Big Coasters In Future?

Banshee Back VII

Cedar Fair is going with an old manufacturer for a coaster coming to a Cedar Fair park in 2018, obviously not headed to KI, but I'd put Intamin as a possibility right now in the future, but hey that's just me, feel free to bash me but I think it's very possible!

• Like 2

On 5/5/2017 at 11:24 AM, SonofBaconator said:

I've only ridden one Intamin Blitz coaster and that was Cheetah Hunt and I loved it. However, I've never ridden anything Mack before so I really hope it's Mack

I was think the same thing. Ouimet could be throwing everyone of by his comments. He probably knows most people would assume Intiman, but Cedar Fair has a few smaller MACK coasters. I'd love to see a few rides similar to Blue Fire or Helix open up in the Cedar Fair chain. It would also be cool to see CGA get a Mack Hyper coaster like Flash in China.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Yea that’d be a good one as well for a big thrill coasterbthat can fit in a compact space. Plus can give it more cars if needed to up capacity too. Like 4 or 5 to get 16-20 per trains which wouldn’t be too bad. Be higher capacity than BLSC or Invertigo

• Like 1

14 hours ago, purdude86 said:

Yea that’d be a good one as well for a big thrill coasterbthat can fit in a compact space. Plus can give it more cars if needed to up capacity too. Like 4 or 5 to get 16-20 per trains which wouldn’t be too bad. Be higher capacity than BLSC or Invertigo

Valravn can get 1,200 riders per hour

• Like 1

Dive coasters are overrated. I’d like to see a B&M floorless or Wing coaster ( Wing coaster for X-Base! ).  For a giga I’d have to go with Intamin or wishing very very much a Mack. This is off the “big coaster” category but a ProSlide Water coaster would be a very welcomed addition.  Beyond those anything other than B&M I’m ok with. ( or I-boxing The Racer definitely not ok with that! ).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2017 at 12:34 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

Would a ride like hangtime fit in Invertigo's footprint?

It would, if you take out Congo Falls. 

Some food for thought, I don't think Action Zone needs a new coaster anytime soon; that is unless it replaces Invertigo and Congo Falls. 

I think there's three major parts of the park that need new coaster

1. The old Lion Country Safari land
  2. The Crypt building/land behind- unless the building gets torn down and Rivertown is expanded
  3. The unused area behind the Eiffel Tower- I'd sacrifice BLSC if that land could be reworked and used for a new coaster and other attractions
  • Like 3

I think the Crypt area really needs a flat or dark ride more than a coaster, though I'd be ok with a nicely themed coaster for the area similar to Mystery Mine as well. But Rivertown already has 3 major coasters (including the park's signature coaster and 2 of the most recent ones with one being the tallest) so I don't really think another coaster is needed in that section. However, outside of those all they have is WWC and the train, these is no real flat rides in that area and a better variety would be great.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 10:05 PM, Tera Ryzing said:

Why do people on here put so much stock in helix and blue fire when no one has ridden them?  Taron looks way better than the macks and maverick.

Couldn't the same thing be said about Taron? Europa Park's attendance is 5.6 million in 2016, and Liseberg is over 3 million, and both rides get very high guest scores. The reason most people are talking so highly about Mack is because of how successful they are.

• Like 3