Good Highlights of Your Last Visit to KI

Miythandria

April 19:

Getting stuck on WindSeeker for 3 minutes,

riding Vortex during the fireworks,

getting the best night ride yet on Adventure Express,

getting to see Banshee in person at night for the first time,

and experiencing the park at night for the first time in forever (Frozen reference intended :P)

• Like 5

Friday, May 2nd. Spending the day with a group of GREAT Friends, enjoying walk on to two train waits on every single ride we rode, and experiencing different types of forces and ride experiences on the different rows of Banshee during my 13 rides including last train of the evening.

• Like 5

May 4th- Seeing and experiencing Banshee for the first time, Fun TV is a good addition to keep you busy in line and overall the park is looking great this year, the team at KI has really done a truly amazing job this off-season.

• Like 5

Getting my friend Diane to go to the park after a 10+ year hiatus on May 4th. She and I have been friends since 1979 and have had many trips to Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom (both of us were season park holders for years), SeaWorld of Ohio, and many, many other wonderful places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So far, April 26th: riding the Banshee for the first time in the front seat. It was my second visit to the park of the season, and I brought along my friend, it was her first of the season, and her first ride on the Banshee. it was an amazing ride! I can't wait to experience it again-- at night.

• Like 2

This isn't super to most people, but I finally went to see the Dinosaurs. The day was perfect anyway, short waits in lines, the weather was great, but after a nosh, I got up the courage to look at the Dinos.

It's actually really nice- there's a tear in the foam on one of them, but it mostly looks very good, surrounded by forest.

The great big huge thing towards the end scared the bejeezuss out of me, but that's why I went in the first place.

• Like 4

I have yet to visit the park since Opening Day, but that's kinda what happens when KI is an hour and a half away from you. Still, that trip had good points:

-Riding BLSC for the first time since 2010...I had forgotten how much fun that little thing is.

-Trying Chicken Shack for the first time- it was incredibly yummy, and is the best-tasting food item I have tried to date at the park (though I have yet to get to everything...).

-Waiting 4+ hours for Banshee...yeah, this may seem like a low point, and it was EXHAUSTING but hey, it's something I can now claim to have done and can tell any future kids or grandchildren about. Won't wait that long for Banshee again though.

-Actually riding Banshee itself for the first time- amazing new coaster. I now have a 2nd ride I really look forward to on each and every trip, in addition to The Beast (and I do like all those other rides too to be fair).

-Trying Hank's Burrito Shack for the first time- not as good as Chicken Shack, but still excellent, and would have been the best food item I'd ever had on any of my KI visits had it not been for Chicken Shack.

-Trying Dinosaurs Alive! for the first time- it's a pretty cool exhibit and one I may do again in the future. That HUGE Dinosaur near the end, Sauroposeidon...what a behemoth! Plus those long-necked Sauropods are my favorite dinosaurs...

-Riding The Beast at Night with my younger sister. Awesome ride as usual, and it was fun riding with her. I also promised her on our next visit (which is scheduled for Tuesday, May 13th) we would ride Flight of Fear first (after doing ERT if we reach the park in time for that, of course) since that is her favorite ride at Kings Island. Yes, even after Banshee- she did really like Banshee too though.

If you would have told me, before this trip, that I could have an awesome time at KI and only ride 3 rides, I would have been a bit confused, but now...I understand 100% that it is not how many rides you ride, it is how much fun you have, and while more rides in a day usually does mean more fun (sometimes it may not though), you can still have an awesome time with friends and family riding only a few things a day. Though, we picked a weekday for our next trip for obvious reasons- we would like to actually get some rides in this time, of course! :P

• Like 8

May 12: First time on WindSeeker. Appropriately, the music was Harry Potter, because it felt truly magical. I expected some thrilling terror, but it was just beautiful and smooth and wonderful. There is no impression of forceful lifting, just magical levitation. And rather than feeling like it was so high, it felt like I could just see really far. I may be able to get my fear-of-heights husband on this ride, if he trusts my assessment enough.

Being able to nearly walk on The Beast three times in a row (today I'm gonna do five!), the final time in the front seat, was pretty darn cool too! And my first ride of the day (first ride of the season) was the front seat of an otherwise empty train on Backlot Stunt Coaster. Like I was a VIP or something.

• Like 1

The idea of WindSeeker is cool, it just doesn't do it for me. It goes too fast to really be able to see/focus on anything in the distance, but too slow to be a thrill. It's really the only ride in the park that I don't enjoy. I love all the other flats, just not this one.

• Like 1

Well, I just went yesterday, so here are some highlights from that trip:

-Nearly everything was a walk-on, and nothing was more than a 2-3 train wait MAXIMUM. Wow. Kings Island becomes so much more fun when the crowds are like this!

-Banshee was as epic after a 5 minute wait as it was after 4 1/2 hour one...I'd rather wait 5 minutes though please. :P

-Diamondback was running amazingly well. Very smooth for the most part, and with the best airtime I think I may have ever had EVER on anything outside of my Wildebeest Solo.

-The Beast was very fun, even though it didn't quite seem to be running full blast for a section of the ride (Brake shed through middle tunnel- the turns after the tunnel picked up the pace and had nice laterals). But the rest of the ride was awesome.

-I won Boo Blasters with a score of 660 versus my sister and her friend. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :P

-Getting BLASTED on White Water Canyon by the cannons. Can you say "Soaked"?

-The chicken from both The Chicken Shack & some place in Rivertown (I don't know where my sister's friend's dad got it) was incredibly tasty.

Those are just some highlights from my awesome day. BTW, if you're interested here is a link to the full trip report:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/29451-mcsalsas-coaster-adventures-the-uncrowded-island-may-13th-2014/#entry616101

• Like 5

I am having a love affair with Diamondback. It was a walk-on or practically a walk-on during my two visits through the day. I rode six times in the morning and only once in the afternoon because I wanted to go to the Cosi science and explosions show. Just to mix things up from my tradition of front seat or rear car on every roller coaster, I decided to try dead center of Diamondback's train. Oh my! The beautiful air I was getting at the top of each hill, I loved it! I think I prefer 5-1 or 2, but 5-3 and 4 are acceptable as well.

• Like 2

Riding the Flight of Fear was very fun on Monday! The ride operator will say a different phrase every time they send a train out of the station, depending on a number 1-100. The first one I heard was LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAIN!" which made me laugh way too much. Also inside, it was not as dark as usual which was exciting. My whole visit on the 12th was pretty fun. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/29425-vermillionloves-trip-reports-feel-free-to-post-also/?p=615846

• Like 3

I need to remember to add that to my pass next time I'm at the park. It's a shame drinks aren't included, but I'm sure they have a good reason for that, and I can always bring my souvenir cup, even though I hate carrying it around the park all day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

5/19:

1. Wife and I used Parent Swap for the first time. It's a good system, but it does seem like some of the Ride Ops were confused by it.

2. Son's first ride on Snoopy Junction. I had some concerns about his ability to sit still without being on someone's lap, but he had no problems. He doesn't seem to enjoy rides a whole lot yet, but he reacts with apprehensive curiosity rather than total panic.

• Like 6

5/11 ( Mother's Day )

I took my mom to the park for Mother's Day and since she only goes twice a year, as a treat, I bought her and I Fast Lane passes so she wouldn't have to stand and wait for so long and actually enjoy her day. I was nervous about getting her on Banshee since I wasn't sure if she would like it ( she wasn't fond of Raptor at CP and inverts in general are hit and miss ) but she loved Banshee! Got her on it four times. The day in general was really nice though. Weather was perfect, got to ride all the coasters and the flat rides we enjoy doing together. It was overall just a great day.

• Like 6