Whats the worst rumor about PKI of all time?

TheSnapper

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why people are saying that "PKI can't re-enter the coaster race" or "PKI needs to stick to the family theme." Are thrill-seekers like us NOT part of the family? I believe we are. We probably won't see anything of the "large" sort until 2007, and that's being early about it. Nagashima Spa Land has Steel Dragon 2000 (SBNO, by the way) and doesn't have any other real record-breakers.

Point being? There's no amusement park lawbook that says, "If a park (herein so that a park being any entity managing, operating and/or owning amusement rides, not limited to rollercoasters, flat rides, dark rides, 'kiddie rides,' water rides or entertainment) chooses to fund, construct and operate a large (large equating to a scale of (but not limited to) a height of 200 ft., length of 5000 ft., or ride capacity of (but not less than) 1200 persons per hour) coaster, the park must (re)enter its bid in line (such that a line of parks exists on a state/national/international list) of the other parks (parks fitting the above description) which are in constant addition (inthat construction, funding and operation of a 'large' ride occurs in a successive order with breaks in the process(es) occuring for no more than sixty (60) business days) of rides to the park."

Decipher that, *****es!!!

laugh.gif

Call me stupid, but by 2014, PKI will have another coaster, and I think it will be a big one. Maybe not over 200 feet, but big like Vortex. IJST is basically a highly themed Adventure Express, or in other words, a really mild family ride, probably along the lines of Rugrats Runaway Reptar. We will get something a little more thrilling by 2014. Face/Off is not a big coaster in size, but its big in my book, cause its a major attraction, and a real scream machine. So I think that by 2014 we will get something cool. They aren't going to remove Vortex and put in a ferris wheel. If they do, Ill move to Sandusky! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

That is exactly one decade from now! huh.gif Im making the point that we will get another coaster in the next ten years. I am sure that Vortex will come down sometime in the next 10 years (or be retracked) and same with top gun. And like I said, they aren't going to replace Vortex with a ferris wheel. Not just because Vortex is cool, but businesswise, it would be a dumb decision.

Vortex is fine. The track is fine. It won't be retracked or reprofiled unless a) someone magically figures out how to burn part of it down or cool.gif only PART of it mysteriously gets damaged in a tornado...

Unless someone in upper-level management goes ape****, Vortex could be around until 2020. That's a long way off, but honestly; who knows how old Arrow coasters can get before they need to be sent to the chopping block? 30 years isn't that old. Hell, Cedar Creek Mine Ride was built in '69, meaning it's 35 years old.

Top Gun (if real estate in that area grows in value) could be taken out within 15 years, but it's doubtful. I have an odd feeling that Arrow Suspended models will become a rare breed down the line.

The park has space. If used wisely and planned for carefully, they could keep removals to a minimum.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they did something to Vortex, i've only been on it a few days when i haven't felt like i had a concussion after getting off of it, but the funny thing is the last ride on train three, the worst train we had(ti'll they took it apart and sent it off for inspection) that i took was surprisingly smooth... alot of people get sick on Vortex so it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they made it gentler on peoples tummies too... OH YOU GOTTA LOVE VOBAN...

The whole thrill seeker family thing..... i have heard more 12-18 year olds B!tch about how there really arent that many exciting rides that are really good. So all of you are wrong on the " oh we need to move to the family park, blah blah blah"

Kids are thrill seekers too you know.

All I know is I said that PKI won't re-enter the coaster race, not that they can't. They are not interested in taking the park in that direction. It doesn't mean they won't build any more coasters, it just means they are not trying to compete for the most or tallest or fasest. That's all.

I don't think The Vortex is very rough at all. I never knew this until I joined some of these coaster communitites, but many factors can contribute to the kind of ride you get...i.e. weather, the seat you're in, whether maintenance put new wheels on, etc.

Ask Frank or Tower Tom??? What happened in Boat 14... OH and i know the best rumor... Frank dived in from Tower 2 with the dingy thing and a rope and saved a deer, or how about how he lasso'd the deer and saved it. What were other stories about him saving that deer. ph34r.gif

• 4 weeks later...

The worst rumor that I had ever heard was that Disney was going to buy the park.

That wasnt a rumor Disney was looking for a chain of parks to buy so they could have other disney parks so tourists wouldnt have to go so far if they didnt want to this all happened in the very early 90's but disney couldnt locate any parks willing to sell...no deals were made.

• 2 weeks later...