2006 Rumour

Screwball

Now before you laugh, I really don't believe this one either. I am merely putting it here for discussion sake, this is a rumour forum correct? wink.gif

I was talking to a older employee at PKI who has worked there for over 5 years. Now I am sure they would not be privy to any information, however they are related to someone who would know.

We were just talking about random park information, and she brought up the new IJST for this year where the Tique's are. We talked about that for awhile, and then she went on to mention that her son in law works in architecture design for the park. She was talking about how he worked on Son of Beast, help designing the structure etc.

She then went on to mention that the year after next, (2006) that PKI is going to be building a "one of those coasters that Cedar Point has that goes from zero to over a hundred." (Referring to Top Thrill Dragster of course)

Safe to say, I wanted to just chuckle at this one as I don't really see that happening. The one thing that stuck with me though, is why would someone like this make up something like that? So who knows..

I'm sure this rumour has nearly no integrity to it, and less then 1% chance of being true. So don't shoot me for passing it on, only time will tell where the truth lies.

However, PKI could be motivated to make a splash in the thrill seekers market and take some guests away from CP. Just imagine a record breaker at PKI, I can only pray!

I would say it's possible in 2007 to get a rocket coaster, but not 2006. I'd personally love to see one, maybe with some cool theming around the launch and stuff. Though TTD looks great, I think it's predecessor, Xcelerator, looks to be a little more fun due to to it's overbanked turns and such, or PKI could go the way of Storm Runner. Eitherway, I wouldn't be shocked to see PKI build one in the future, though almost certainly it wouldn't be for atleast 2 seasons after IJST makes it's debut.

2006 - Nick Central Expansion - Rumor - (8/20/04) In the wake of the news that the Antique Cars were being removed from PKI for the Italian Job we’ve now heard a wild rumor that the cars just might return in a new location in Nick Central as a possible expansion of that area in 2006. If the cars return (or new ones are bought) they may be given a new Nick Toons theme and called the Nickelodeon ToonPike. At this point however, any plans for 2006 are just speculation while the park is focused entirely on the 2005 Italian Job project and wont lock down the 2006 plans until next year.

Found this on Screamscape.com

i think this is a big lie. The last time I checked, architects designed buildings and structures, aesthetically and what would look nice. Even architects use engineers to help them with buildings. I also believe that engineers are usually the ones who design coasters, taking into account gravity and resistance, and the fact that nothing later on in the coaster can be higher than the first hill, or require speed faster than initial launch, since without boosters, it will not work.

i think this is a big lie. The last time I checked, architects designed buildings and structures, aesthetically and what would look nice. Even architects use engineers to help them with buildings. I also believe that engineers are usually the ones who design coasters, taking into account gravity and resistance, and the fact that nothing later on in the coaster can be higher than the first hill, or require speed faster than initial launch, since without boosters, it will not work.

I can assure you that this is 100% of what I heard. I am not the type of person to make things up, and I don't think the person telling me would lie either.

If it is wrong, I would lean more towards her being misinformed then anything else.

I just put it here for interest sake. Meh..

I wouldn't bet on a rocket coaster for 2006 - I would be surprised NOT to see something Star Trek-related. Like I've said before, that Borg Invasion 4-D thing at the Hilton in Las Vegas seems to be quite popular with many, many people. Adding such an experience ride would only further enhance PKI's image of being more "Hollywoodized."

Now for some technical B.S.; if she said they're going to BUILD a rocket coaster in 2006, maybe she was referring that it would be open for 2007? I wouldn't knock that quite yet. What a pleasant surprise that would be. Maybe something along of the lines of a terrain-rocket coaster? It could happen...

Engineers and architects work together on MANY building projects including roller coasters. (I should know, I am at UofL in Speed School.) Architects usually do design while engineers give dynamics and velocity formulas. Don't get me wrong though, engineers do MOST of the design.