Season pass question

robinss8

Hi this is my first year getting a gold season pass and I have a quick question. My sister also got a gold pass this year, but her boyfriend was the one who purchased the pass online for her. On her season pass voucher it lists her boyfriend's name as the purchaser. It also says photo ID may be required to redeem the season pass. So will she still be allowed to redeem the pass even though she was not the one who purchased it? Thanks for the help!

I have had a similar situation. Typically, anyone can redeem the voucher. The photo ID is for identification purposes in putting your name on the pass.

As always, though, neither KICentral nor myself are representatives of nor affiliated with Kings Island. I recommend calling the park for the most accurate answers possible to your questions.

• Like 5

The free standard parking is the perk......preferred parking would be an upgrade with additional cost.

If indeed they do allow this (never tried myself) I think it would be an additional $7 since if I recall correctly the parking was $15 & $22 respectively.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

At this time yes you are correct one with valid Gold Pass can pay the difference between the Standard parking rate and the Preferred parking rate that is posted for that date. I have done this for many years to include my last visit this past Saturday.

• Like 2

Again, my answer is based on last season and not this year, but in the past, I've seen the $12 parking price used on weekends and holidays while parking was $10 on other days. Perhaps this year, it has been moved to $15 and $12, respectively.

Parking was $12/$20 for regular/preferred in 2012, $12/$20 and $15/$22 on Saturdays in 2013. :) Seems to be the same this season.

• Like 1

Hi.

Me and my wife will be visiting from Europe.

On our US-parks-tour we have among KI some other CF-parks (Worlds of Fun, KI and CP).
We will be having Worlds of Fun Platinum Passes. The info on CF's pages isn't all that complete and I have the following questions I was hoping some of you could help me out with.

I did ask the parks in question themselves but I get no or vague answers.

1. I know I have unlimited access to the different Cedar Fair parks. I assume regular parking is included with all these parks as well?

2. The Platinum Pass gives access to some early riding on some of the park's rides. Can I join in on early riding at KI and CP with a Platinum Pass from Worlds of Fun?

Perhaps I don't have to consider the Platinum Passes as being 'park-related' but as a general Cedar Fair season pass?

Thanks for any additional info. Much appreciated.

Platinum passes should work for ERT and parking at every Cedar Fair park where those options are offered. If I'm understanding what you mean by general Cedar Fair passes, yes that is how you should think of a platinum pass.

If you have any other questions, I'm sure everyone on here will be able to help. However, it usually best to just get the information from the park by contacting them, as we aren't "official."

I hope you enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

Hi.

On our US-parks-tour we have among KI some other CF-parks (Worlds of Fun, KI and CP).

We will be having Worlds of Fun Platinum Passes. The info on CF's pages isn't all that complete and I have the following questions I was hoping some of you could help me out with.

1. I know I have unlimited access to the different Cedar Fair parks. I assume regular parking is included with all these parks as well?

2. The Platinum Pass gives access to some early riding on some of the park's rides. Can I join in on early riding at KI and CP with a Platinum Pass from Worlds of Fun?

Perhaps I don't have to consider the Platinum Passes as being 'park-related' but as a general Cedar Fair season pass?

1. Yes, they'll scan your pass at the toll plaza. On the first visit when you get it processed, they'll scan the season pass voucher.

2. Yes. As far as I know, they include the perks at all the parks.

• Like 1

Hi.

Platinum Passes are 'Gold Passes' extended to all CF parks, and parking is included regardless of the 'home' park. You'll get whatever the pass perks are, for the park you're attending - they are not all the same. KI hasn't had special Platinum perks, but CP does. The ERT will be included, but check the website for additional perks (Millennium Force walk-back, late-night riding, etc). Have a *great* time!

And if you have questions about other parks, ask away. Many of us have been to many, some here have been to most. Some live far closer to other Cedar Fair parks than KI, for example. One poster here frequently goes to Knott's Berry Farm. Another to Carowinds. Many to Cedar Point. Another adores Six Flags Great Adventure.

Terp, who is far closer to KD, Dorney...for example (and SFA is 17 miles away), yet goes to KI far more often.

• Like 4

Also, it takes more than one visit to another Cedar Fair park to make up the difference between a Gold and Platinum pass. If you are only planning to make a single one-day trip to Cedar Point, look into how much a general admission ticket costs and compare it to what you would spend for a Platinum pass. For us, a one day admission to Canada's Wonderland and another one day admission to Cedar Point plus what we paid for our Gold passes is still cheaper than a Platinum pass.

• Like 1