B&M Inverted Coaster Restraints

TheBEASTunchained

As you all know, the restraint system on Banshee is the first of its kind on any inverted roller coaster in the world.

Though plagued with a few minor problems while in use on Gatekeeper and Wild Eagle, the restraints at this point have been adjusted and improved on both of those coasters. With those adjustments and improvements being made, Banshee seemed to be a complete success when it comes to the restraint system used.

With the recent success of the above mentioned B&M restraint system on Banshee, would it be possible to implement this system on already existing B&M inverted coasters? Do you think any parks would be interested in making such a change to an inverted coaster?

From experience on other B&M inverted coasters, I can definitely say that these restraints have a huge impact on overall ride experience.

Anyway, I was just curious as to what you all think about this?

Now that all the "tightening" problems have been fixed, and given the fact the amount of headbanging on Banshee is literally zero, I say these restraints are wonderful...

One of the major reasons that I and many others consider Banshee to be the best invert in the world...

But I highly doubt other parks would feel the need to change their existing B&M inverts to these style trains. As has been mentioned before, it would cost a lot more than you think and thus the return on the investment wouldn't really be worth it.

• Like 7

I don't think they would be able to replace the restraints on the trains, but get new trains. It seems to me that the dimensions of Banshee's trains are different than the first generation inverts. Also the seats are tilted differently, so spending millions on new trains is what is going to happen if that path is taken.

I wouldn't mind riding Raptor with Banshee's trains though.

• Like 3

Now that all the "tightening" problems have been fixed, and given the fact the amount of headbanging on Banshee is literally zero, I say these restraints are wonderful...

One of the major reasons that I and many others consider Banshee to be the best invert in the world...

But I highly doubt other parks would feel the need to change their existing B&M inverts to these style trains. As has been mentioned before, it would cost a lot more than you think and thus the return on the investment wouldn't really be worth it.

I agree with BeastForever. The new trains and restraints would cost a lot. The ride would not see an increase in popularity, therefore it isn't worth it.

• Like 1

I am perfectly okay with these restraints, although I wish they would have the clicking effect like most restraints, it just feels more safe in my opinion to know that I can hear it lock.

The only REAL problem I have with is is the vest, I know you can pull it forward and all which is great! But it's too tight almost. It was killing my collar bones the 4 times I rode it this weekend.

• Like 1

It doesn't lock in place, the vests, so it doesn't matter if you try to inhale a bunch when the restraints lock. It'll always be tuggin' on ya.

It can always be pushed out a little also, but even still. I'd rather it lock where you set it. Not so you can be unsafe, but just so it can be there instead of being THERE!

• 3 weeks later...

The restraints are wonderful and if more parks got them it would take away Banshee's fame

I am kind of with this statement. I would love the restraints on some other inverts, but I am more than OK with us being the only ones with them for a little while.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I like the restraints on Banshee, it's like it makes me feel too safe and comfortable.

I like to live on the edge so to speak.

Would a lap bar not be sufficient?

your right, Shoot the Rapids comes to mind when living on the edge, of drowning that is.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...