Big Coasters In Future?

Banshee Back VII

Just because a question is asked doesn't necessarily mean it will be answered. I will say it was with Janice Witherow-Litke, who went by that name at the time.

I've also ridden both Tremors and the Georgia Cyclone at a similar hour, the latter in sleet several weeks after the park had closed for the season, accompanied by Japanese park managers gently exclaiming, "Whee.". That was surreal.

• Like 2

Thank you Mer for your generosity.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that in trade for Hurler and Vortex, we get Flight of Fear and Bat.

And might as well throw in the Eiffel Tower as a spare for if and when the Skytower ever needs to be replaced.

Eiffel Tower stays. There are some like me who don't care for coasters as much as the enthusiast do and love the tamer stuff.

:P

• Like 3

I liked Carowinds's Vortex... And Hurler...

Heck, I enjoyed every coaster at Carowinds. Something that cannot be said about another Cedar Fair park I've been to recently, where they have such a calamitous collection of concussive coasters that I highly recommend you ride with a Guardian if you choose to visit...

The more clever among you may know which park I'm talking aboot, eh?

• Like 4

I enjoy Behemoth more than Levi..it's great..but..it seems a mirror almost to another coaster just it pulls more g's and the other doesn't

I also enjoyed the two B&Ms. But they were definitely the only coasters there that I would describe as smooth.

They have one of the roughest Arrow loopers I've ever been on (though I still liked it), a VERY unpleasant Vekoma SLC, a Zamperla Flyer (does it need saying?), a TOGO standup, a Vekoma Boomerang, and an Arrow Suspended coaster that was legitimately rough.

I enjoy rough coasters in moderation, so I still really liked the park, but I'm amazed that the general public will even enter that place. A lot of their rides are a one-way ticket to pain...

• Like 3

How so?

Do you mean the compressed air launches?

Power Tower's four towers are powered by compressed air, high volume, low pressure. All movements involve opening/closing of valves/mufflers to facilitate a desired function. The four screw type compressors take a huge building under the safety/trim brakes of Corkscrew, they're quite loud, about as loud as the tower.

Skyhawk, the S&S Screamin' Swing uses air to swing both arms, the compressors are right next to Mine Ride's exit

• Like 1