I really wish Boo Blaster would get a peanuts theme...

Screaming_Chicken

I went to KI on Saturday and I had a lot of fun didn't get to ride Banshee but, I've got all summer! While, I was there I kept wondering why hasn't CF transformed all the generic Boo Blasters rides they own to a Peanuts theme? I know they've got the license why don't they put it to good use? My kids HATE boo blasters and will not ride it they say it's too scary or too boring or I liked it better when it was Scooby....I just think a Great Pumpkin theme or Snoopy theme would be more comforting to the kids and make it more fun to some adults with kids. I know I have bemoaned about Boo Blasters in the past but I was just wondering..does really just come down to $ ?

• Like 3

I don't like the idea at all considering that nothing really has changed with the stuff when Paramount owned the park. You can still here Scobby sound effects when he runs in TV Episode. I don't think Cedar Fair would waste more money on a perfectly working ride.

• Like 1

a perfectly working ride.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha—*takes breath*—hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me for that little outburst, but you see, a "perfectly working" Boo Blasters is one of the most hilarious things I have ever heard, especially when on any given day, a significant number of guns do not work. :)

• Like 20

a perfectly working ride.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha—*takes breath*—hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me for that little outburst, but you see, a "perfectly working" Boo Blasters is one of the most hilarious things I have ever heard, especially when on any given day, a significant number of guns do not work. :)

Oh yea I can't believe I forgot about that, One of the ones I had didn't work. LOL

Delete

If you think this topic should be deleted by a Admin or Mod report it please and it will be directed to them.

• Like 1

Everything about that ride needs a revamp: from the name, to the interiors, to the theming, to the characters, to the effects, etc, etc. I'll never forget the first time I heard the name, "Boo Blasters on Boo Hill." Really? How long did it take to come up with that little gem? "Hmm...they're ghosts and ghosts go 'boo' and we'll blast them and they live on a hill, hmmm, what could we call it? I know! Boo Blasters on Boo Hill! Genius!"

Then they thought it would be a good idea to rip out all the good characters and replace them with cardboard cutouts.

There is no theming, no story...nothing. The ride queue used to be completely engrossing with Maestro playing music and talking to you. Now, it's complete crap. Don't even get me started on the TVs they put in there. Now the queue is even more pointless than it was last year. Playing a music video for Frozen's "Let it Go," really? What's that got to do with Boo Blasters and the whole theme and story?

Most of the ride is cheaply manufactured, then the ending scene that's pitch black with all the skeletons growling and groaning with glowing eyes is too scary for young kids, so I'm confused about who the target audience was.

The retheme is just a complete disaster and a complete disgrace to the history of the park and the rides that were contained within that building. I get too riled up just thinking about it so I'm going to end my rant. Thank you for reading. -_-

• Like 18

When was the last time the fog curtain projection worked? That was an awesome affect and I'm sad that it hasn't worked at least the last 2 to 3 seasons. It may have only worked during it's first season as Boo Blasters?

• Like 4

The name="The Interpreter" post="614089" timestamp="1399326826"]

It didn't make it through the first season.

I want to say two to three weeks.

Maybe the building is unlucky... Or at least ever since Haunted Castle was there.

The targeting system is similar to Men in Black at Universal. That ride experience requires you to shoot targets up to 80ft away -- and you can. Certain targets never seem to work on Boo. The library scene is what I have in mind. The far targets are VERY rarely hit. I don't think the guns are accurate enough to hit them. Odd part is, you can't really blame that on maintenance since it's been like this since the beginning.

• Like 2

I don't like the idea at all considering that nothing really has changed with the stuff when Paramount owned the park. You can still here Scobby sound effects when he runs in TV Episode. I don't think Cedar Fair would waste more money on a perfectly working ride.

Seems like everytime I ride it, it breaks down (usually in the same spot (skeleton room)) I would love to see a Peanuts ride take BBOBH's place

Then they thought it would be a good idea to rip out all the good characters and replace them with cardboard cutouts.

Playing a music video for Frozen's "Let it Go," really?

I think they're trying to tell us "Let go of the guns, they don't work"

• Like 7

Everything about that ride needs a revamp: from the name, to the interiors, to the theming, to the characters, to the effects, etc, etc. I'll never forget the first time I heard the name, "Boo Blasters on Boo Hill." Really? How long did it take to come up with that little gem? "Hmm...they're ghosts and ghosts go 'boo' and we'll blast them and they live on a hill, hmmm, what could we call it? I know! Boo Blasters on Boo Hill! Genius!"

There is no theming, no story...nothing. The ride queue used to be completely engrossing with Maestro playing music and talking to you. Now, it's complete crap. Don't even get me started on the TVs they put in there. Now the queue is even more pointless than it was last year. Playing a music video for Frozen's "Let it Go," really? What's that got to do with Boo Blasters and the whole theme and story?

Most of the ride is cheaply manufactured, then the ending scene that's pitch black with all the skeletons growling and groaning with glowing eyes is too scary for young kids, so I'm confused about who the target audience was.

The retheme is just a complete disaster and a complete disgrace to the history of the park and the rides that were contained within that building. I get too riled up just thinking about it so I'm going to end my rant. Thank you for reading. -_-

^THIS^ x 1000....My three year olds rode it with the wife and I this past Saturday and couldn't have been more more bored with it. That is until the skeltons at the end, which absolutely terrified them. What a waste.

• Like 16

Actually technically the ride is located on International Street. If you look at a map or online it says its location is on International Street. So really there's no point in putting a Peanuts theme in a ride that technically isn't even in Planet Snoopy.

Really? I've been going to Kings Island since the early 80's and that ride has always been in Hanna-Barbera Land or Nickelodeon Splat City, Nickelodeon Universe! When did they change it? I just think a Peanuts theme would be so cool and more pleasing to the guests.

Not sure if the Fantastic Voyage stuff was but at least from the time it was Phantom Manor it has been considered part of International Street. I know a lot of people don't realize it since you have to clearly go into Planet Snoopy to get to the entrance. Which is why I think it'd be easy to retheme it to Peanuts even though it is considered International Street, they could just start considering it part of Planet Snoopy then.

• Like 3

Agree most seasonal parks dont have the funds for these big dark rides, however, Kings Island is no regular joe Seasonal park.

And yet Kennywood has a fantastic one...

The dark ride has always been considered part of International Street, not the kids area (The Happy Land of Hanna Barbera, Nickelodeon Universe, or Planet Snoopy).

I beg to differ.

The 1972 brochure lists The Enchanted Voyage as part of HB: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/197x/pki197x1_2.html

... as does the 1974 brochure: http://KICentral.com/history/photos/displayimage.php?album=8&pid=247#top_display_media

The 1989 map lists Smurfs' Enchanted Voyage as part of HB: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/1989/pki1989index.html

Even in the Paramount years, Phantom Theatre's ride entrance & exit are firmly in the pink HB section of the map.

2000: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2000/pki2000.html

2002: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2002/pki2002.html

And with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, same thing. The "Attraction Locater" section of the 2005 map even has a pink circle number next to the ride name, indicating it's part of Hanna Barbera Land and not International Street (which has green circles for its attractions).

2004: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2004/pki2004.html

2005: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2005/pki2005.html

• Like 9

I think the theme is wearing out quickly. The guns barely work, and it just feels outdated. They should just create a new dark ride using the same ride vehicles. They should scrap the whole black light and shooting idea, and go back to something along the lines of Phantom Theater or if Guardian of Wonder Mountain is successful at Canada's Wonderland maybe possibly incorporate some of that technology. I would be happiest if they went back to a classic dark ride style though.

• Like 2

...then the ending scene that's pitch black with all the skeletons growling and groaning with glowing eyes is too scary for young kids, so I'm confused about who the target audience was.

My 6 year old son would 100% agree.

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is the one ride at Kings Island I try to pretend isn't there at all.

• Like 5

Different strokes for different folks; my 5 year old has loved it since he was 2 and up to the point where he was big enough to get on The Beast, Racers, Drop Zone, etc... last season, it was a must ride, often multiple times, often first thing in the park. Our soon to be 2 year old daughter loved it on her first ride last season. I wish the guns/target system worked better, was a little "friendlier" seeing as its right next to the kids area and considered by most to be a kids ride (even if the park list its location as International Street, the average park attendee is going to tell you that you enter that ride in Planet Snoopy), heck in a perfect world you'd have an option to adjust the sensitivity like a video game where you could have an easy setting, medium, hard, etc... modes that would require you to be more accurate. The scenery is more than a bit cheesy, but its come to grown on me having been on that thing roughly 100 times the last 3 seasons.

With all that said, if the new dark ride experience is a hit north of the border, I fully expect that building will see a transformation in the next offseason or two to a system that incorporates the technology used in that experience, perhaps even expand it to include the area used for storage and the haunt in the other half of the building. I will miss the memories I have of riding that thing with my son, and on the rare day that there was little to no line getting to take him on that thing 2-3 times in a row or switching off with mom. Its always a refreshing experience on a hot summer day to get out of the sun and into the cool air. Even if its technically on IS, and the wait time isn't the best way to compare popularity of a ride, it feels as if its the most attractive ride in the general Planet Snoopy area as I'll occasionally find lines out the building, and rarely see that on any other ride.

• Like 2