Haunt 2014

ki95

• 4 weeks later...

When does KI usually announce their Halloween schedule? I want to take the family this year and we want to prep as it will be our first haunt. We've read a lot of bad reviews of the surrounding hotels, we don't want anything to extravagant and would prefer shuttle availability, any recommendations would be appreciated :)

• Like 1

As it was in its early years, at first it didn't get the huge crowds that Haunt does. The first year, the attractions were provided by an outside vendor. At first, it was not included with park admission, and the park was cleared at normal closing and then re-opened.

Qualitative and even quantitative comparisons I will leave to others. Since September 11, 2001, I rarely (first at BGW of all places), go to any BooFest type events. There's enough potential horror in my life without those events...

I'm glad people enjoy them and am happy for the revenue they produce. I am not the, if you will, target market.

• Like 5

We always start Haunt a week after CP starts Halloweekends. If you plan to go to the first Saturday of Haunt, the park opens at 7pm to the public. I believe it's because of a park buyout. But opens at 11 am to the public all other Saturdays. If your taking kids, we have events for them on Saturdays and Sundays till 6 pm I believe. Planet Snoopy closes just before Haunt starts because it's used for Haunt. The park does Haunt on Fridays at 6 pm as well. But does not do any of the kids events. You can see a Haunt maze as your going to and from The Bat. It's called Wolfpack. It's in the old SOB station. A lot of the mazes will open at different times because some are indoors and some are outdoors. If your looking to work for Haunt, new hires can apply in august. I will be working my 4th Haunt in a row this year. It's fun.

• Like 6

Yes, I also think this is the first season that Halloween Haunt Will be open on Halloween! So Expect Major crowds if you go for halloween :)

For KI? No its not. It's been open on Halloween before.

It was? I didnt see it last year...

EDIT: This site says that its the first time Halloween Haunt is on Halloween, http://hubki.wordpress.com/crowd-calendar/

Yes, 2009 is the most recent. There was also 2003 during FeaFest. Back in 2007 they did the bare bones nights for Haunt where the haunts were open during the week and I feel like halloween night was one of them... but I don't remember despite the fact I worked every night of bare bones at Tombstone. Only thing I remember of bare bones the park was really quiet. Ryan or RingMaster probably remember for sure if halloween was one of those nights. >__> But yeah...KI Haunt has been open on halloween night before.

• Like 3

Yes, I also think this is the first season that Halloween Haunt Will be open on Halloween! So Expect Major crowds if you go for halloween :)

I actually would expect there to be very light crowds on Halloween (at night anyway), as most families probably participate in Trick-or-Treating and/or have their own festivities planned. During the day it might be packed but I would imagine the crowds to thin out in the evening.

• Like 2

Yes, 2009 is the most recent. There was also 2003 during FeaFest. Back in 2007 they did the bare bones nights for Haunt where the haunts were open during the week and I feel like halloween night was one of them... but I don't remember despite the fact I worked every night of bare bones at Tombstone. Only thing I remember of bare bones the park was really quiet. Ryan or RingMaster probably remember for sure if halloween was one of those nights. >__> But yeah...KI Haunt has been open on halloween night before.

Yep, it was open Halloween night in 2008 & 2009. I remember specifically because those were my first two years working Haunt, and I had to miss out on trick or treating with GatorGirl (who was 4 and 5 years old then) those nights. I also went as a guest on Halloween night 2007, which was a Bare Bones night. After we had gotten back from trick or treating and GatorGirl was in bed, I went up to the park to get one last Beast ride in for the year. That was the last day the park was open that season, and with it being a Bare Bones night... and a Wednesday... that season seemed to go out with a whimper.

Every neighborhood I've lived in (up to 4 now) around the greater Cincinnati area has done trick-or-treating on Halloween night.

Everywhere I've lived in the Cincinnati area, it's been on Halloween night too.

For KI? No its not. It's been open on Halloween before.
It was? I didnt see it last year...

EDIT: This site says that its the first time Halloween Haunt is on Halloween, http://hubki.wordpress.com/crowd-calendar/

Not only did that website get it wrong about Haunt never being open on Halloween before, but they also say that one of the worst times to visit is "Friday Halloween Haunts". In actuality, Haunt Fridays generally have smaller crowds than Haunt Saturdays. They also don't have November 1st & 2nd listed.

As far as crowds, who knows, but I think Halloween night might not be too bad. I don't remember specifically how they were in '08 & '09, but with other things going on like trick or treating and parties, that may keep people away, only to visit the following night?

• Like 3