I can't imagine guest paying $90 to get in to Kings Island especially the bus groups.

• Like 3

So if you go in the park and you dont eat there, its like your stealing from them. Then if you do eat there and get a pizza and give half to somebody, who didnt pay for it, your taking money from KI pockets.

If you share pizza purchased on one of the dining plans, you kinda are taking money from their pockets, as you purchased an agreement that entitles you to free food as long as you follow certain conditions. If you purchase the pizza individually, then you literally purchased the food itself, and you are free to share it. Obviously, the park would love it if everyone bought their own individually, but you do not have to. Basically, the dining plans, Fast Lane passes, etc are a non-transferrable service and are subject to certain conditions, but a direct purchase of food is a good and the food becomes your property with which to do anything you want once you pay for it.

• Like 2

Current trends have a lot to say about laws and society also. Humanity is progressively moving left.

Look at some laws and political debates we have nowadays. Some of our perceived normal behaviors were completely taboo not long ago.

Which way it's going is subject to debate. But that's life in the Fast Lane. Live well, try hard and enjoy. The sad reality is it's over fast, some get a head start with what amounts to a pass to privilege. Don't let it all flash by, while muttering about what could have been.

That's my admonition (and admission).

• Like 5

Wait and see what the crowds are like before you buy it. Last year on CoasterMania day, the weather produced lines short enough that it wouldn't have been worth the money. Also, don't forget that you get plenty of ERT before opening and after closing, covering almost all of the coasters. Consider taking advantage of that and spending the day on smaller rides. Sometimes the most memorable days are spent riding things like Monster, Eagles, Calypso, and other small flats. And don't bypass their Dodgems: good, relatively fast cars with no center island/divider or one-way signs, which is a dying breed.

• Like 3

I have a question. Last year as I was entering the park with my bf, I was offered wristbands that were still brand new, never used. It appeared the man and his daughter had to leave early, or had purchased them and then learned they had to leave, or maybe had bought them in anticipation of meeting up with others that never showed, I'm not sure. Would it have been wrong to take them, even though they had yet to be used?

Why is everyone dissing on Fast Lane? It's convenient for people like me, who can only visit the park once or twice each season and have to drive 4 hours to the park.

Yes, there is a better way to operate it but until KI trains each employee to do a 50/50 entry to the station, (and even then) no one will be happy.

To the original post, I find it wrong to try and sell your wristband, it's taking money from the park that could be used for improvements toward the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You're buying a license for one person to use Fast Lane queues on one day. Transferring a wristband is like sharing one all-you-can-eat buffet meal or transferring an admission handstamp.

No it's not. It's completely different, in fact. Again, saying "fraud is fraud" is ignorant and lazy. There are vastly varying degrees of fraud, and I'm sorry, but the case I described earlier just doesn't register as being "wrong" at all on the morality scale.

It's fraud; there is no gray area.

Once again, I never said it wasn't fraud. I've said 3 times now that no one should ever do this under any circumstance. I'm just saying I don't see the harm in this instance of "fraud".

I'm an audit manager at a CPA firm. My line of work involves many things with regards to fraud literally on a daily basis, so I know a thing or 2 about fraud.

• Like 1