Fast Lane Question

jtmorningview

My opinion-Fast Lane has destroyed the park experience for the person who hasn't purchased it. I agree with the other posters who state the same Fast Lane holders ride repeatedly while the rest of us wait til eternity for one ride. It's not right. I go to the park to have a good time, and this ends up getting me aggravated. To the point, I don't have a pass this year. That's pretty bad. But that's how I feel about it.

• Like 1

I rarely purchase Fastlane since I don't get deals for it on Fun Perks any longer, but it doesn't destroy my experience, if anything it enhances my experience. We have a Banshee and many added upgrades thanks to the money Fastlane helps generate the park. Some travel from across the country for a day at KI and I'm sure their over joyed they offer Fastlane so they can experience all the coasters in just one visit. This is a business, and it's thriving.

• Like 3

Ape Fastlane at cedrpoint is different than Kings Isand. Your wait will be a least of 20 minutes. Except for maverick, the fastlane line mergers before the top of the station. On busy days the fastlane wait can be 1 hour.

For the guy who is planning to go on 4th of july, PICK ANOTHER DAY. You have know idea what is is like up there on a busy day, not fun. It can take hours just to get into and out of the park. See the attached article for proof.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2013/10/cedar_point_vows_parking_probl.html

Just wow.

I don't understand why there is so much hate for Fast Lane and similar other services. I never will.

I've said it before, I'll never use it at Kings Island because I live so close but if I had one day at a park other than my home park I would certainly look into it. That's across the board, no matter what company operates whatever park I'm visiting.

• Like 4

I don't understand why there is so much hate for Fast Lane and similar other services. I never will.

I've said it before, I'll never use it at Kings Island because I live so close but if I had one day at a park other than my home park I would certainly look into it. That's across the board, no matter what company operates whatever park I'm visiting.

For people like me, its great! There isnt a theme/amusement park close enough for me to justify getting a season pass, so that one time a year that i do go Fast Lane Plus makes it an amazing day, not just the best day, so therefore we get them.

• Like 3

I rarely purchase Fastlane since I don't get deals for it on Fun Perks any longer, but it doesn't destroy my experience, if anything it enhances my experience. We have a Banshee and many added upgrades thanks to the money Fastlane helps generate the park. Some travel from across the country for a day at KI and I'm sure their over joyed they offer Fastlane so they can experience all the coasters in just one visit. This is a business, and it's thriving.

Saying we have Banshee simply because of Fast Lane may not be correct - what about all the previous rides installed before Fast Lane came into existence - was this just a farm field with tractors and horses to ride until Fast Lane came into existence? It may have been a farm prior to Kings Island, but since it's inception, it has periodically made improvements to keep it relevant and encouraging folks to visit - they had the award winning Planet Snoopy, The Beast, Vortex, Drop Tower, etc. etc. all built before Fast Lane. Heck, Diamondback, adjusted for inflation, is comparable to Banshee spending and Fast Lane did not exist at that time.

We will never know for sure what the money goes to - one can assume it is rides, but it could be bonuses to execs, paying down debt, minimum wage adjustments, additional staffing, or any variety of things. It could even be used to help keep daily entry and season passes at the prices they are now! Unless you have seen the accounting books to know for sure that Banshee would not exist without Fast Lane, it is simply speculation as to what the funds generated really go to.

Parks have to make these investments periodically to keep them relevant and I think Banshee would exist with or without Fast Lane money.

• Like 4

I have to say that the Fast Lane has returned the joy of Kings Island to me. I have a health condition where getting over heated makes me ill. I can not stand in line for hours. I will gladly pay $75 a pass to able to go again!

• Like 3

^ If that is a legitimate health condition, get some documentation from your doctor explaining what the condition is and what limitations it places on you, then take that to Guest Services. They may be able to give you a disability pass that allows you to obtain a return time and wait in a more relaxing and cooler area before boarding through the exit. Give it a try; it can't hurt to ask.

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong fastlane is great. With that said, if i am going to shell out close to $100 for fastlane, I don't want to wait a hour to get on one the major roller coasters. They need to limit the number of pass per day. It hardly ever sells out. Just don't go on a busy day, buy fastlane and you will have a great time

I always go through the week, I've never had to buy Fast Lane. For the most part the wait times are minimal and usually its more of a walk on status.

You're absolutely right. I normally only go on Tuesdays or Wednesdays since most people are at work or school.

• Like 3

^ If that is a legitimate health condition, get some documentation from your doctor explaining what the condition is and what limitations it places on you, then take that to Guest Services. They may be able to give you a disability pass that allows you to obtain a return time and wait in a more relaxing and cooler area before boarding through the exit. Give it a try; it can't hurt to ask.

It is, I have MS and heat is bad plus my legs have been effected somewhat. I will not however ask for special treatment until absolutely need too. It's bad enough having a handicap placard. Not to mention I don't want my daughter "embarrassed" anymore than needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I agree with the other posters who state the same Fast Lane holders ride repeatedly while the rest of us wait til eternity for one ride.

Guess who rode the Banshee 13 times in a row on April 26th with his Fast Lane Plus? This guy!

Yeah, and guess who did the same thing last Friday WITHOUT wasting $80?? THIS GUY!!!!!!

• Like 7

Fast Lane is a fantastic idea for both the park and guests in theory... Allows the park to generate more revenue and allows guests that aren't frequent visitors to get the most out of their visit. That being said, the ratio at which the separators have been allowing FL to regular is atrocious! On opening day the separator at Banshee allowed close to 30 people from FL+ on one train... needless to say that I was pretty peeved considering the 4+ hrs spent waiting in line. I would have no problems with FL if the employees over-watching the merger provided a more fair ratio.

• Like 5

Fast Lane is a fantastic idea for both the park and guests in theory... Allows the park to generate more revenue and allows guests that aren't frequent visitors to get the most out of their visit. That being said, the ratio at which the separators have been allowing FL to regular is atrocious! On opening day the separator at Banshee allowed close to 30 people from FL+ on one train... needless to say that I was pretty peeved considering the 4+ hrs spent waiting in line. I would have no problems with FL if the employees over-watching the merger provided a more fair ratio.

See, that's the point I was trying to make. I have no problem with Fast Lane, its the ratio I have a problem with.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I just got Fast Lane plus today' and wanted to share pros and cons. Pro....you really don't wait long, sometimes five to ten minutes max to ride even in moderate traffic. So that's a big plus.

Con...I don't care how experienced you are and what type of endurance you have....you have very little break between rides. And these rides jar you pretty good. The point is waiting in line gives your body a break and if you don't have it, you'll ride them all sooner...maybe five hours tops....but you won't make it more because your equilibrium will be spent. Keep that in mind. Quicker yes. More,.....maybe.

• Like 1

Thanks! And welcome to KIC.

Cedar Fair would hope that - even with near immediate access to rides - you will still take a break between each. Just, instead of spending that break queuing, they hope you'll spend it in a shop, arcade, or restaurant. 

• Like 3

Yep. Personally, I found CP's Fast Lane makes you wait too long to ride again. On the Force, Raptor, and TTD that is. At least a 15 minute wait on a busy day. Maverick however, was 5-10 at most with FL. KI seems to be more consistent as their FL takes you either to the station or into the station.

Cedar Point is a very different park. On a summer Saturday, its ten longest queues might have an average wait of 90 minutes. Even the most moderately attended days see an hour+ wait for Maverick, Millennium, and Raptor. Providing near-immediate, in-station access would turn Fast Lane into a very different beast. Emphasizing that it allows guests to skip most of the line is a much better offer, operations wise.

• Like 1