Delirium Photo Shoot

teenageninja

Pretty nice day out with a bad forecast. It only rained for little bits twice I think, one during lunch.

Delirium-8 Rides

This ride kicks so much unbelievable rear end it isn't even funny. Looking straight down at the ground at 137 feet is insane, and so is looking at Son of Beast almost up-side down. I can't wait to ride again. We did get out early though at 3:30, but Jeff Siebert and Dave Mandt took us past the new Chinese resteraunt which took place of All-Star Cafe and Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion. I am sad we didn't get to ride it, but the pictures of the castle do it no justice. Delirium does not have lights on the bottom, but has the Drop Zone style spot lights. There were some problems with the drop down floor, but we weren't shooting for capacity today. I met quite a few nice people and don't regret riding Delirium 8 times, although my stomach does. Can't wait for Scooby.

Let me tell you all, SCOOBY-DOO looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I was also at the photo shoot ( I met teenageninja )and when they took us by it, jsut the outside of the castle is incredible. Delirium delivered better than I expected, and it is a GREAT ride! However, Scooby got me more excited than anything and the park looks awesome! Teenageninja was correct, the PKI.COM photos does it no justice. The Mandarin resturaunt looks great! and the fountains will blow you away! You guys will not be dissapointed this season, not at all.

It was great to meet some of you at the photo shoot today.

Now on to the meat: Delirium is an instant winner friends. Don't let the rather slow spin rate fool you. The super amazing speed of the swinging action is where this ride gets its claws. I was truly amazed at how intense it is, I especially love when you get to the top of the swing and the seating ring rotates halfway. You can get some odd cases where you are going up looking at the sky, float up against your shoulder bar, then the seats have rotatesdd around enough where you are going down looking straight at the ground.

Main is it going to be awesome. I would hit this one early on in the day.

As we all know Delirium is awesome and not over rated in anyway. Scooby looks great and should become a signature ride for the park. But what was really interesting to me was the new fastpass lines that could be seen on Scooby and Delirium. It's definetly a change of pace for the park. Mandarin Cuisine or whatever it was called looked very good and finnaly gives the International Street a little taste of International food. The Bubba Gump Shrimp place looks very good and big. I couldn't see Subway but I'm sure it'll fit in nicely. The park is coming together, but most posters from the end of 2002 are still hanging around in display boxes, but alot of painting and serious maintenance was going on, so 2003 should be a very good year for PKI. Oh yeah, though Kylee Bernardo insists that the King Cobra landspace(Delirium takes up only half of it)has no new ride construction on it, it does look leveled and several bulldozers and trucks could be seen there. However they are most likely just cleaning up after the heavy Delirium construction. But overall the whole lot of Delirium, from covered que line, computer and power house, to station, all has nice plants and mulch surrounding it. And if your in the que line when the ride comes down your in for a very strong gust of wind.

Oh it will definitely blow you away. Literally it's worse than Drop Zone when it drops. Also there is no theming, no funny signs, no test seat, but Jeff said that it is a 4 intensity rating, and the entrance sign looks kind of like the old 60's neon lights. There are a few light beacons around the ride taht will be lit and maybe flash. Meeting INraider was odd especially with his PM to me last night that was pretty funny. Overall I thought it was a success and the food was darn good too.

The only thing that is wrong with Delirium is the construction site in the back, which I think will be for some sort of flat big or small. It could also be a station for a coaster, but god I hope not there anyways. I think KI would have fixed that area back there if they weren't planning on something next year.

The only thing that is wrong with Delirium is the construction site in the back, which I think will be for some sort of flat big or small. It could also be a station for a coaster, but god I hope not there anyways. I think KI would have fixed that area back there if they weren't planning on something next year.

Hate to burst your bubble Joe but it's only access road for maintance. biggrin.gif