Whats the worst rumor about PKI of all time?

TheSnapper

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks! GREAT to be on vacation near my home state of OHIO! I "grew up" going to King's Island and LOVE the park; I am now an M.D. and PHD in Neurology in NYC, but sure miss Ohio and the park!!

The worst rumour I have heard about the park is a complete "Urban Myth" I have heard - worldwide!!

It is that early in the park's history, the Ohio Players were recording a live album, and there is an audible scream in the song; the "urban myth" is that it is a girl, falling to her death from the "Red Racer" and "Blue Racer" roller coaster!!

This is COMPLETE crap; I have checked, re-checked, etc. BUT, people are "hell-bent" upon their "accepting" false rumors: I won a $500 bet with two such folks who insisted Arnold Schwarzeneggar holds a masters degree in Physics!! This is totally untrue; but he did get some type of business degree before his forray into movies and now of course politics!!

By the way, can anyone tell me about "Oktoberfest" at the park? Also, I am single- never married, and LOVE Ohio women!!

best to all!!

john m

Oktoberfest (themeing wise) just got smaller with the conversion of the german food stand to Gump's Shrimp Shack. In fact, it's just a name given to the area now, since the only thing remotely german in the whole place is the glockenspiel (god knows I'm guessing at the spelling) on the front of the Festhaus.

Well, from what I`ve heard, the park has already dismanteled the ride and part of the queue line for the Eagles. Do I agree with the dcision? No, but it is a decision that Paramoount Parks made, and Kings Island and us must live to deal without the Eagles. Besides, at least the park is getting a new coaster next year with what looks to be some decent theming.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why God Why????

Unnecessary.

I consider myself a big time fliers enthuiast. And once again I will say, we had many good memories, but the fliers are gone now. We are getting a new roller coaster in exchange. And remember than many more people, maybe millions, will continue to be entertained on the ride.

Plus there are fliers at Strickers Grove, Lesourdsville Lake and Hershey Park. But you can't snap on the first two, and you aren't allowed to snap on the third.

Keep in mind that any and all rides PKI gets in the future will be themed to a movie. The only reason they built SOB and named it SOB is that it is a tie-in to The Beast. But if we get a giga-coaster, it will be based on a Paramount Movie. But an Intamin Giga Coaster would be really cool!

Probably not for 06, but I am sure we will get another large scale steel coaster soon. The last 'major' coaster we got was SOB in 2000. Personally, I can really see a B&M invert like Top Gun: The Jet Coaster at Carowinds opening at PKI themed to Skycaptain and the World of Tomorrow. But as far as a giga coaster (giga is 300 feet right?), I am sure we will get something along those lines in the next decade.

Personally, I can really see a B&M invert like Top Gun: The Jet Coaster at Carowinds opening at PKI themed to Skycaptain and the World of Tomorrow.  But as far as a giga coaster (giga is 300 feet right?), I am sure we will get something along those lines in the next decade.

Personally, I think your wrong on both accounts.

Personally, I can really see a B&M invert like Top Gun: The Jet Coaster at Carowinds opening at PKI themed to Skycaptain and the World of Tomorrow.  But as far as a giga coaster (giga is 300 feet right?), I am sure we will get something along those lines in the next decade.

Personally, I think your wrong on both accounts.

I'm rolling with you on this one, Sparky. I've said on the other site, the 2nd gold age of coasters is coming to a close... will they get a new one in the next decade? Maybe, but probably not. I think we'll see more Hollywood-esque experiences in the next decade or so. I'm thinking more like dark rides, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's time that King's Island to start thinking big with coasters. We're starting the coaster race again with Cedar Point. After Cedar Point came out with Millenium, Wicked Twister and Top Thrill within four years we fell behind. Hopefully with IJ it'll start that race up again. So maybe in a few years we might see something big come out.

Thats what I have been saying all along! IJST will usher in the platinum age of roller coaster design! j/k But I do expect some major coasters from PKI!

Dude we're not going to get anything big for a LONG LONG time, if ever...TRUST me...i know more than you dude.

Why would PKI enter the coaster race? In all honesty, PKI has its niche in Ohio right now in the family park. Thats why we arent seeing a lot of big name coasters at PKI being built. PKI, in recent years, is gearing right where there is a gaping hole in the industry, enough big rides to encourage teens and adults, and enough kiddie rides to entice the parents to come. So why keep building these big coasters?

Dude we're not going to get anything big for a LONG LONG time, if ever...TRUST me...i know more than you dude.

Actually, you know nothing, we feed you BS to keep you entertained, so all you get is the crap we tell you, you dont even work in the park so be quiet.

Second, i think it would be nice if we built a bigger coaster, doesnt even have to be 300ft, just a nice steel 200 footer, and the Pki collection would almost be flawless. Then again it would be nice to see something like Kraken at BG, or MF at CP

Most definitely.

PKI is not re-entering the coaster race. Why would they when this race will soon be coming to an end? It think even Cedar Point has realized that there's more to parks than coasters. Some seem to believe that CP will install a flat for next year. I say kudos to them. They are now following what PKI has been moving toward for the past few years or so....more family friendly. Truthfully, if you look at CP's past, before the coaster boom, it was 10 years in between coasters, essentially.

Most definitely.

PKI is not re-entering the coaster race. Why would they when this race will soon be coming to an end? It think even Cedar Point has realized that there's more to parks than coasters. Some seem to believe that CP will install a flat for next year. I say kudos to them. They are now following what PKI has been moving toward for the past few years or so....more family friendly. Truthfully, if you look at CP's past, before the coaster boom, it was 10 years in between coasters, essentially.

For next year Cedar Point is coming out with a Delirium where their "White Water Canyon" used to be.