I really wish Boo Blaster would get a peanuts theme...

Screaming_Chicken

Agree most seasonal parks dont have the funds for these big dark rides, however, Kings Island is no regular joe Seasonal park.

Kings Island had a hard time doing up keep on Phantom Theater. The park is seasonal and does not get the money like Disney or Universal.

Personally, I want a @#&%$% boat and water dark ride. With music playing the whole time! And things to actually be animated...and to get yelled at over the loudspeakers to keep my hands in the boat from the dude hiding behind the prop bush over there...

Even if its the craptastic smurfs man. Ouch. I know...I watched the cartoon every Saturday morn...but I really loved the Gummi Bears, Muppet Babies, Peewees Playhouse and Dungeon and Dragons more. And Galaxi High...for the very few who remember that one.

• Like 4

I would love to see a Peanuts theme in there. While it is my 4 year old daughters favorite ride she would enjoy a Peanuts theme just as much I'm sure. Oh and not all kids are scared of the skeletons. She has been riding it since she was 2 and has never been scared. Everyone is different though. I think my collection of horror movies, shirts, and memorabilia has something to do with it. I caught her playing with the Chucky and Tiffany dolls I've had forever.

I wish it was Peanut themed. I like seeing the consistency in the park.

I think with it sitting so close to Planet Snoopy it should not go back to a Phantom Theater type theming. I remember my son being 6-7 and terrified of that ride. A dark ride like PT back where Tomb Raider was is a better place for such a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think the bigger issue is a seasonal park doesn't have the budget to keep the effects working.

Tell that to the people who own and operate the only dark ride outside of a Disney/Universal theme park that rivals a dark ride from a Disney/Universal theme park. I'll give you a hint, they live near Williamsburg.

And I would still urge people to look north to see the possible future of dark rides and immersive experiences at Cedar Fair parks, should the Guardian of Wonder Mountain be a hit.

• Like 1

The dark ride has always been considered part of International Street, not the kids area (The Happy Land of Hanna Barbera, Nickelodeon Universe, or Planet Snoopy).

No it hasn't.

Enchanted Voyage was part of The Happy Land of Hanna-Barbera from 1972 to 1981, and part of Hanna-Barbera Land 1982-1983.

Smurf's Enchanted Voyage was part of Hanna-Barbera Land 1984-1991.

Phantom Theater was part of Hanna-Barbera Land 1993-2002.

Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle was part of Hanna-Barbera Land 2003-2005.

It wasn't until 2006, when Hanna-Barbera Land was transformed into Nickelodeon Universe, that the dark ride transitioned to International Street. It's been part of that section since.

• Like 4

It wasn't until 2006, when Hanna-Barbera Land was transformed into Nickelodeon Universe, that the dark ride transitioned to International Street. It's been part of that section since.

Which never made sense to me, considering that to get to its entrance, you have to walk through the Planet Snoopy entry arch thing.

Well I understand with it not fitting the theme of the land anymore wanting to change it to being part of a different section, but it always got me too that they'd change when you have to clearly walk into there to get to it.

The dark ride has always been considered part of International Street, not the kids area (The Happy Land of Hanna Barbera, Nickelodeon Universe, or Planet Snoopy).

No it hasn't.

Enchanted Voyage was part of The Happy Land of Hanna-Barbera from 1972 to 1981, and part of Hanna-Barbera Land 1982-1983.

Smurf's Enchanted Voyage was part of Hanna-Barbera Land 1984-1991.

Phantom Theater was part of Hanna-Barbera Land 1993-2002.

Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle was part of Hanna-Barbera Land 2003-2005.

I beg to differ.

The 1972 brochure lists The Enchanted Voyage as part of HB: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/197x/pki197x1_2.html

... as does the 1974 brochure: http://KICentral.com/history/photos/displayimage.php?album=8&pid=247#top_display_media

The 1989 map lists Smurfs' Enchanted Voyage as part of HB: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/1989/pki1989index.html

Even in the Paramount years, Phantom Theatre's ride entrance & exit are firmly in the pink HB section of the map.

2000: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2000/pki2000.html

2002: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2002/pki2002.html

And with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, same thing. The "Attraction Locater" section of the 2005 map even has a pink circle number next to the ride name, indicating it's part of Hanna Barbera Land and not International Street (which has green circles for its attractions).

2004: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2004/pki2004.html

2005: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2005/pki2005.html

I could very well be wrong, but it's my understanding that the dark ride building is (and has been) considered part of International Street. It has often been marketed along with the adjoining kids' section, and its theming has (at times) matched it.

I'm pretty certain that Phantom Theater was never listed as an attraction in Hanna Barbera Land.

Probably the reason you don't see a Peanuts dark ride in our park is because Boo Blasters was commissioned by the former CEO, who saw fit to save money by ordering the same re-theme to all existing Scooby Doo themed dark rides. Our dark ride happened to be in the Peanuts-themed area, but that's not the case at all of the rest of the Cedar Fair parks. And Kinzel wouldn't waste a time personalizing ours. That would be outrageous!

• Like 7

Here's my view on it: It could be themed to The Great Pumpkin (not including that The Great Pumpkin Coaster is right next door :P). It has always made me wonder why its not Peanuts themed when it is located in Planet Snoopy and the ride workers are wearing Planet Snoopy uniforms.

• Like 3

It has always made me wonder why its not Peanuts themed when it is located in Planet Snoopy and the ride workers are wearing Planet Snoopy uniforms.

Ride hosts at the Eiffel Tower are also wearing Planet Snoopy uniforms.

The same group of employees staffs both Planet Snoopy and International Street.

• Like 1

Ya know, The other Boo Blasters in other parks may not be so close to other Planet Snoopy's but you gotta admit when Scooby-Doo & The Haunted Castle was at Kings Island that facade was unique as was the name. The other Scooby-Doo dark rides had pretty much the same name but different building facades and themes all around ( Anyone remember the Kings Dominion Scooby-Doo dark ride? that was the coolest que (outside Disney of course) that I've been in. I just wish Cedar Fair would realize all the Boo Blasters suck they are awful,awful rides. if they would re-do and retheme those rides to Snoopy or Peanuts in general that would be awesome! I would love to see a Great Pumpkin Themed Dark Ride or a Flying Ace Dark Ride.Just my two cents.

I wish it was Peanut themed. I like seeing the consistency in the park.

I think with it sitting so close to Planet Snoopy it should not go back to a Phantom Theater type theming. I remember my son being 6-7 and terrified of that ride. A dark ride like PT back where Tomb Raider was is a better place for such a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theoretically, the load area could be moved, but that would be a real journey into your imagination...

• Like 6

When was the last time the fog curtain projection worked? That was an awesome affect and I'm sad that it hasn't worked at least the last 2 to 3 seasons. It may have only worked during it's first season as Boo Blasters?

That was the most note-worthy thing about the retheme when Boo Blasters first opened up IMHO.. and then it stopped working after just a couple weeks it seemed.

• Like 2

To the park giving us a kids/ family retheme, and to me the international street/ Snoopy land is all in the same, yes as phantom I believe it was International street does not make sense when its in the Snoopy part.

Then build even a phantoms revenge or something in that style in another section:

I've never been to Six Flags over Georgia. But, I have heard great things. It just seems Boo Blasters went down hill so quickly..I never ride it anymore mainly because the kids hate it so much.I'd very much like to see a Peanuts retheme or a Great Pumpkin dark ride retheme or they could retheme it entirely to Snoopy and Woodstock. I mean the peanuts have a new movie coming out next Thanksgiving and you know kids will get to know the characters even more though that movie. Seems like kids know Snoopy,Woodstock and Good ol' Charlie Brown but fail to recognize the other members in the peanuts gang. But once that movie hits kids well know them all well enough... Scooby-Doo! has been ever popular since 1969 and he also has a new animated movie coming to theaters in the near future. They could always bring back Scooby..but they won't,

• Like 1

I think a Peanuts ride could be really fun. Possibly have speakers in the car and have Charlie Brown narrating what he did last year as a school project or something along those lines. That way we could see his classroom (and hear the teacher), The Great Pumpkin, the sad little Christmas tree, maybe Lucy's advice stand, and I'm sure they could work in a Red Baron scene somewhere. That would be really awesome to see.

• Like 1

I don't like the idea at all considering that nothing really has changed with the stuff when Paramount owned the park. You can still here Scobby sound effects when he runs in TV Episode. I don't think Cedar Fair would waste more money on a perfectly working ride.

Seems like everytime I ride it, it breaks down (usually in the same spot (skeleton room)) I would love to see a Peanuts ride take BBOBH's place

They frequently stop the ride for guests with disabilities to be able to get seated.

• Like 1

^Yet Kennywood, Knoebel's, and Waldemeer can keep up their dark rides.

...and Six Flags over Georgia, a seasonal park operated by a large chain just like KI.

If your talking about the Monster ride with half the figures are broken yes they are doing a great job. Other than Disney and Universal the only other Bush Gardens Williamsburg. I would not really call it seasonal the park does close for 3 months

^ I don't know of any Monster rides at SFOG with half its collection of figures broken. All of Monster Mansion's figures were working just fine in October 2013. That was the first (and only) time I rode it, but there were no motionless figures to be seen during that ride. It's a great ride.

Also, I'd consider SFOG a seasonal park if Dollywood gets to be considered seasonal.

• Like 2