Apparently, Line Jumping IS an Accepted Sporting Event at KI Now :)

Miythandria

I really get upset by line jumpers. Usually, they are a bunch of teens who want to ride with their friends and just push their way through. I know, I know. I should just relax.

At any rate, yesterday a group of several youth cut about 50 places in front of me. Due to his clothing, one of them really stood out. When I complained to the staff, I was told that this was a shame, BUT more than one group of people had to complain for them to even talk to the kid and his gang.

Where ever you go, no matter the park there will always be a form of line jumping. This act happens in places other than parks too.

Now for the way the staff responded to the event, KI has policies and procedures put in place and one of them is that 2 different groups must report a line jumper in order for them to ask them to leave. Policies like this are put into place to help with these kinds of problems, and they evolve and change as the company grows in order to create the best possible answer/outcome to any situation. This is their way of handling it and I personally have no qualms with it and believe it works.

• Like 1

I see it too. Last year I did see security called to Drop Tower for it. Three people left with security. I complained about the line jumpers as did another person. A ride-op saw them too and that helped.

I really get upset by line jumpers. Usually, they are a bunch of teens who want to ride with their friends and just push their way through. I know, I know. I should just relax.

At any rate, yesterday a group of several youth cut about 50 places in front of me. Due to his clothing, one of them really stood out. When I complained to the staff, I was told that this was a shame, BUT more than one group of people had to complain for them to even talk to the kid and his gang.

You wouldn't have happened to have made your complaint and pointed them out in The Racer line to security did you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much every other time I've been in line for Banshee I've seen someone line jumping. We'll be waiting in line and sure enough someone will come pushing their way through. They'll always say something like, "sorry I had to get a locker." Many people may not consider this line jumping since they are meeting up with a larger group, but as someone who would never do that I do consider it as such. If I needed to get a locker I would make my whole group wait until I was finished. It's not really fair to those that are considerate enough to take care of their loose articles before getting in line. I hope they can feel my cold hate-filled glare when they push their way past me. I am optimistic it'll get better though as the season goes on.

• Like 4

Line jumping is not acceptable, just as driving over the speed limit isn't. Sometimes people get caught, sometimes they don't. Get over it.

True about line jumping but in some cases speeding is okay like when I-75's under construction speed limit is 45 MPH! Insane that's like a normal road!

Line jumping is not acceptable, just as driving over the speed limit isn't. Sometimes people get caught, sometimes they don't. Get over it.

True about line jumping but in some cases speeding is okay like when I-75's under construction speed limit is 45 MPH! Insane that's like a normal road!

Fines are doubled...

• Like 8

Fines are enough as it is already, getting one that's doubled is even worse. This is done for worker safety of course.

Kind of surprised I've never seen the signs like they have in Tennessee for their work areas. "Slow down! My daddy works here!"

• Like 5

^ There's a reason that two reports are need to kick someone out of line. If only one report was needed, then any malicious individual could kick out whoever they wanted. Therefore, two reports are needed from two different parties; the second reports serves to confirm that the first report was in fact true and not somebody trying to kick their ex out of line just to be mean.

• Like 8

Yes, I agree, that if there is not more than one party to report the line jumper it is one party's word against the other. The solution? Police officers patrolling the lines like at CP-then you would have witnesses to the line cutting. Believe me people do not mess with those police officers the patrol the Millenium Force queue area-those guys are huge. I love KI but I have been saying this for years that you need police in the queue areas more than any area of the park. Not only do you have line cutting but people are so close together such that there is the greatest potential for situations to escalate out of control. Often I do see police and security at the entrance to the rides but that is not enough-they need to be inside the main queue areas to see what is going on. I have to say, however, that I do think KI has shown much improvement since Cedar Fair took over in taking more actions against line jumper-for that I am thankful.

• Like 1

Actually something that would be nice is if KI did more of an "undercover" (dressed in normal everyday clothes) security team. I feel like a person might act more civil around the KI security. But if they didn't know that their was an "unmarked" one standing behind/ in front of them, they would act more like they normally do, inside the park.

Look at I-465, speed limit is 55 at all times, way too slow.

Fines are enough as it is already, getting one that's doubled is even worse. This is done for worker safety of course.

Kind of surprised I've never seen the signs like they have in Tennessee for their work areas. "Slow down! My daddy works here!"

Have you seen the creepy workzone awareness signs? "13 people have died in workzones this year alone" I forget the exact quote, but they put stakes with hardhats and reflective vests in the median.

Look at I-465, speed limit is 55 at all times, way too slow.

It is not "way too slow". Speed limits are set where they are for a reason.

Have you seen the creepy workzone awareness signs? "13 people have died in workzones this year alone" I forget the exact quote, but they pug stakes with hardhats and reflective vests in the median.

Good. Maybe that will raise awareness of why you should slow down in construction zones and obey the speed limit no matter how ridiculous you think the limit is. Those speed limits are lower in construction zones for the safety of the workers.

• Like 1

I find it incredibly unlikely that a simple question such as "Are you a cop?" could potentially ruin a law enforcement operation. I believe whole heartedly that is a myth created by Hollywood for tense scenes on screen.

I'm not a criminal, or a lawyer so I guess I'll never know the truth first hand.

Line jumping is a joke in the park, as I typically will enforce it myself because ride ops don't have backbones at this park unfortunately. Same with cameras on rides, etc. If you see it, call them out yourself, they give you crap let it escalate they'll notice and hopefully take care of the situation. Just be calm about it not totally irate as you may see yourself getting booted as well.

But as others have said, people do it, no issues. My rides, I'll watch the queue and whatnot during crowd control. I saw it, I fill the station a little or stop the line depending on, go down, kick em out of line and remember their face. See it again, you're of the park folks. Simple as that. Effective, easy, and straightforward.

• Like 3

Employees are only as empowered as their employer allows. Management then allows\requires the associates to carry out their authority.

I'm not willing to attribute the line jumping to line employees not doing their jobs. Rather, I suspect the employees are trying hard to enforce the employer's policies. Policies that may actually lessen up on those who do do it yourself Fast Lane, in a conscious or not effort to get other guests to upgrade to life in the Fast Lane.

Management gets the results it specifies, allows, tolerates or wants.

If there is a line jumping problem at Kings Island, it's management's to own. If management considered it a priority, the problem would be aggressively addressed. See also in park profanity on guest attire, lack of sufficiently covering guest attire, smoking in non-designated areas, etc.

• Like 10

Perhaps since it's a sporting event, we could create gold medals and announce to those around that we would like to congratulate this person/group of people for winning the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8