Whats the worst rumor about PKI of all time?

TheSnapper

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exaggerated death stories. Yes, there have been deaths, but I've heard rumors of other deaths that did not happen like the supposed death on The Bat.

Also, they are removing the Eiffel Tower and will be replcaing it with a huge Jeffrey Siebert statue so all can worship him properly. They will be able to utilize the new elevators. tongue.gif

Yeah and his mouth will move when he says "Ladies and Gentleman Smoking is not permited in any line here at Paramounts Kings Island". it will be 450' ft tall and have a rollercoaster going all the way to the top and then drop all the way down to the ground! The worlds tallest fastest coaster of all time!

Not really a rumor, but a friend of mine (the same one who told me about the Flight Commander), before my first visit to PKI told me that I ABSOLUTELY HAD to ride the Timberwolf. Its like the best ride in the midwest! It supposedly won all these rewards and stuff. He said I better get to the park early so I dont have to wait in line all day. Got there and its a freakin' theater! biggrin.gif

Found out later, he tells that to all PKI Newbees. He likes them to make fools of themselves as they wander around aimlessly looking for this spectacular ride!

About The Vortex stalling cause of poor staffing, it might be possible. I notice while coming back to the station that there is a large round object underneath the station. Maybe trolls run circles on it and this drives the chain. But even then, once the train builds up its gravitational potential energy at the top of the lift, it cant stall. The worst that could happen is that the block brakes do not engage and the train flies through the station taking out anything in its path! So I guess that rumors dead either day.

About Hoskins, there is one easy way to find out what happens. Sobrider can get in his garbage recepticle of doom and travel into the future to see if he ever got his job back. Or if I ever get a job there at all! laugh.gif No offense intedended, Hoskins...

Yeah, thats been done before. And both me and Hoskins were about to do it, but didnt since he did it first.

But heres another rumor. She swears it happened, but I dont think its possible, so I call it a rumor. A friend of mine said that she is afraid to ride Vortex because when she rode it last time, when it was going down the drop, the OTSR flipped up over her head, and she grabbed it and pulled it back down. But it stayed locked the rest of the ride. I dont think thats possible. The Vortex OTSRs are hydraulically locked arent they? So I would say that is an unlikely one.

Sorry Bryan.

Vortex restraints are not hydraulically contorolled, they're held together with bolts. With a OTSR coming up over your friends head, thats impossible unless it was unlocked the whole ride. So if your leaving the station with your restraint unlocked it'll stay that way the whole ride.

Now that you mention it, I agree. The OTSRs must be ratcheting. Even though they dont make a clicking noise while going down, once they are down, if its loose you can pull on it and it will click again. So they must be ratcheting.

I noticed that the point the OTSRs lock is when the gates close. And that corresponds to that long thing under the train going down. Does that long bar engage with something on the bottom of the train when it is raised that allows the restraints to move. Then I guess when it lowers, it must release some kind of mechanism on the bottom of the car that locks all the restraints on the car.

But yeah, I didnt think that was possible. I told her it probably just felt like the OTSR went up because of the forces. But thats impossible. But I do always have a fear in the back of my mind that the restraints will unlock on the corkscrew! laugh.gif

I don't remember a clicking noise. Maybe thats because I put mine down before they engage the locking mechanisms. But I always lower it so its comfortable, then sit there and wait for the ride to begin. And when I lower it, it comes down nice and smooth - I dont feel any clicks, or hear them for that matter.

I never notice the sound it makes though when they lower one after the gates have closed though. Maybe thats when it makes the noise. Cause I always hop on and lower it right away - while the gates are still open.

I do know top gun does it though. You can't pull it down until the gates close. And then when you do, you can hear and feel the clicks.

I'll pay extra attention on Saturday and see if I can hear it. Ill wait to pull down my OTSR until after the gates close and see if it does it. But I know for sure that it doesn't do it if you pull it down before the gates close.

• 2 weeks later...