Diamondback vs. Banshee vs. The Beast

Banshee Back VII

Let's not forget Camden Park: Big Dipper, Lil Dipper, Haunted House, Pronto Pup Stand! :)

I don't think it's actually possible for me to forget Camden Park. Still have those moments where I can't believe the braking system on the Haunted House is a ride op. (Not that I necessarily look down on it; it just seemed really unorthodox in today's world.)

On the topic of this thread:

1. Beast (by thiiiiis much)

2. Banshee

3. Diamondback (B&M hypers don't do much for me, Raging Bull excepted)

• Like 3

Terp, bringing childish immaturity to The Earth mixed with an odd sense of gravity, but little gravitas, since 1955.

BB7, rocking the world in a profound way since 2001.

BB1 has been walking the world in a profound way for a MUCH longer time than BB7. (No relation, respectively)

Rhetorical questions about a non rhetorical question, intreresting.

Look for my imput soon, as I have not been able to ride Banshee yet.

Terp, bringing childish immaturity to The Earth mixed with an odd sense of gravity, but little gravitas, since 1955.

BB1 has been walking the world in a profound way for a MUCH longer time than BB7. (No relation, respectively)

Banshee is amazing. It is my co-favorite ride in the park, tied with The Beast.

Ah yes, the long, powerful BB Dynasty.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Totally off the poll, but I'll add my overall list is basically changing but 1 Beast 2a Banshee 2b Mystic Timbers 4 Diamondback 5 Racer (Backwards 4ever....god I wish they would do it again!)  6 Flight of Fear  7 Adventure Express at night 8 Stunt Driver 9 The Bat 11 Adventure Express at day 10 Beastie (Love the old name 4ev!) 11 Invertigo (Very scary on the lift hill and a crazy ride, but I don't really care for it too much at all.)

Never rode orginal Bat or Screamin Demon that I can remember  .  Vortex would slot in before Stunt Driver or maybe tie with Flight of Fear.  Son of Beast would slot in a tie with Banshee or right behind it but my wife hated its guts. It appealed to me as a former wrestler.  It looked amazing and was the out of control ride I gravitate towards. King Cobra would be ahead of Adventure Express at day, but not at night, behind the existing Bat and perhaps even behind Beastie...it didn't do a whole lot and wasn't that fast.  I must be forgetting a coaster or 2 am I? ANd 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they have ever clocked The Beast at multiple spots and how it might compare to other coasters? It seems like it just gather steam at least through 2/3 of the ride its seemingly getting faster and faster.  I'd love to know how it measures in that dept compared to other coaster, particularly wood coasters. I have never road El Toro, the Voyage or the other highly touted wooden coasters, but they all seem to be trying to do so many things along the way to perhaps outdo The Beast or to impress the rider and that is totally cool. Its kinda like they are Eddie Van Halen and The Beast is Link Wray or Jimmy Page or some old Bluesman like Albert King, who just plays 3 notes that sound better than Stevie Ray Vaughan, who I dig, but when they play together, Stevie Ray is trying to impress his hero Albert, who plays way less notes and just kills on them and doesn't even try.  Sorry for that analogy...I'm a guitarist.  But The Beast doesn't even have to try for all those maneuvers and all that.  One chord is great, two chords is cool, three chords is Jazz.  That is why The Beast will always, always be the King.   Its the Motorhead of Roller Coasters.  If it moves it next door, your lawn might die.  I kinda wish it had no brakes though....good lord would that be even better!!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 4/28/2014 at 7:06 PM, The Interpreter said:

Let's not forget Camden Park: Big Dipper, Lil Dipper, Haunted House, Pronto Pup Stand! :)

I go to Camden Park once a year. I love Camden Park! My favorite ride is the Paratrooper and Big Dipper. You have to ride Big Dipper at night.

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

Its really strange how the darkness adds to The Beast.  The Beast in the front row on a crisp cool fall night is probably still my number one coaster after all of these years however in the day time the coaster for me is hardly worth riding.  

Have you ridden it in or after the rain? IMO the ride feels just as wild as it does during the night ride (you can just see during the rain ride) and the woods look beautiful and refreshed in the rain. After a storm or when it's misty is a good way to get an awesome day ride.

I think Diamondback is technically the best out of the three (Banshee is a very close second), but The Beast is my favorite of the three and my favorite coaster in general.  I've had rain rides, night rides during the fireworks, and rides in the front car on a breezy day. I've just had to many memorable rides on the thing not to love it.  

• Like 1