Haunt 2014

ki95

I love the steampunk look. Hope it is a sign of things to come.

The Undertaker has had that look ever since the Over Lord "left the throne". The closest thing we have had (so far) that is related to steampunk is Blood Drums & that fairy tale character scare zone a few years back. Doubt we'll be getting anything steampunk any time soon (but who knows?!)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Guest dtk1376

I saw on the Kings Island Twitter that they are doing something new this year for families during the daytime, has anyone heard any details on what that might be? Don't know if this really belongs in this thread or not, but oh well, too late lol.

I saw on the Kings Island Twitter that they are doing something new this year for families during the daytime, has anyone heard any details on what that might be? Don't know if this really belongs in this thread or not, but oh well, too late lol.

I guess we'll let it slide ;) lol

But I'm guessing "Planet Spooky" in Planet Snoopy. Most if not all CF parks are doing it for their daytime event. That maybe the reason why they got rid of Holiday Horror

7a80f760a362e6669b67acc59f5b28a8.jpg

• Like 3

Since I'm pretty sure my question got wiped in the leak clean-up, (and though the leak prompted it, it isn't actually something new to 2014, this is just my first Haunt) I will ask again....

There is apparently no re-entry during Haunt. Obviously this would mean you can't get your hand stamped and return. But, do they also keep track of the season passes used to enter and prevent you from using it more than once in a day? Is Sunday included? Is it only certain hours on Friday and Saturday?

Season passes can only be used to enter the park once per day. As some of Terpy's posts have indicated, when he wasn't allowed into Carowinds (I believe) they said it was because he was already in the park (at the very time the park was just opening for the year I believe). The system blocks out multiple entries per day per pass. Thus, the handstamp needed for re-entry.

So for Haunt, there is zero re-entry, passholder or not. I believe this is the case for Fridays and Saturdays. Possibly Sundays. Best bet is to call the park and ask on that.

Re-entry is allowed on Sundays since Haunt doesn't take place then. As far as the other questions, I'll defer to someone with more up to date knowledge of front gate Haunt procedures since my knowledge of those ended with Paramount.

EDIT: Hydra, last year season passes could be used for re-entry without a handstamp during regular season. I don't know about this year since I haven't had to re-enter.

EDIT #2: Wait, you're back to being chugh43, not Hydra?!? :wacko:

• Like 2

^^ Both last year and this year, it has become possible (during normal operation) to use your season pass for re-entry without needing a handstamp. This applies only to KI; CP, for one, still requires a handstamp even for passholders.

I assume that passes will be tracked, and second and subsequent scans will not be allowed on Fridays or after the cut-off time on Saturdays.

• Like 4

Season passes can only be used to enter the park once per day. As some of Terpy's posts have indicated, when he wasn't allowed into Carowinds (I believe) they said it was because he was already in the park (at the very time the park was just opening for the year I believe). The system blocks out multiple entries per day per pass. Thus, the handstamp needed for re-entry.

So for Haunt, there is zero re-entry, passholder or not. I believe this is the case for Fridays and Saturdays. Possibly Sundays. Best bet is to call the park and ask on that.

Actually this year you were able to use the pass for re-entry. I never had my hand stamped all year and was able to re-enter, I believe it was that way also last year (at KI).

CP on the other hand, you needed a stamp.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed Skeleton Crew is apparently going to be in the Showplace Theater (beside Diamondback) rather than Kings Island Theater (where Cirque was).

Since I can't get to my computer at the moment, may I make another complaint about website design and implementation? I can't get to the Haunt page by directly navigating to it, and it isn't in the site map when I leave that crappy mobile site for the full site. Although, through the site map I can get to two Haunt related pages where I'm presumably not supposed to be, one of them explicitly not for the uninvited.

Ok, I have discovered a workaround, if I click full site, and then paste the Haunt URL, it actually goes. Until it feels like taking me back to mobile again a couple clicks later, but at least it is something.

And this must be ok to share again since it is linked off the Haunt page now https://www.visitkingsisland.com/assets/uploads/2014FrightGuide.pdf

• Like 1

My pre-event thoughts/ comments on this year:

Shows -

I'm not too fond of the return of Ghouls Gone Wild (btw what's up with KI bringing back old shows here lately?! Ex. The 80s show, GGW, Charlie Brown's Hoedown) where's the new stuff?! But anyways extremely excited to see that Skeleton Crew is coming!!! Blood Drums is cool :)

Scare Zones -

Happy to see Backwood Bayou is back! And that is all

Houses -

Killmart: really don't know what to think or say other than

1) It better be really good to hold the title as KI's largest maze yet

2) It's a very unique theme/concept

3) Hope to be able to attend this year to go through it!

Carnevil: whoop de do

Board to Death: Hope to go through it this year!

Club Blood: Why didn't they get rid of this and not Holiday Horror?!

Cornstalkers: Whoop de do

Delta Delta Die: Don't know what to say...

Cavern of Terror: Hope to go through it!

Slaughter House-Reloaded: Excited to see the new story!

Tombstone Terror-Tory: Eh, why not put Wolf Pack back there?!

Urgent Scare: Whoop de do

Wolf Pack: Wish it was back where Tombstone is

1199d4db824e0f8c5b54410d669beb54.jpg

• Like 1

So...what would be the likelihood of being able to enter the park during Haunt and see Skeleton Crew without having contact with any of the actors?

Also, any word on the children friendly daytime activities? I can't seem to find anything online about it. My youngest nephew is already looking forward to his "birthday visit" in October.

So...what would be the likelihood of being able to enter the park during Haunt and see Skeleton Crew without having contact with any of the actors?

Also, any word on the children friendly daytime activities? I can't seem to find anything online about it. My youngest nephew is already looking forward to his "birthday visit" in October.

Its doesn't appear to be out yet but King Island did mention the information would be out this week also so just gotta be patient apparently! Im waiting to hear about it to take my nephew too!

• Like 1

So...what would be the likelihood of being able to enter the park during Haunt and see Skeleton Crew without having contact with any of the actors?.

:D possibly hard since it's taking place at International Showplace & that's near Planet Snoopy where Freak Street is (not to mention having to go through Cemetery Drive) so you're literally going to be surrounded by Scareactors lol

• Like 1