Action Zone and X-Base join?

I was just thinking how awesome a RMC Woodie would be in between Banshee and X-Base. I thought about it some more, and in addition to the Woodside, they could add a HUSS Enterprise (best flat ride of all time) and an S&S Screamin' Swing and join X-Base and Banshee/Bat area, rename the rides to a scary theme, and make a whole new section. A B&M Dive Machine could also be an excellent addition.

I don't think you will see Cedar Fair buy a HUSS enterprise. Something about a Dollywood ride, a Giant Top Spin...

Also, I don't see that kind of money (your plan) invested in KI in the next decade. Perhaps, but not likely...

Ah yes, forgot about HUSS's recent "mishap". I also wasn't thinking over the next decade, more like the next 20 years.

Eh, I'm calling a big no on that one. Banshee filled "the gap", making accesability to X-Base via Action Zone be destroyed in hindsight. Plus, mind you that X-Base is semi dead locked in by Dinosaurs Alive, Firehawk and how Flight of Fear is situated, don't even get me started by the admired jungle mine train and the Celtic spirit infront of it.

• Like 3

I don't see Action Zone joining X-Base, but I could see Action Zone being expanded or a new land created with a path leading to it under The Bat and Banshee. Look at the area...currently utilized by a few tons of concrete and the old SOB station. Wipe those out, along with some decent grading of the land, and we could have ourselves a nice new area in the valley...

(I know, I know...the stations being used for Wolf Pack for the foreseeable future...)

If nothing else, I could see them redoing that area with some flats and general sprucing up in the coming years.

• Like 2

What will happen when Dinosaurs Alive's contract with Cedar Fair explires? (2018?)

What's your source for 2018?

Considering there's a question mark next to 2018, presumably meaning he only thinks not knows that is the year it expires, a source is not needed.

• Like 3

There are a few on here (Terpy, me, Prob Dane and Boddah) who know the expiration date, as well as the terms of the deal, but have been asked by Don and other park sources to keep such info off the forums since such deals often have 'escape clauses' that allow one or the other party to cancel if certain benchmarks aren't met. FUN isn't giving free admission to DA to Gold and Platinuim holders simply because the attraction is sev years old at this point. Last I checked, Skyflyer and Slingshot are still upcharges, and they've been around awhile.

• Like 4

There are a few on here (Terpy, me, Prob Dane and Boddah) who know the expiration date, as well as the terms of the deal, but have been asked by Don and other park sources to keep such info off the forums since such deals often have 'escape clauses' that allow one or the other party to cancel if certain benchmarks aren't met. FUN isn't giving free admission to DA to Gold and Platinuim holders simply because the attraction is sev years old at this point. Last I checked, Skyflyer and Slingshot are still upcharges, and they've been around awhile.

Not sure why you think I know certain details of the agreement beyond what is public, but I don't. Maybe you were in a conference room with Terpy, Dane, Don and an evil clone BoddaH or something, but I never had a conversation like that with Don. :rolleyes:

What we do know - and it's very public information - is that Dinos was a profit sharing venture. The company built and maintained the dinos in exchange for half of the profits (or some figure like that - I'm not sure). Clearly with Gold/Plat being free, some other type of deal was struck - or this was the plan all along. We simply don't know.

As far as 2018 is concerned, if I was a betting man (which I am) then I'd bet the house that they don't plan to get rid of it on or before 2018. Why would they? It's VERY popular during Haunt for Trick or Treat w/Dinos and it adds a considerable value to season passes. Plus look at all the merch opportunities. Kids love this stuff... and for every kid there's a paying adult or two or three.

You want my prediction?

Will we ever see the trail expanded? Nah. I think it's too long as is. It's a tough course to walk since the second half is up hill. I took a 6 year old through it a few years ago and he was pretty exhausted at the end.

Will we see new dinos? Maybe. I could see a few more added during non-ride investment years. I mean, why not?

Will the dinos keep working? Gosh, I'd love to say yes. The thing that kept it afloat was that a 3rd party was responsible for the maintenance. With season passes being free, does it mean that the contract was terminated since they are no longer sharing profit? Did CF buy them out? We don't know. I'm not going to kid you and say that it's going to work 2 years from now if KI is responsible for maintaining them. We've seen enough examples of the little things slipping through the cracks to know better. Kings Island is great at many things, maintaining things like this unfortunately isn't one of them.

• Like 1

The (in)actions of past management may or may not be an indicator of the actions of current management, much less future management.

Watch what they do (or don't do), not what they say.

From the front of Fest Haus to the effects on Adventure Express and Backlot Stunt Coaster to the splendid upkeep of what was Snoopy's Starlight Not So Spectacular, recent signs do not point to hope in this regard. What themeing works, and doesn't, on Banshee in, say, late October, will also be a sign.

• Like 6