Action Zone and X-Base join?

People can never be satisfied. When something comes that they wanted, they start speculation on what they need next.

It's the life of a Kings Island enthusiast. I'm always looking forward to the future of Kings Island. I can't even wait for what happens in 2018. Or 2030. What?! What can it be?!

• Like 9

People can never be satisfied. When something comes that they wanted, they start speculation on what they need next.

Thing about this is addiction, and adrenaline is like any drug, addicting. Once you start getting the same fix, you need more.

(Keep in mind that i dont drink OR do drugs, but different things are a drug considered by some)

• Like 3

What about Kings Island's 150th Anniversary? I won't even be alive then!

Hopefully I'll be around for their 100th!

"I'll tell you, grandkids...back then, we had this ride called Vortex...but it sank into the ground!"

*shock and awe on grandkids' faces*

"...and Son of Beast, don't even get me started..."

• Like 11

What about Kings Island's 150th Anniversary? I won't even be alive then!

Hopefully I'll be around for their 100th!

"I'll tell you, grandkids...back then, we had this ride called Vortex...but it sank into the ground!"

*shock and awe on grandkids' faces*

"...and Son of Beast, don't even get me started..."

" And then, they had this old ride called King Cobra, and it was a doozy. I never went on it, wasn't even born back then, but it was something special..."

I would say an expansion of Oktoberfest. And we just started off the 2014 season 4 weeks ago, and we art already trying to figure out 2015 haha. Enjoy Banshee for a while! She's new, she's fast, she's a "dime". Let's wait until mid season or during the fall to start talking about what's coming to the park. (Unless there is something clearly going on for something in the future).

I am certainly happy with what we have, but I don't see debating, or wondering, what will happen next as an issue :)

• Like 1

Plenty of room for flats between The Racer, AE and FOF.

That would certainly open up that area a lot and I would enjoy that, but, as I stated above, would you consider it an expansion of Oktoberfest or of Coney Mall?

I would look at it as an expansion of X-Base with perhaps a minor walkway around the end of The Racer. Keep in mind that (as has been already discussed) at the end of The Racer and AE is a pretty big drop in terrain that could prevent any kind of access from that end without major terrain adjustments. Bring in the RCT terrain raising tool.

• Like 1

Plenty of room for flats between The Racer, AE and FOF.

That would certainly open up that area a lot and I would enjoy that, but, as I stated above, would you consider it an expansion of Oktoberfest or of Coney Mall?

I would look at it as an expansion of X-Base with perhaps a minor walkway around the end of The Racer. Keep in mind that (as has been already discussed) at the end of The Racer and AE is a pretty big drop in terrain that could prevent any kind of access from that end without major terrain adjustments. Bring in the RCT terrain raising tool.

Bring in RCT bridge builder tool. One minute and you can have yourself an elegant wood covered bridge. :)

That would probably work out well, only issue is the entrance to X-Base is already a choke point nightmare. I feel that would only make it worse having an immediate left from the entrance.

• Like 1

Bring in RCT bridge builder tool. One minute and you can have yourself an elegant wood covered bridge. :)

That would probably work out well, only issue is the entrance to X-Base is already a choke point nightmare. I feel that would only make it worse having an immediate left from the entrance.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think there was ever an intention on expanding beyond FOF at first. They could....maybe,,,expand the X-Base entrance further back towards the lift hill of The Racer...I'm not an architect. Maybe a walkway between the games buildings to the additional entrance? (I'm sure that idea will go over well with some folks...LOL! :P )

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. I don't think there was ever an intention on expanding beyond FOF at first. They could....maybe,,,expand the X-Base entrance further back towards the lift hill of The Racer...I'm not an architect. Maybe a walkway between the games buildings to the additional entrance? (I'm sure that idea will go over well with some folks...LOL! :P )

The only way I see it working with an immediate left is if we shorten the exit of Flight of Fear(where the photo booth is) which, technically, could be done. I don't think they will though haha, and it will still be a choke point even with that, just a much lesser one. :rolleyes:

In all honesty though, as I have said many times, the next (bigger) attraction we get will take place in that great big box of metal in Rivertown.

• Like 1

If Cedar Fair were to ever get an RMC, what park do you think it would go to?

It would be Mean Streak at Cedar Point. One of the only coasters that's a walk on at Cedar Point. The other being Blue Streak, but just don't see that happening.