Big Coasters In Future?

Banshee Back VII

I give the edge to Racer over Blue Streak. But I agree Cedar Point is a far better park than KI, to me anyway. Mostly because KI doesn't have anything that compares to Millennium, Maverick, or Dragster and Magnum is a far better hyper than Diamondback. But I would take Banshee over Raptor, Beast over Mean Streak, and Adventure Express over Cedar Creek Mine Ride. Whenever I plan a trip to both parks I we always do Kings Island first. If we did Cedar Point first, KI just seemed kinda like a let down.

And what show does Cedar Point have that remotely compares to Cirque Imagine? What food that remotely compares to Reds Hall of Fame Grill? What dark ride? Flume? Wood coaster that remotely compares to Beast? What setting as idyllic as the Royal Fountain? What wienee to compare to the Eiffel Tower? What PR person to hold a candle to Mr. Helbig?

Cedar Point has Magnum, Maverick, a superior Choo-Choo, a sky ride, a Ferris Wheel, and no Dick Kinzel. All pluses.

• Like 7

Lulz......comparing parks is nothing more than personal preference.

This could go on for days B)

For me, KI will always trump any other destination. Why?

Because that little park in Mason, OH has something that can never be replicated......childhood memories.

• Like 9

And what show does Cedar Point have that remotely compares to Cirque Imagine? What food that remotely compares to Reds Hall of Fame Grill? What dark ride? Flume? Wood coaster that remotely compares to Beast? What setting as idyllic as the Royal Fountain? What wienee to compare to the Eiffel Tower? What PR person to hold a candle to Mr. Helbig?

Cedar Point has Magnum, Maverick, a superior Choo-Choo, a sky ride, a Ferris Wheel, and no Dick Kinzel. All pluses.

1. Skeleton Crew, easily it's almost the same production just slightly different setup & theming. Could also compare to All Wheels.

2. Chickies & Petes, Famous Daves, TGI Fridays Beach, etc. :)

3. TBD..possible dark ride, but we will see.

4. We still have a section of our flume in Maverick's queue at least :)

5. May have Beast, but I'd take Blue Streak over it anyday.

6. That lake view and beach are pretty awesome

7. May have tower but TTD kinda holds that iconic skyline shot like Tower too.

8. Bryan Edwards, Tony def..I could go on but that's rude

CP also has a few other exceptional shows, a pretty well themed western area, NO BLACKTOP, many world class legendary firsts, a hotel in the park, many rides with excellent lighting packages, and in the middle of one of the best Ohio vacation destination areas ever..Oh and the local Walleye though :)

• Like 2

Wood coaster that remotely compares to Beast?

Everyone prepare your torches and pitchforks, because I'm sure this post is probably going to rustle some jimmies. But I've never been one to hold back my opinions just because they're unpopular.

Cedar Point has a fun, dynamic, and thrilling Dinn woodie with good length, a beautiful lattice structure that looks phenomenal on the skyline, intimidating heights and speeds, and relatively short lines even on busy days. Beast is a solid woodie, but throwing aside nostalgia, historical importance, and classic status, and judging the ride purely on the merits of the ride itself as it stands today with no regard for historical significance, I think Mean Streak is a vastly more fun and thrilling ride with far better pacing. And The Beast has given me many rides that are far, FAR rougher than ANYTHING I've ever experienced on Mean Streak. It needs new lube on the rails because it shrieks like a Banshee the entire cycle, but it really isn't nearly as rough as people like to claim. Honestly, every time I've ridden it, I've found it to be smooth and pleasant. The same cannot be said about The Beast, not by a long shot.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE The Beast. It is one of my all time favorite coasters. But there are better woodies out there, and in my opinion, there are actually three superior woodies in Ohio alone.

• Like 5

Hopefully your arm is bruised :P

It is better than before..but it still sucks..copied from Pointbuzz from earlier today:

I agree, rip up the track and do a proper reprofile that will benefit the park in terms of maint. wear, and whatnot. Then guests will enjoy it more. I'm all for keeping the sweet structure and actually neat twister layout Dinn provided, but something needs done with the track to help maint. and guests. What they did to the first fan curve is incredible, it shuffled bad there in years past. Now it's tolerable, however the second half post MCBR is terrible.

Mean Streak does get rides, last Sat it had a bit of a queue, and people do like it, I even enjoyed a bit of it. Just needs TLC and it'd be a fantastic ride like the one at the front of the park. Think of all the TLC it got, and how amazing it is now. It's running better than ever right now, I mean listen to those freaking upstops!

• Like 1

Everyone prepare your torches and pitchforks, because I'm sure this post is probably going to rustle some jimmies. But I've never been one to hold back my opinions just because they're unpopular.

Cedar Point has a fun, dynamic, and thrilling Dinn woodie with good length, a beautiful lattice structure that looks phenomenal on the skyline, intimidating heights and speeds, and relatively short lines even on busy days. Beast is a solid woodie, but throwing aside nostalgia, historical importance, and classic status, and judging the ride purely on the merits of the ride itself as it stands today with no regard for historical significance, I think Mean Streak is a vastly more fun and thrilling ride with far better pacing. And The Beast has given me many rides that are far, FAR rougher than ANYTHING I've ever experienced on Mean Streak. It needs new lube on the rails because it shrieks like a Banshee the entire cycle, but it really isn't nearly as rough as people like to claim. Honestly, every time I've ridden it, I've found it to be smooth and pleasant. The same cannot be said about The Beast, not by a long shot.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE The Beast. It is one of my all time favorite coasters. But there are better woodies out there, and in my opinion, there are actually three superior woodies in Ohio alone.

That's funny, because my last few rides on The Beast have felt like glass. None of those are on wheel seats, and each one has been unbelievably smooth. Meanwhile the only times I've ridden Mean Steak were unbearable, even when avoiding wheel seats. The only ride that compared to it in roughness was Son of Beast, which I actually found to be about the same in roughness as Mean Streak. I haven't rode it since they made improvements as some on here have claimed, but it's almost inconceivable to me that someone could find The Beast to be a lot rougher than Mean Streak.
  • Like 3

That's funny, because my last few rides on The Beast have felt like glass. None of those are on wheel seats, and each one has been unbelievably smooth. Meanwhile the only times I've ridden Mean Steak were unbearable, even when avoiding wheel seats. The only ride that compared to it in roughness was Son of Beast, which I actually found to be about the same in roughness as Mean Streak. I haven't rode it since they made improvements as some on here have claimed, but it's almost inconceivable to me that someone could find The Beast to be a lot rougher than Mean Streak.
  • Like 3

Likewise, it's almost inconceivable to me that somebody could find Mean Streak rough at all. I never rode it prior to these changes that occurred to make it smoother. I have no knowledge of how it ran in the past. All I know is that I went in my first time expecting (due to people's descriptions of it) horrible pain that would have me bedridden for weeks. What I received was an enjoyable and glass smooth ride on a thrilling and dynamic woodie. I've ridden many wooden coasters that are FAR rougher than Mean Streak. Maybe I'm just lucky. I found the Carowinds Hurler to be smooth and enjoyable too.

Want a wooden coaster that's rough? Go ride The Legend, or Darien Lake's Predator. I love those rides to death, but both of them actually left me mildly sore, something that has only happened on Mean Streak one time when some idiot in the seat next to me kept punching me in the arm...

Or, heck, if you want rough, you don't need to ride a woodie at all. Canada's Wonderland has two steel coasters right next to each other in their Action Zone that are the textbook definition of rough. One of those two happens to be the one and only coaster I've ever ridden that I can firmly say I refuse to ever ride again.

• Like 2

No doubt a horrid Zamperla flying coaster....

Actually, no. I'd ride that again if bribed enough. I wouldn't enjoy it, but I'd do it. It's the infernal SLC next to it that I refuse to touch for any reason. Which is odd considering that just two days prior, I rode and somewhat enjoyed Darien Lake's Mind Eraser, which is of an identical make, model, and track layout...

And I quite enjoyed Coney Island's Luna Park's flying coaster.

Mean Streak ruined the day for me. Like all wooden coasters, it has its years, months, days, and hours where it rides differently. There have been days when I've found it tolerable. This most recent time will remain the most recent time for the foreseeable future.

• Like 3

I found the Carowinds Hurler to be smooth as well... But from what I hear the first turn after the drop was rebuilt so that may be a part of it. The trick is to "lean" into the turns. What I found weird is that Thunder Road was rougher for me. Then again, I like rough coasters, steel or wooden. Being thrown around adds to the excitement and out of control feeling.

• Like 1

I found the Carowinds Hurler to be smooth as well... But from what I hear the first turn after the drop was rebuilt so that may be a part of it. The trick is to "lean" into the turns. What I found weird is that Thunder Road was rougher for me. Then again, I like rough coasters, steel or wooden. Being thrown around adds to the excitement and out of control feeling.

Being thrown around is fun.

Being repeatedly bludgeoned in the head by a poorly designed restraint is not. That's probably why I enjoy rough wooden coasters, but don't particularly care for Vekoma SLCs.

Then again, a lot of people complain that Vortex beats them in the head, and if it isn't my favorite coaster of all time (definitely a toss-up between Vortex, Maggie, and Phantom's Revenge for me), it definitely holds the most sentimental value to me of any coaster in the world. But hey, to quote something that I remember from my younger years, "Everyone is different, no two people are the same!"

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

So with Carowinds getting Fury 325, you have to wonder if KI will get a Giga soon? Figure CW, CP, KD have one, and Carowinds is getting one next year. You would thing the crown of the old Paramount Parks would get a Giga. Take out Timerwolf, you have plenty of area from behind Banshee, over the old SOB station, through Timberwolf, out the the wooded area around Timberwolf and into the part of the parking lot that is never used. ???? IDK, just wishful thinking.