Big Tan Box

DBInternational

Now that all the excitement of Banshee is over, our next topic of interest is the former TRTR/Crypt building and its future with the park. It currently remains a large tan box in Rivertown that is only being used to occupy a Haunt attraction for about 1/3 of the season. If this building were to be torn down, a fairly large chunk of room would be opened up for future park expansion. On the other hand, it's exterior is already very well themed for a jungle adventure type ride. So now, my question is: do you think KI should tear it down, build a new attraction inside it, or just keep it the way it is as only a Haunt attraction.

14039708102_228688eb01_c.jpg

^ Guys he didn't say the park will tear it down. He's just saying if you were in charge, what would you do.

As for myself, I've always loved the idea of putting in an indoor wild mouse coaster or a second dark ride. I can't decide which, but I definitely think it should be used to house a new attraction.

• Like 2

"As for the former Crypt building, it is not being removed. It's not in use Opening Day through Labor Day so it was taken out. It will return on the Haunt map in the fall."

Posted by DonKIPR on 21 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

I understand that he posted this. But this is a topic regarding people's opinion not what's already been decided. Also I failed to mention that I did not mean in the next year, but just meant the future in general (yeah I know kinda broad).

I apologize for the confusion.

• Like 1

Now that all the excitement of Banshee is over

Really, the excitement's over? It has only been 5 (public) days!

I understand that he posted this. But this is a topic regarding people's opinion not what's already been decided. Also I failed to mention that I did not mean in the next year, but just meant the future in general (yeah I know kinda broad).

I do believe that there are already a number of topics regarding various aspects of this particular building's future.

• Like 1

Now that all the excitement of Banshee is over

Really, the excitement's over? It has only been 5 (public) days!

I do believe that there are already a number of topics regarding various aspects of this particular building's future.

But is there a poll? I was curious about statistics.

• Like 1

Much like Son of Beast- the big tan box (does that need capitalized????) will remain a status quo symbol until something is ready to replace it. As good as they have done with Banshee- I'm expecting something "unexpected" to be placed in there.

While I'm at it- what happened to the giant Topspin anyway?

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

My best guess is that it will someday be repurposed into a fantastic, immersive queue line for new dark ride ala Dark Castle. All that would need to be created is a soundstage size building to actually house the ride itself.

Although I would love to see a Mack water coaster in it's place.

I'd be happy to see a new attraction placed in there. I mean its a nice spacious building...something good could go in there. I guess only time will tell.

All I know is that I miss TR:TR and it would be cool to see something of that caliber be placed inside there ( I have my doubts, but then again after seeing the impressive theming of Banshee there is still hope )

• Like 3

I mean until I hear more about CW Wonder Mountain Guardian, this takes the cake.

I mean, two launches, few seconds of airtime, some nice laterals in the helix, neat theming/music, then kinda creepy too. Then a BBW homeage finale. The building is huge I'm sure something like this could go in there, it would be a fantastic addition to the park IMO. The drop track deal is very intriguing to me as well.

• Like 3