I really wish Boo Blaster would get a peanuts theme...

Screaming_Chicken

They can say Boo Blasters is on IStreet if they want, but it's the first ride my kids see before they get measured for height right next to it. It's in Planet Snoopy as far as we can tell, and it's junk. We use it to cool off and that's only when we don't bring the three year old who was fine until the skeletons scared the snot out of her,literally. There is a great spot to stand and let the AC blast you cool right before you reach the ride-op to let you back by the ride. It's my favorite spot to cool off in the park!

• Like 2

Could they at least bring this part back from Phantom Theater?

At least put some sort of music in Boo Blasters.

And yes, the music was my favorite part of the ride. It sounds like its the lovechild between Phantom of the Opera, Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice. Its simply glorious, especially the music starting at 2:01 in the video.

• Like 9

I beg to differ.

The 1972 brochure lists The Enchanted Voyage as part of HB: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/197x/pki197x1_2.html

... as does the 1974 brochure: http://KICentral.com/history/photos/displayimage.php?album=8&pid=247#top_display_media

The 1989 map lists Smurfs' Enchanted Voyage as part of HB: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/1989/pki1989index.html

Even in the Paramount years, Phantom Theatre's ride entrance & exit are firmly in the pink HB section of the map.

2000: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2000/pki2000.html

2002: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2002/pki2002.html

And with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, same thing. The "Attraction Locater" section of the 2005 map even has a pink circle number next to the ride name, indicating it's part of Hanna Barbera Land and not International Street (which has green circles for its attractions).

2004: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2004/pki2004.html

2005: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2005/pki2005.html

I'm pretty certain that Phantom Theater was never listed as an attraction in Hanna Barbera Land.

Did you not click a single link XGatorHead posted? Phantom Theater was part of Hanna-Barbera Land from 1992 through 2002. The only time the main attraction that building has not been part of the children's section, but instead International Street, is 2006 onward.

^ As mentioned about 5 to 6 times on here. BBOBH is on IS. Not Planet Snoopy. The only reason the workers are wearing Snoopy uniforms, is because the entrance of the ride is right at the gate of Planet Snoopy.

Eh, not quite. In terms of operations, International Street and Planet Snoopy are a single section, and all the rides associates have the same uniform there. And the crew that specifically operates Boo Blasters is also responsible for 3-4 other Snoopy attractions.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS: The Republic of International Street has just invaded the sovereign nation of Planet Snoopy in an attempt to annex the region known as Boo Blasters. The leaders of International Street claim Boo Blasters is rightfully theirs and its employees identify as International Streetarians. Most other regions of Kings Island have pledged their support for Planet Snoopy and claim they will react swiftly to halt any advancement of International Streetarian aggression. Neighboring regions Action Zonia and Coney Mallistan remain on high alert. The remote nation of the United Attractions of Rivertown is considering many options including but not limited to freezing the Dippin' Dots tabs on many high ranking International Street officials. Now back to your regularly scheduled message board.

• Like 9

I beg to differ.

The 1972 brochure lists The Enchanted Voyage as part of HB: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/197x/pki197x1_2.html

... as does the 1974 brochure: http://KICentral.com/history/photos/displayimage.php?album=8&pid=247#top_display_media

The 1989 map lists Smurfs' Enchanted Voyage as part of HB: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/1989/pki1989index.html

Even in the Paramount years, Phantom Theatre's ride entrance & exit are firmly in the pink HB section of the map.

2000: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2000/pki2000.html

2002: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2002/pki2002.html

And with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, same thing. The "Attraction Locater" section of the 2005 map even has a pink circle number next to the ride name, indicating it's part of Hanna Barbera Land and not International Street (which has green circles for its attractions).

2004: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2004/pki2004.html

2005: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/2005/pki2005.html

I'm pretty certain that Phantom Theater was never listed as an attraction in Hanna Barbera Land.

Did you not click a single link XGatorHead posted? Phantom Theater was part of Hanna-Barbera Land from 1992 through 2002. The only time the main attraction that building has not been part of the children's section, but instead International Street, is 2006 onward.

^ As mentioned about 5 to 6 times on here. BBOBH is on IS. Not Planet Snoopy. The only reason the workers are wearing Snoopy uniforms, is because the entrance of the ride is right at the gate of Planet Snoopy.

Eh, not quite. In terms of operations, International Street and Planet Snoopy are a single section, and all the rides associates have the same uniform there. And the crew that specifically operates Boo Blasters is also responsible for 3-4 other Snoopy attractions.

From my observations, I have noticed that the crew that works at Boo Blasters rotates to the Great Pumpkin coaster, Grand Carousel, and Eiffel Tower. Boo Blasters may border Planet Snoopy, but the big merry-go-round doesn't. Do I care if the ride is considered Planet Snoopy or not - nope - I will ride a ride regardless of the "theme area" (unless of course I am too tall, etc.).

If you could care less, then you do care some...

I don't care if the ride is in Planet Snoopy or now located on International Street. I DO care about my family & friends having a fun time at Kings Island that's the reason I invite and take them, Boo Blasters is just a generic lazy themed excuse for dark ride that I wish would get re themed to something the whole family could enjoy...Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang.

• Like 1

If we follow the same line as what CP has done these past 2 years, then I could see it being quite possible for the park changing the ride next year, or us getting some more flats or heck maybe another family ride. I would like to see the park redo the ride completely. If it will be a "shooting" ride, upgrade to some much higher quality "guns". Another option I think that would be cool, is do something with the parks history and combine it with a ride experience similar to that of The Transformers ride at UOR, effects and what not wouldn't have to be nearly as good as that but I wanna see a more "modern" dark ride for the park.

• Like 2

With Banshee and AZ being a huge staple this year in the park and a very large investment I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't something immediately touched. However with CW up north and it's new dark ride with so many details still hidden and unknown I'm curious to see if it's design might be something we see down here @ KI at some point in the future. Hopefully I'll have a chance to ride it this year.

I can always wish for something like Verbolten though, hopefully I get to ride that for the first time this year as well.

Could they at least bring this part back from Phantom Theater?

At least put some sort of music in Boo Blasters.

And yes, the music was my favorite part of the ride. It sounds like its the lovechild between Phantom of the Opera and Beetlejuice. Its simply glorious, especially the music starting at 2:01 in the video.

There is music in Boo Blasters, at least in the dining room scene and on. I think it might be new music this year.

From my observations, I have noticed that the crew that works at Boo Blasters rotates to the Great Pumpkin coaster, Grand Carousel, and Eiffel Tower. Boo Blasters may border Planet Snoopy, but the big merry-go-round doesn't. Do I care if the ride is considered Planet Snoopy or not - nope - I will ride a ride regardless of the "theme area" (unless of course I am too tall, etc.).

According to a friend of mine who was a ride operator last season, Eiffel Tower and Grand Carousel are one crew, and Boo Blasters is paired with three small Snoopy attractions. Both crews are in "Planet Snoopy" though, and therefore cross training is probably common.

• Like 1

According to a friend of mine who was a ride operator last season, Eiffel Tower and Grand Carousel are one crew, and Boo Blasters is paired with three small Snoopy attractions. Both crews are in "Planet Snoopy" though, and therefore cross training is probably common.

Correct! Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is in a section of Planet Snoopy called North Pie, with Charlie Brown's Wind Up, The Great Pumpkin Coaster and Character Carousel!

• Like 1

^ If I'm not mistaken, The Enchanted Voyage and the Smurfs Enchanted Voyage utilized all the space in that entire building. From what I understand, when Phantom Theater was installed, that building was partitioned and part of it was for Phantom Theater and the other part was for something called The Enchanted Theater. So yes, it would seem that Smurfs Enchanted Voyage would've been longer since it occupied more space at the time.

Right now, again if I'm not mistaken, the other part of that building not being used for Boo Blasters, is being used for either storage or a Haunt attraction, or maybe both? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this info helped!

• Like 3

You are correct. When the building was converted from Smurf's Enchanted Voyage (which used the whole building), Phantom Theater only used the left side of it. The other side became Enchanted Theater, which is where they had shows for the kids. That area hasn't been used for shows in years and is currently occupied by CarnEvil.

• Like 3

You are correct. When the building was converted from Smurf's Enchanted Voyage (which used the whole building), Phantom Theater only used the left side of it. The other side became Enchanted Theater, which is where they had shows for the kids. That area hasn't been used for shows in years and is currently occupied by CarnEvil.

This is why the ride going up in Canada is of interest to me. One of the claims, IIRC, was the ride was customizable and if I read things right, could operate on many different programs thru the day if the operated wished for that variety. I immediatly thought of Boo Blasters and all of that "extra" space that goes to waste (well other than storage) for the regular operating season. I envision a kid friendly version of an indoor shooter/dark ride experience (or whatever CW has in store) for the regular season, then during the haunt, a kid's friendly halloween version of the ride during the day, and an adult version during the evenings when the haunt is in full effect.

• Like 3

This is why the ride going up in Canada is of interest to me. One of the claims, IIRC, was the ride was customizable and if I read things right, could operate on many different programs thru the day if the operated wished for that variety. I immediatly thought of Boo Blasters and all of that "extra" space that goes to waste (well other than storage) for the regular operating season. I envision a kid friendly version of an indoor shooter/dark ride experience (or whatever CW has in store) for the regular season, then during the haunt, a kid's friendly halloween version of the ride during the day, and an adult version during the evenings when the haunt is in full effect.

Would love to see them incorporate something like it if it's a success, but I think there are plenty of other places it could be put in that would be better, primarily the old Action Theatre which doesnt' seem to be getting used this year or The Crypt's old building. Could even do it in The Crypt building with a similar design to Wonder Mountain's Guardian with a lift up the outside and have multiple levels on the inside you go through. Maybe give it a mining theme to fit the area.

Boo Blasters I think is fine with it's current system it just needs spruced up with some new décor/theme. Would be fine seeing it reverted into just a standard dark ride featuring the Peanuts (not a shooter) if they're going to have another shooter in the park anyway.

• Like 2