5/4/2014

coasterfanatic83

I plan to keep this short and sweet, just like I try to do with all of my trip reports!

Today was my sister's birthday, and she wanted to go to the park! Naturally, I wasn't too upset about that, since I had not been to the park yet this year. I was beyond glad to be back at Kings Island! She finally braved all of the "big" roller coasters today, and said that Diamondback was her favorite, so that's good! Just a few notes:

• Banshee: see here- http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/29253-your-Banshee-experience/?p=613818
  • All of the little touch-ups (front gate, new paint, etc...) look very good! Little things matter!
  • The Bat looks very clean now. Also, I think one of my new favorite views in the park is looking out toward Banshee from the top of the stairs before entering The Bat's station.
  • The Boyz are Back was pretty good today. I know it is early in the season, but the vocals were on-point and the choreography was smooth.
  • I missed the Dodgem more than most people should. I love those things!
  • I believe that I saw several KIC members around the park today.
  • There was also somebody in a "U MAD BRO?" bro-tank walking around, but I don't think it was the legend himself.
  • The giant noodle is very... interesting.
  • FunTV has a lot of potential.
  • Diamondback's line was moving slower than usual today. I know it is early in the season, but it is hard to think that the seatbelts don't have something to do with that. They had minimal impact on the ride experience, so that is good.
  • I don't know if the Grand Carousel had the organ going, or if it has at all yet this season. Can somebody tell me if it has or not yet?

Thanks for reading everyone! If you have any questions feel free to ask away!

• Like 5

Was at the park today as well and I agree with you on the Diamondback issue, I thought the line was moving slower than usual myself. However, for all the other rides I felt like the crews were in top notch form, especially on Banshee. I had one issue where someone on Delirium sit in the wrong seats, our seats, but they got us on next cycle so wasn't too big of a deal.

Both Friday night, and this evening, Banshee's crew was amazing. In the last hour Friday, we got 3 rides in, the last with fireworks. And the last hour tonight, we got 4 !! No fireworks of course, since there were none ;-) But both nights it was not uncommon for the train to be loaded and ready before the ride would allow dispatch. The Banshee crew is really hustling, and doing it with smiles, and an obvious sense of pride on their faces.

• Like 5