Big Coasters In Future?

Banshee Back VII

Themed Water-Based rides seem really, really awesome from the POV's I have seen of some of them, like the ones at Islands of Adventure (Jurassic Park River Adventure is basically #1 on my I-gotta-ride-that list when I visit that park) so I can totally agree with your idea Voicetek. B)

Even if I know Kings Island will likely never get anything THAT themed...well, we can dream right? :P

• Like 3

Popeye's Bilgewater Barges.....

Ripsaw Falls...

Also must-rides if I ever get to Universal & IOA, to be honest. Possibly even more than the coasters they have. ;)

(No offense- Hulk, Dragon Challenge, etc etc. look very fun but those water rides...)

• Like 1

I have to agree with everyone who's said it- Kings Island has a nice, solid coaster lineup already and thus, before it gets to adding any more new coasters, the flat ride lineup could use some work (although Kings Island does have a nice flat ride selection even now, more flats could be used). On the more family-oriented side, stuff like Flying Eagles, Tilt-A-Whirl, etc etc. It wouldn't hurt to add another "big" thrilling flat ride like a Screamin' Swing either. The kids area has not gotten any true new attractions since 2006 (Planet Snoopy was just a re-theme in 2010), so if some family flat rides are added, they could go there. A new dark ride would also be awesome, since Boo Blasters has apparently deteriorated since my last visit (I rode it in 2010 and have yet to re-ride it, so I don't know what it's like now). Even a newer in-park water ride would be welcome...though it'd likely be a Mack since Intamin has really had problems with those recently.

Another non-coaster area that needs improvement in the ride lineup would be the waterslides at the waterpark. All of them are fairly old, with the "big thrill" waterslide being a ProSlide Funnel built in 2004. Go to Holiday World's waterpark, Splashin' Safari, and ride Zinga (another funnel) then compare that to Bakuli, Wildebeest, Mammoth, or Hyena Falls...yeah, Kings Island could use some new more modern water slides and perhaps a second "lazy" river (since they turned the current one "Action"). A Behemoth Bowl, Multi-Slide Complex, Water Coaster...there are a LOT of options KI could do in the waterpark.

After all that, then we come back to the coaster lineup, which is actually pretty solid right now. A B&M Invert was the "big hole" in the lineup, and it's been filled. As for what the park can do there...there are some good options. A Giga (as long as it's very different from DB layout-wise), Floorless, Wing Rider/4th Dimension (if I can choose, 4D), Modern Woodie (GCI, GG, or RMC) or Blitz (Intamin is out but I think other companies, like Mack, do do this ride type) would all be good fits for the park.

And that ends my big post. :P

I also think a GREAT addition would be a Dive Machine. Think about it. The nearest one is in BGW.

I have to agree with everyone who's said it- Kings Island has a nice, solid coaster lineup already and thus, before it gets to adding any more new coasters, the flat ride lineup could use some work (although Kings Island does have a nice flat ride selection even now, more flats could be used). On the more family-oriented side, stuff like Flying Eagles, Tilt-A-Whirl, etc etc. It wouldn't hurt to add another "big" thrilling flat ride like a Screamin' Swing either. The kids area has not gotten any true new attractions since 2006 (Planet Snoopy was just a re-theme in 2010), so if some family flat rides are added, they could go there. A new dark ride would also be awesome, since Boo Blasters has apparently deteriorated since my last visit (I rode it in 2010 and have yet to re-ride it, so I don't know what it's like now). Even a newer in-park water ride would be welcome...though it'd likely be a Mack since Intamin has really had problems with those recently.

Another non-coaster area that needs improvement in the ride lineup would be the waterslides at the waterpark. All of them are fairly old, with the "big thrill" waterslide being a ProSlide Funnel built in 2004. Go to Holiday World's waterpark, Splashin' Safari, and ride Zinga (another funnel) then compare that to Bakuli, Wildebeest, Mammoth, or Hyena Falls...yeah, Kings Island could use some new more modern water slides and perhaps a second "lazy" river (since they turned the current one "Action"). A Behemoth Bowl, Multi-Slide Complex, Water Coaster...there are a LOT of options KI could do in the waterpark.

After all that, then we come back to the coaster lineup, which is actually pretty solid right now. A B&M Invert was the "big hole" in the lineup, and it's been filled. As for what the park can do there...there are some good options. A Giga (as long as it's very different from DB layout-wise), Floorless, Wing Rider/4th Dimension (if I can choose, 4D), Modern Woodie (GCI, GG, or RMC) or Blitz (Intamin is out but I think other companies, like Mack, do do this ride type) would all be good fits for the park.

And that ends my big post. :P

I also think a GREAT addition would be a Dive Machine. Think about it. The nearest one is in BGW.

Honestly, I forgot about them. :wacko: Yeah, that would also fit in with the current line-up fairly well. Granted there are only 2 in all of North America, and both of those are at Busch Gardens parks, so it'd be a first for Cedar Fair, but I don't know if Busch still has the "exclusive" tag on them or not.

I also think a GREAT addition would be a Dive Machine. Think about it. The nearest one is in BGW. The only thing that should be diving with the next coaster addition is diving from 300ft+ feet, made by a Swiss manufacture that starts with a I, and ends with a N. Otherwise the only addition from B&M i would like would be a Floor-less Coaster.

• Like 2

I think the perfect addition for a next coaster would be a Mack water coaster. I think Kings Island needs more intermediate rides; rides that are more exciting than what's in Planet Snoopy, but not up to par with the likes of Banshee, Beast, Vortex and Diamondback. Specifically, something with a height requirement between 36-48 inches. I also think Kings Island could use one more water ride in the 'dry' park. Mack water coaster fits both roles perfectly.

If going log flume specific, I'd go for a Hopkins flume. I really enjoyed Daredevil Falls at Dollywood; I'd love to see something like that in Rivertown.

I also have to agree with others wanting flat rides. Maybe Kings Island can get a wild mouse and a few flats to go with it, much like Knott's did with their Boardwalk expansion.

• Like 5

I think the perfect addition for a next coaster would be a Mack water coaster. I think Kings Island needs more intermediate rides; rides that are more exciting than what's in Planet Snoopy, but not up to par with the likes of Vortex, Beast, Vortex and Diamondback. Specifically, something with a height requirement between 36-48 inches. I also think Kings Island could use one more water ride in the 'dry' park. Mack water coaster fits both roles perfectly.

If going log flume specific, I'd go for a Hopkins flume. I really enjoyed Daredevil Falls at Dollywood; I'd love to see something like that in Rivertown.

I also have to agree with others wanting flat rides. Maybe Kings Island can get a wild mouse and a few flats to go with it, much like Knott's did with their Boardwalk expansion.

Wasn't aware there are two Vortexes now.

The only thing that should be diving with the next coaster addition is diving from 300ft+ feet, made by a Swiss manufacture that starts with a I, and ends with a N. Otherwise the only addition from B&M i would like would be a Floor-less Coaster.

Intamin, Intamin, Intamin.

The park desperately needs an Intamin. Additions could include (choose up to 3):

1. Launched Blitz (Like Maverick)

2. Giga (MF and I305)

3. Zacspin (Green Lantern)

4. Woodie

5. Water Coaster

6. Strata (Longer than TTD and KK)

7. Wing Rider

I'd personally choose, with Kings Island's current budget, 1. Giga 2. Launched Blitz 3. Either Water Coaster or Zacspin.

• Like 2

The only thing that should be diving with the next coaster addition is diving from 300ft+ feet, made by a Swiss manufacture that starts with a I, and ends with a N. Otherwise the only addition from B&M i would like would be a Floor-less Coaster.

Intamin, Intamin, Intamin.

Please, for the love of......let me share with you of a tale of a user similar to you.

Once upon a time, there was a user named YoungStud, who was spoken of as BigSexy. He loved INTAMIN attractions, he did love them quite alot. He posed ideas that there was an INTAMIN attraction to come, yet those never came. Well, YoungStud became somewhat of a character here, making some memories many users will never forget, some great, some terrible. Long story short: One day he took it too far, for his INTAMIN enthusiasm, along with other things which led to trolling the community and breaking the TOS in light of the Moderators, was so exuberant, that he was forced to stop.

He got Thor's Ban Hammer.

Moral of the story: Don't troll/spam about INTAMIN products.

I would say a ProSlide HydroMAGNETIC PIPEline would be our best bet in comparison to GWL. It would be an excellent addition anywhere in the park, preferably somewhere to which it wouldn't take up too much of the scenery of the woods in contrast to the waterpark.

BB1 PSA: Please note that BB1 IS NOT BB7, nor has any affiliation with the user.

• Like 4

I agree with a Dive Machine.

The track size alone makes them look massive. I love driving toward BGT on Busch Blvd and see SheiKra above the buildings and trees.

As much positive things I hear from people after they ride Banshee, I believe B&M's win at KI, and a B&M Dive Machine would be great for the park and area.

This time, have a splash zone near the water brake.

• Like 2

I had a dream about a dive machine at Kings Island. Since then, it's been reoccurring. And btw, the new dive trains are floorless.

The only drawback (for the enthusiast) to this type of ride is that they are limited. After a cool gimmick they lose momentum quickly and the trains are too wide for many types of inversions.

I'm not saying I'd hate one here by any means, it just feels like the coaster line up is quite good and the park could use other upgrades first.

• Like 2

I mentioned that i would like the addition of a B&M Floor less coaster, BigSexy and Youngstud would never say such a thing. ProSlide make true water coasters the rest aka Mack and Intamin are roller-coasters with splashdowns.

• Like 5

I always thought wild mouse coasters looked lame until I rode one with my daughter at Legoland Florida. It was surprisingly very fun. Looks can be deceiving.

And, ironically, with the exception of Exterminator, most spinning mice are very tame by comparison.

And, at least around Ohio, many people I know try to judge the merits of Wild Mouse coasters by their WildCat experience. WildCat was not really a wild mouse coaster, at least not a traditional one. A traditional Wild Mouse coaster (IE: unbanked hairpin turns with a couple of sudden drops thrown in) can be a ridiculous amount of fun. I've only ridden one (non-spinning) wild mouse and that was Ricochet at Carowinds. That coaster is a blast, and I'd love to have one at Kings Island. I'd take a spinning mouse if it was as good as Exterminator, but being as good as Exterminator is a tall order.

And coincidentally, there I go again bringing up attractions at what I consider to be the finest theme park east of the Mississippi (though Terp may disagree with me)

• Like 1

I mentioned that i would like the addition of a B&M Floor less coaster, BigSexy and Youngstud would never say such a thing. ProSlide make true water coasters the rest aka Mack and Intamin are roller-coasters with splashdowns.

Both Mack and Intamin label their respective products as 'water coasters' so I'll continue to refer to them as such.

Just sayin'.

• Like 2

I had a dream about a dive machine at Kings Island. Since then, it's been reoccurring. And btw, the new dive trains are floorless.

The only drawback (for the enthusiast) to this type of ride is that they are limited. After a cool gimmick they lose momentum quickly and the trains are too wide for many types of inversions.

I'm not saying I'd hate one here by any means, it just feels like the coaster line up is quite good and the park could use other upgrades first.

Banshee is pretty much a "gimmick" coaster. A Dive Machine would become a favorite ride in the Cincinnati area just as fast as Banshee has become a "new favorite."

Am having too much fun with Banshee to even think about coasters in the future.

Me too. It has officially replaced Montu as my number 1 Inverted Coaster.

However, a Dive Machine would compliment Diamondback and Banshee very well, and we would have an awesome line up of B&M coasters.

• Like 1

I would take a B&M Floorless coaster over any 300ft B&M hyper coaster any day. KI could definitly, use another kiddy coaster, a Mack Wild Mouse coaster would be a great addition.... I would like if Soak City got some additions a Proslide Watercoaster comes to mind.

Kings Island has the most kids' coasters of any park in the world. A wild mouse would be great, and Soak City NEEDS new slides.

There was a chain of parks that like to fly a certain number of flags that claimed their new kids coaster at one of their particular parks would give that park the more "kid coasters" than any park in the world (or perhaps country/North America) despite the fact that their coaster count would only equal KI's "kid coaster" count. I can't remember if that total included Surf Dog or not, which KI counts as a coaster, so I count it as well. I said at the time, KI might as well go ahead and build another small one for kids, perhaps on the level of The Great Pumpkin coaster to keep it cheap, or even better (for me) something similar to Firechaser Express. But there are severl routes KI could go with their next coaster. A water coaster is an obvious hole in the water park's lineup. A wild moust would be a solid, classic addition. I wouldn't mind a new woodie once rides like Outlaw Express have a proven track record over a handful of seasons. There are many, many routes they could go with their next coaster installation, some relative small, some big, and many in between.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind a new woodie once rides like Outlaw Express have a proven track record over a handful of seasons. There are many, many routes they could go with their next coaster installation, some relative small, some big, and many in between.

What is this "Outlaw Express" you speak of? I have heard of an "Outlaw Run", but not "Outlaw Express"... :P LOL Yeah I realize it was likely a typo.

• Like 2

yes, you are correct, typo....or perhaps a combination of Adventure Express and Outlaw Run :)

thanks.

Oh dear...I just imagined that...the ride starts off and is just like normal Adventure Express, but then after the "NOW YOU WILL PAY!" scene...

Riders who have ridden AE before: "Here comes the tiny drop...as usual..."

But then, to their shock, the ride goes crazy with Outlaw Run-like twists, turns, airtime hills and inversions for roughly a minute or so before returning to the station. :P

• Like 3

Dive Machines are cool, just for the initial drop, however post drop, it's not as exciting, at least IMO.

Now a great B&M floorless like the one abuptly stolen from my favorite park, oh I'd be thrilled.

At least you can still ride it if you are willing to drive to Virginia. Think about how the Big Dipper fans must feel :\

• Like 4

^
Or the fans of Villain, Double Loop, or Raging Wolf Bobs. Yeah, those 3 may not be most beloved coasters ever built to most, but I'm pretty sure they did have at least a few people who did like them.