Diamondback vs. Banshee vs. The Beast

Banshee Back VII

Not everyone here is a coaster enthusiast. Several members here seldom ride coasters.

Length of line doesn't mean ridership or even popularity.

And what does "better" mean?

Terp, who likes to ask questions

Here is pretty much what I mean by better: If you could only ride one ride for the rest of your life, and get unlimited rides on it, which ride would you choose? I hope this helps to answer your question.

• Like 1

The problem was what was the question? Let me write a poll question and I can shape the results to fit your needs.

Gravy? Who mentioned ACE?

Terp, just sayin'

I must have misled you. By coaster enthusiasts, I didn't mean ACE, I just meant meant anyone else who has ridden the coasters. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I've been riding The Beast for most of my lifetime. Diamondback is now five years old and I've taken plenty of laps. I've never had an inverted coaster that rocks as hard as Banshee in my home park so that wins for now. Ask me again in 3-5 years.

• Like 2

I remember seeing a souvenir cup from the late 80s where the top four depicted were The Beast, Vortex, King Cobra, and Racer.

KI's best four rides now can go toe-to-toe with almost every other park's, only ones it isn't comparable to are SFMM and maybe CP.

Kings Island: Banshee, Diamondback, The Beast, Firehawk

Cedar Point: Millennium Force, Maverick, Gatekeeper, Top Thrill Dragster

Magic Mountain: Tatsu, X², Goliath, Superman: Escape from Krypton

My perrsonal opinion and vote is that Banshee is the better overall coaster, in doing what it is intended to do, and is definitely the best during the day. The Beast, is best at night because it does what its intended to do in spectacular fashion at night, especially as well as its running this year. Both, absolutely annihilate Diamondslack in every single fashion. I have not been a fan of that ride since its opening year.

• Like 1