Flyers gone

DegenRider

I really doubt it. Most people are not going to Kings Island for the Flying Eagles, no matter if they are the only one that allows snapping. Only about 1/10 of the people snap I"m guessing. Because I usually see one person snapping. And before anyone jumps on me I've seen more than one, but that seems about the average.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, to add to that, why would PKI spend advertising dollars on the Flyers? That would be a waste of money on an old attraction that doesn't get that much ridership. I'm not saying it gets zero ridership, but not enough to spend advertising dollars on. As teeneageninja said, no one is flocking to the park for the Eagles.

Flight Commander was located in Coney Mall. The now dormant site where it once stood is right across the midway from Shake Rattle and Roll, a stonesthrow from the existing location of the Eagles. Flight Commander`s site is right next to the laser tag, which used to be home to a Cinema 180. Last year and for a couple season, the Flight Commander site was home to the Eurobungee trampolines. Before Flight Commander was built, the site was the home to the Zodiac, a giant double Ferris Wheel made by Intamin. That was probably more information than what you wanted, but I hoped I answered your question.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

The way a friend of mine described it, I thought it was in that pond infront of RT Larosas. He said it was over water, and that some kid fell out cause he wasnt wearing his seatbelt, and he hit the water and died, but the water was electrified cause of bad wiring, and a ride op jumped in to save the kid, and was electrocuted to death. ohmy.gif Sounds like BS but thats what he told me, so I figured the only place it could be was in that pond, but that seemed like an awful stupid place for a ride so I didnt really believe him anyway.

Acutally, that story your friend told is a combination of stories concerning PKI.

1) A drunk woman passed out and slid out of the restraints on Flight Commander

and fell to her death.

2) A man reached his hand into a pond (or something like that) and one of the lights

was unsheilded and began to electrocute him. I think an employee and security

guard tried to help him and were consequently electrocuted themselves. They

did manage to save the guy though.

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong as the details are a bit fuzzy to me.

Are they going to get rid of the Sprite Obey the Net basketball game or the Roadside Cafe to make room for the Italian Job? Yeah, it makes sense that they would move fliers over by the laser tag - especially if they are installing conduits. Will The Vortex Crew take over the Fliers or will The Beast crew still run it?

First of all the day was Black Sunday. I believe y ou could search for it but I'll just say what I remember.

1)Drunk woman slid out of Flight Commander, she unbuckled her seatbelt.

2)A drunk guy fell in a lake and a security officer jumped in after her. The security officer did die but the guy that fell in lived accordign to what I remember. This was why PKI did not sell alcohol for a few years.

Also I believe they are getting rid of the Sprite game, the Roadside Cafe, and the Icee shack. They will move Scooters across the midway (maybe) and install IJ:ST. I'm guessing AT will take over Scooters. It is already a long walk from Beast. If they aren't opening the second side of Action Theatre for the whole season next year than it will almost definitely be Action Theatre Scooters. This is up to the rides department, we'll see next year.

I hope they do get rid of Roadside Cafe. The place isn't ever open during the week and it seems like a waste of space. One good thing about Roadside CAfe is that the food is a little cheaper. I also hope the park adds a path through the tiques plot of land. It is a pain to walk all the way around.

2)A drunk guy fell in a lake and a security officer jumped in after her. The security officer did die but the guy that fell in lived accordign to what I remember. This was why PKI did not sell alcohol for a few years.

Incorrect, the gentlemen in the pond WAS NOT drunk. He was retrieving a lost article.

• 2 weeks later...

Take it for what's it worth, but recently in the Carowinds newsletter featured a picture of Flying Scooters while they were hinting at the 2005 season.

It could very well be a new attraction, but if PKI did decide to not bring them back...

• 5 months later...