Big Coasters In Future?

Banshee Back VII

Well its an easy way to clear space, let rides live on that have some service life left, and let everyone get "new" rides....

Im not a big fan of ride rotations just for the sake of rotating them. But if you are building a brand new ride and need space, why trash a ride that another park would enjoy...

• Like 5

With this recent trend(assuming the Carowinds rumors are correct) of CF doing coasters that interact with the park's main gate area, I think a Dive Machine that dove into a hole outside the main gates would be pretty freaking cool.

Now if they could just make it a strata too.....

They're not going to make it a strata, maybe 250 ft. The dive mentioned would be awesome.

Those "gimmicks" are what attract general public. Even though they will always flock to a new ride at the park.

Speaking of which, how many people do you think that when the Kings Island rides got new names after changing ownership, thought they actually were new rides?

Actually a lot since that was the same year Firehawk debuted.

They changed the names in 2008, if I remember correctly. Though I was 6, so that may be wrong.

On the money shark. That couldn't be any more perfect.

I remember seeing the construction site for Diamondback (before the announcement), saying to my parents, "I hope it's a kid's ride!" Then when the announcement came, I was so excited, and disappointed when I saw the 54" height requirement. Talk about a change of heart! This was within a six-month span.

• Like 1

That doesn't save anywhere near as much money as you might think. And be careful what you wish for...

Unless'n you mean the once Flying Eagles now at Carowinds.

Hey! That ride's going nowhere, if I have anything to say about it! :angry:

• Like 1

Sorry, Merthecat. I would happily rob people from the Carolinas of their beloved ride and childhood memories to bring it back to Ohio where it belongs. No hard feelings. I'd even let you have Backlot Stunt Coaster in exchange :P

I keep BLSC. I like it. I'll gladly pluck those Flying Eagles out of Carowinds.

As much as i'd love to see a Giga at KI, I am quite discouraged from it. I am a diehard KI fan, but I have plenty of friends that prefer CP. Seeing as CP is seen as more of a thrill park, I constantly feel like that is where CF would prefer to install any planned Gigas in Ohio. I know there will be a Giga at KI one day, but I feel like it won't be for a VERY long time.

There's already a giga at Cedar Point. It's called Millennium Force.

• Like 2

Not anymore. :P

It was actually saying that it was the biggest investment in KI history, until Banshee replaced it as the holder of that title; it didn't mean physical replacement. But I changed "replaced" to "beaten" anyway to prevent further confusion, and axed the "The" while I was at it. :)

• Like 4