Whats the worst rumor about PKI of all time?

TheSnapper

Probably the dummest rumor that I heard was that PKI was subsidizing The Beach Water Park to keep them in business. Why would any business spend money to help its competition? That was a dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb rumor.

Have a great off season!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, Cedar Point is better than PKI.  tongue.gif

I agree and disagree on that. When it comes to the rides, Cedar Point kicks ass! But when it comes to the employees, Cedar Point sucks.

Yeah, most of their employees do suck. On Magnum, I thought I got the worst treatment of all, but on MF, they were interactive and having a good time.

You know there is a message board for that other park. If you don’t like PKI why don’t you go there. Seriously I thought this site was for fans of the park not trash talkers. How about doing something productive on here besides putting a park down. The only negative thing I have ever had to say about CP how cramped it is there. They cram all those rides and customers on that small island. If I wanted to talk about CP I would be on that message board. How about a little respect for those of us who want to get on here and communicate with others who love PKI.

familyman, Cedar Point DOES NOT HAVE A SPACE PROBLEM!

If Kings Island would just build some big rollercoasters but still maintain the family feeling, it would a much better park and I would enjoy it more.

Wasn’t PKI rated #1 recently? Yep sure was. And PKI is gaining on CP when it comes to coasters. I love amusement parks. We are very fortunate to live in a state that has so many of them. What I am saying is if you don’t have anything productive to say then take it somewhere else. We can all tell you love CP. Free world and all I am just getting sick of people bashing my favorite park. Ohoo and by the way here is a link if you don’t already have it to a CP message group. http://www.pointbuzz.com/cpplace.aspx

Wasn’t PKI rated #1 recently? Yep sure was. And PKI is gaining on CP when it comes to coasters. I love amusement parks. We are very fortunate to live in a state that has so many of them. What I am saying is if you don’t have anything productive to say then take it somewhere else. We can all tell you love CP. Free world and all I am just getting sick of people bashing my favorite park. Ohoo and by the way here is a link if you don’t already have it to a CP message group. http://www.pointbuzz.com/cpplace.aspx

^It was rated #1? In what? (other than kiddy land)

http://www.amusementtoday.com/2004gtaParkAndRide.html

Kings Island was voted #1 in Best Kids Area. Cedar Point was voted #1 in Best Park.

Kings Island will have 13 coasters when IJ:ST opens. Cedar Point has 16. PKI hasn't built a worthy coaster since 2000. Cedar Point has built three record breaking roller coasters since 2000. So if you think PKI is closing in on the coaster count, then you are sadly mistaken.

On another note, I have an account at PointBuzz, I post there frequently. Just because I like Cedar Point more than Kings Island, doesn't mean I hate Kings Island.

In terms of attendance, PKI actually topped Cedar Point to take the top spot in amusement park attendance for Ohio. As quoted from another post a little while back.

And as far as your comment about PKI not building a worthy coaster since 2000. When was the last well themed ride Cedar Point built? PKI has been busy building an overall theme park much like universal. the IJST will not break any records but CP has nothing that can even come close to it.

Heres the difference between PKI and Cedar Point

PKI is a theme park with an emphasize in their kiddy area

Cedar Point is a thrill park who is interested in building big rides

Both parks decided to go that route because thats what draws people to their repective parks, both parks are good, no need to argue over it.

You know there is a message board for that other park. If you don’t like PKI why don’t you go there. Seriously I thought this site was for fans of the park not trash talkers. How about doing something productive on here besides putting a park down. The only negative thing I have ever had to say about CP how cramped it is there. They cram all those rides and customers on that small island. If I wanted to talk about CP I would be on that message board. How about a little respect for those of us who want to get on here and communicate with others who love PKI.

Amen to that!!!!

I'm sorry, and I dont normally get into these arguements, but this is crazy! This is a PKI site w/ many fans and crew members. If you cant say anything nice, then DONT post. Again, as someone mention, we know that BEN LOVES CP. Give it up Ben and drop the subject.

Kings Island will have 13 coasters when IJ:ST opens. Cedar Point has 16. PKI hasn't built a worthy coaster since 2000. Cedar Point has built three record breaking roller coasters since 2000. So if you think PKI is closing in on the coaster count, then you are sadly mistaken.

Just cause they are big and tall doesnt mean they are all that fun! Like TTD will be nothing in 3 years but however The Beast, Son of Beast and most of PKI's rollercoasters will keep their value over alot more than Cedar Point's does. And Wicked Twister sucks by the way!

Sorry, gotta disagree. Wicked Twister rocks! It is true that the last good coaster at PKI was SOB in 2000. Some may even argue against that. And, believe me, TTD, MF, Raptor, Mantis are all great and will continue to be.

And, instead of telling people to leave here, why don't you suggest they visit the community forums where you can discuss Cedar Point and other parks?

Well put Boddah! laugh.gif

If all you like is dropping 300+ feet at a hundred miles per hour, then CP is for you. IJST will be relatively low in G-force (though it will have some good spots). However the expierence will be incredible. I am particularly intrigued at how the cars will actually fishtail around corners and move up and down on the stairs. That will be really cool.