Action Zone and X-Base join?

Son of Beast was unique...

I wish it was still there...

And Banshee too.

And King Cobra (Delirium has never been my favorite)

And Screamin' Demon.

The Antiques?

The Safari Monorail?

How about the Bavarian Beetle for that matter?

• Like 4

If you want to see how Kingda Ka would be if it were longer, take a look at Formula Rossa.

http://rcdb.com/4485.htm

Sure, its the fastest coaster in the world at nearly 150 mph and one of the longest at over 6,500 ft, but...

1. it launches straight into trims which defeats the purpose of launching that fast

2. all its elements are reeeaaaallllyyy drawn out, it looks really boring for a coaster that fast

I never really understood those who criticize Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster for being short. Do they forget what happens in that time span? You know, being blasted at triple digit speeds and soaring over 400 ft?

• Like 4

If you want to see how Kingda Ka would be if it were longer, take a look at Formula Rossa.

http://rcdb.com/4485.htm

Sure, its the fastest coaster in the world at nearly 150 mph and one of the longest at over 6,500 ft, but...

1. it launches straight into trims which defeats the purpose of launching that fast

2. all its elements are reeeaaaallllyyy drawn out, it looks really boring for a coaster that fast

I never really understood those who criticize Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster for being short. Do they forget what happens in that time span? You know, being blasted at triple digit speeds and soaring over 400 ft?

To me, they just seem like Drop Towers.

Yeah...towers normally (can't say completely don't because of Falcon's Fury) don't let you see the direction you're ascending or dropping. Seeing the ground rush up at you, whilst spiraling down like TTD and KK do is pretty awesome. I for one also love TTD's build up with the racing lights and engine sounds. Its very, very different from a dropping tower.

Also, no tower reaches 100+ mph nor comes close to the acceleration of Dragster of Kingda Ka.

• Like 3

Yeah...towers normally (can't say completely don't because of Falcon's Fury) don't let you see the direction you're ascending or dropping. Seeing the ground rush up at you, whilst spiraling down like TTD and KK do is pretty awesome. I for one also love TTD's build up with the racing lights and engine sounds. Its very, very different from a dropping tower.

Also, no tower reaches 100+ mph nor comes close to the acceleration of Dragster of Kingda Ka.

What I mean is you go up...

Then down

What I mean is you go up...

Then down

But you're simplifying things so much. There's more to Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster than what you're implying that make them very different from dropping towers, thus entirely different ride experiences.

For example, name me a tower that does this.

fba1d803mg0011lcu08002.jpg

Photo courtesy of RCDB.

• Like 5

So, BB7, your whole thesis is that to connect both Action Zone and X-Base, one must add in a launched attraction, which, somehow, would accomplish such a feat? All of this, by INTAMIN?

My head hurts.