Big Tan Box

DBInternational

My best guess is that it will someday be repurposed into a fantastic, immersive queue line for new dark ride ala Dark Castle. All that would need to be created is a soundstage size building to actually house the ride itself.

Although I would love to see a Mack water coaster in it's place.

Please keep those tacky looking coasters away from Kings Island.

Unless an entire mountain is grooving with the track, much like Disney has done with their coasters, those rides look odd. Although, they are fun to ride..

• Like 1

Fun factoid: According to one of the last few Amusement Today issues, the ride itself was designed by Zamperla. I'm assuming Triotech is just involved in the special effect aspects of it.

With the delays involved with WMG, I do wonder if we'll see this exact ride system copied elsewhere.

I had read something somewhere that Gringott's has drop track involved too, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt since it's virtually a mystery ride right now....Wouldn't it be cool if the Tan Box was converted into a mysterious Mummy type ride maybe ala the Gaurdian?

No but a less tacky water coaster with next to no theming

That doesn't have a boat flying up and down curves. Hardly a coaster IMO

For whatever reason, probably because it's just a lift and a drop that is out of water, I actually think that ride looks really photogenic. *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the new teaser? Possibly a hint for a dark ride in 2015? https://twitter.com/kingsislandpr/status/477189823526998016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easier to speculate about something behind a fence than something in a box.

~Coolio schoolio~

Just shake the box! Maybe you can tell what's inside!

razmataz, who just had too.

• Like 9

I think the stakes in the grass area by The Best has something to do with the amazing tan box we know & love to be TRTR/Crypt/MFCT (I hope it's something like the Guardian attraction at Canada's Wonderland)

As for the lantern pic... I bet that's a promo for the Dinosaurs At Night thing

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 1