Big Coasters In Future?

Banshee Back VII

It's still a decent size area though that could easily hold a couple flats or something. You probably could even fit another coaster in there if you wanted. Look at the space in relation to the surrounding attractions. Flight of Fear itself would fit into that space so plenty of room for a couple flats and restrooms.

• Like 1

Hopefully someone in the next few years. If you don't want to ride it then don't.

..I won't.. wouldn't if I didn't like it enough, but my point is that I'd rather time pass, a new company prove their worth in the 300' coaster business, and we end up with a coaster as reliable as B&M, but with a higher quality ride experience (and that's subjective); if a 300' coaster comes in 'now', it won't come later, more than likely.

• Like 1

I don't see why B&M couldn't make something like Maverick. All of the technology used in Maverick is something that B&M already does or is working on; i.e. a launch. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that Maverick utilizes that B&M can't replicate.

Not to mention that if Kings Island got that overbuilt, it'd likely suffer the same fate as Geauga Lake/Six Flags Ohio/Six Flags Worlds of Adventure/Geauga Lake/Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom/Wildwater Kingdom.

So it would reopen as Kings Island's Soak City and then be renamed simply Soak City and then possibly close after that? What is it you say, running for the door?
No, completely different situation. If Kings Island were to experience a colossal failure, the land would be way too valuable to keep as a water park. It would be a multi million dollar Mason housing development.

Tom Grossman wouldn't know what to do with himself!

Andrew, running for the door!

• Like 1

Not to mention that if Kings Island got that overbuilt, it'd likely suffer the same fate as Geauga Lake/Six Flags Ohio/Six Flags Worlds of Adventure/Geauga Lake/Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom/Wildwater Kingdom.

So it would reopen as Kings Island's Soak City and then be renamed simply Soak City and then possibly close after that? What is it you say, running for the door?
No, completely different situation. If Kings Island were to experience a colossal failure, the land would be way too valuable to keep as a water park. It would be a multi million dollar Mason housing development.

Tom Grossman wouldn't know what to do with himself!

Andrew, running for the door!

It wound probably constitute another outburst.

I made an X-Base extension :)

KIC_zps863b6b40.png

It's not that big of a area back their. Not sure why everyone thinks they are going to do a extension. The park does have room next to Firehawk, but the Dino's are their right now.

Off Topic but I think this Photo was taken during one of the smoke emergancys at Flight of Fear. Notice all the fire trucks and ambulances in the back part just above Flight of Fear.

Edited by WWC2003Amy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand how Kings Island having as seemingly strong standing as it does, could go bankrupt just because it added too many thrill rides at once.

Overindulgence and a severe irresponsibility in financial decisions, which 3 or 4 new major rides in a short burst would be, can bring anyone down. For each of these "new rides" there's cost to design, manufacture, transport to site, build, and promote, plus there's the lifelong costs to maintain and power said ride on top of all the existing rides, diners, and venders throughout the park, and this is just one financial aspect to the park. There's other expenditures, ranging from employee salaries to little things people forget like production of the small, plastic passes many of us hold and the basic plumbing many of us use one to two to three times a visit. (And let's not forget that Cedar Fair has many other parks, not just Kings Island.)

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Assuming that KI gets the giga, I am curious which park will be lined up for the big addition in 2018, Kings Dominion might need some love, but some people say that Canada's Wonderland should / will remove their Vekoma SLC in favor of a Banshee-like invert by B&M. It is a little surprising that B&M has not built any other inverts since then, especially with the vest restraints. Heck, no retrofit projects / new train projects have come up.

Those vests really added the icing on the cake, and that is one reason why I put Banshee #1 among inverts... Agree?

http://coasteraddict.com/5-reasons-Banshee-still-reigns-supreme/

• Like 5

• 11 months later...

I still think we'll get a flat rides or family rides package for next year. What I don't know is what coaster will come next? What coaster will come after that coaster?  I know coasters like RMC's, Blitzs, Dive Machines, are the least likely to happen so what's left? Giga, Triotech, Launched, etc?

I'd love to get a multi-launch Mack like Blue Fire. Really any sort of blitz style coaster like Maverick or Blue Fire would be great. Maverick is probably my favorite coaster so love to see something like it added but don't see Cedar Fair going with Intaimin in the near future so a Mack is more likely and could do something very similar.

• Like 1