Tommy hates the Smurf Ride

BoddaH1994

A nice family brings their son "Tommy" to Kings Island for a fun and relaxing day in the summer of 1984. Tommy sees the boats for the Smurf's Enchanted Voyage and is intrigued. He boards the boat with his father and it's all down hill from there.

Please note that current park policy does not allow photo or video while riding.

• Like 9

I would have been so annoyed if I was one of the people around them. His screams were pretty loud at times there. Not to mention he dad never shut up even before he started screaming. Miss that ride though, remember going on it when I was a kid. Was disappointed when they were first taking it out, but Phantom Theatre was one of my favorite rides there ever so at least got an even better replacement. Unfortunately that spot ahs just gone down since then.

• Like 6

It's too bad there's no dark ride for today's kids to look back on as fondly as many of you on here do about what used to be there. I think Kings Island has done a great job of updating and adding things where it's needed, and I think what is there now should be their next "target".

I was lucky enough to ride Enchanted Voyage, but unfortunately I was too young to remember it!

• Like 2

I think that if there's one piece of the puzzle that KI could fit into the mix it would be a modern dark ride. I feel like PT was a good example of what I would like to see, but I always thought the experience was a little much for a ride in the kids area.

• Like 2

I think that if there's one piece of the puzzle that KI could fit into the mix it would be a modern dark ride. I feel like PT was a good example of what I would like to see, but I always thought the experience was a little much for a ride in the kids area.

I rode PT for the first time when I was about 20 with some friends. I knew nothing about Kings Island at that time, we just happened to walk past it. I even thought back then that it seemed really out of place in the kid's area. After seeing videos, I can see why kids liked EV and Smurf's EV so much.

• Like 2

Definitely seems to be a missing piece IMO. Sad that there are 2 buildings in the park that could easily house such a ride. And to theme such a ride to fit in either area, should be easy enough. Yes, I know, Haunt attractions....

• Like 5