Anyone know why Kings Island is closed this week?

MidnightBeast

It's like this every year. Pretty soon, kids will be off school for the summer, allowing more people to come to the park.

Right now (and the first few weeks of every season), it's not feasible for them to be open during the week

• Like 2

Nah, it's always been like this. Simply put - the kids are still in school so attendance and staffing would be an issue with daily operations during the week. The reason they are doing Fridays this year is primarily for Math & Science school trips.

It wasn't until about two or three years ago that they actually opened this late. It used to be weekend only operation from early April until around Memorial Day, then daily after that. However, opening later in April but going daily more quickly actually has added operating days since then.

• Like 1

Thanks for answering my question, everyone. Last year was my first year holding a season pass, and I didn't actually go until June, so I'm sorta new to it. Am I to assume then that KI's website is inaccurate when it portrays all of May as having daily operation?

Thanks for answering my question, everyone. Last year was my first year holding a season pass, and I didn't actually go until June, so I'm sorta new to it. Am I to assume then that KI's website is inaccurate when it portrays all of May as having daily operation?

I wouldnt say so, their calendar is usually very accurate, but i'm not one to give full facts. I've only started going once or twice a year since last year.

Daily Operation has started much earlier the last few years. I remember when Daily Operation didn't start till about the end of May around Memorial day weekend. Also the park used to be open weekends only about a month or more before Daily Operation starts. This is nothing new on the way they are doing things this year. Just be glad that park has been open Friday's as well, I remember when Fridays the park was closed for Math and Science Days.

• Like 1

Since Cedar Fair took over, daily operations at KI seem to parallel the start of daily operations at CP. ( CP has always started daily operations right away while KI would not start daily operations until after Memorial Day weekend.) I think KI has probably discovered what a treasure trove the month of May is with school trips and math/science days. ( Wish we had had trips to KI when I was in school.)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...